• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

His only UCL goal was against Lens in a 6-0 drubbing at the Emirates too... disastrous signing, the type that the Arsenal Board should use to berate Arteta if they weren't cowards.

I think Arteta has done well to use his strengths and make him appear serviceable which he should do. The guys who were writing paragraphs claiming to see something was a bit jarring though.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
not necesarily. Who knew we were getting Trossard, Jorginho, Havertz, Raya or Timber more than a week or so before they happened?

The less the press knows about our business the better. I don't give a **** what rumour crumbs we are thrown as long as we do our business

Yeah agreed but I stressed the “wc” bit for a reason. None of those players were even considered elite tbh (in Jorginho’s case he was obviously past his wc days) - naturally elite players get way more coverage and it’s harder to sneak deals through under the radar.

I’ll put it this way - when was the last wc player that moved clubs and caught us by surprise?

I’m genuinely struggling to find an answer.

All this means is that we’re targeting lower profile signings for midfield. Someone like a Douglas Luiz, who tbf would do a decent job I think and definitely improve us but won’t have me jumping for joy either.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Yeah agreed but I stressed the “wc” bit for a reason. None of those players were even considered elite tbh (in Jorginho’s case he was obviously past his wc days) - naturally elite players get way more coverage and it’s harder to sneak deals through under the radar.

I’ll put it this way - when was the last wc player that moved clubs and caught us by surprise?

I’m genuinely struggling to find an answer.

All this means is that we’re targeting lower profile signings for midfield. Someone like a Douglas Luiz, who tbf would do a decent job I think and definitely improve us but won’t have me jumping for joy either.
How many 'wc' players move clubs each summer? Its normally a very low figure unless its older players chasing the Saudi £££

It also depends on how many players out there actually fit that moniker.

Personally while I'd love a superstar, recent seasons have shown us that most bumper ££ signings have actually been terrible! If say we got WIliams, Luiz & striker of not, I'd be pretty joyful ;-)

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
How many 'wc' players move clubs each summer? Its normally a very low figure unless its older players chasing the Saudi £££

It also depends on how many players out there actually fit that moniker.

Personally while I'd love a superstar, recent seasons have shown us that most bumper ££ signings have actually been terrible! If say we got WIliams, Luiz & striker of not, I'd be pretty joyful ;-)

Yeah I was of a similar mind until Rice came in and looked the business from day dot tbh and with our other signings everyone was like “give them half a season” etc etc

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The key for me is Timber.

If he can get back healthy, the we probably don't need to spend money on a defender, at least not top money for a starter.

Then sell the unused bench for 60-80m, we probably could have money for a top midfielder and a top forward.
👏 The bolded part above is spot on and likely the most realistic figure we'll get for a virtual fire sale. It's also sad that some on the bench didn't even get 20 minutes here and there when we were blowing teams away (assuming they were fit ofc)

fute

Doesn't have to be all or nothing. Permanent bench player vs world class player.

Plenty of talent out there where players fall in the middle category. And wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. This is where good sound talent evaluation and scouting are required. These players won't win more subcribers to fan channels and they won't win transfer window polls. But they'll help you win titles.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Doesn't have to be all or nothing. Permanent bench player vs world class player.

Plenty of talent out there where players fall in the middle category. And wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. This is where good sound talent evaluation and scouting are required. These players won't win more subcribers to fan channels and they won't win transfer window polls. But they'll help you win titles.
according to some "fans" here, we lost the Bayern game because Kai was so $hit and we need a WC striker to take us to another level.

Saka and Martinelli was basically non-existent on Wednesday, Rice was far below average, Jorgi did not have much chances, Bayern constantly left us no space in their box.
Benny Whtie and Tomi did not do much on either overlapping or inverting as midfield for more support.

Wondering what WC striker we were missing that could have taken Bayern down?

I agree of what you said, it does not have to be all or nothing.
Hope Edu/Arteta can get us what we need.

pireshenry

according to some "fans" here, we lost the Bayern game because Kai was so $hit and we need a WC striker to take us to another level.

Saka and Martinelli was basically non-existent on Wednesday, Rice was far below average, Jorgi did not have much chances, Bayern constantly left us no space in their box.
Benny Whtie and Tomi did not do much on either overlapping or inverting as midfield for more support.

Wondering what WC striker we were missing that could have taken Bayern down?

I agree of what you said, it does not have to be all or nothing.
Hope Edu/Arteta can get us what we need.
Finally someone with common sense.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I fear Arteta will shoehorn him into the side no matter what next season. For me he's either a false 9 for us or not on the pitch

elemoo

I get the impression most on here would prefer he didn’t play the last 5 games of the season and Trossard/Jesus would fare much better in his place *Kanye shrug*

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Did OK. Frustrating in parts but wasn't a hindrance. I'd still like to see more from him, especially if he's playing in midfield but it's telling that he was far more serviceable once he went to #9.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I have said it before but what I really like about him is the thing most people hate him for...minimal touches on the ball. We have too many players who just take too many touches when a simple one touch pass can set up a big chance. For the Ødegaard goal he gave a simple pass to Martin, if that was Martinelli, Saka or Jesus they would most likely take too many touches and either the recipient would be offside or a defender would get a foot in. Unlucky not to get an assist.

Oh and ffs Mikel, play him up top. That suits him a lot more than playing him in midfield.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom