• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

You lot are quote tweeting the same guy who claimed Timber would be back for Porto away and that Mudryk was a Balon D’or candidate. Stop believing everything that is said and look what the manager puts out on the pitch.

What do you mean stop believing everything that’s said? I saw Partey moving into midfield from RB with my two eyes? Unless you saw something different and if you did then what’s the point in conversing because you obviously need to see an optician.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
What do you mean stop believing everything that’s said? I saw Partey moving into midfield from RB with my two eyes? Unless you saw something different and if you did then what’s the point in conversing because you obviously need to see an optician.

We all saw it bro.

And it didn’t work. At all.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Havertz is the clearest example of just how much your teammates, managers, system and other intangibles can impact a players performance levels.

Wenger used to say there’s no such thing as a bad player at this level, you can kind of see that.

There are definitely some talented players in Europe with unimpressive stats who would hit world class numbers here *cough* LW *cough* I just hope we sign the right ones.

Agree with this but I feel this is a point that many choose to neglect or just continue to run with their narratives.

Still think certain players have that dawg in them that regardless of whatever team they move to they’ll still shine whereas players like Kai if you put them in this current Utd or Chelsea team then I doubt we’d be seeing what they’re producing with our better system in place. All about the system like I’ve said before.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Yes and then when we had the ball/attacked Partey moved into CM and Havertz was pushed higher.

Am I actually talking to brick walls here? Do people genuinely look at the team sheet and think that’s how we play throughout the entire game?

****ing mind boggling mate.

We play with inverted FB's lol. You can also see in the heatmap that Kai often fills the LB spot like Xhaka did when our LB comes into midfield. Sometimes he will push up, depending on "game state"

Having Partey do a very **** job of this from the right was nothing revolutionary

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm checking out of this argument because we are going around in circles. But what I will say is that half of the forum believes Kai was brought in to be a “versatile” option, and the other believes he was brought in to be our Xhaka replacement. Funnily enough, no one here has said Kai would be our CF. What does that tell you?
Actually both me and @Farzad Stoned consistently said Arteta will move him to striker in the summer once he realise you can’t take a guy who was never a CM and played 3 years as striker suddenly make him midfielder at the highest level. The response was the usual you think you know better than Arteta

It’s the exact argument facing Timber. You can’t take a guy who never played LB before coming to us and make him top class LB. And good players will do able to do a job here and there. Over time both players get found out

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
To deviate away from the recent pages of uselessness, I just watched the highlights again and Havertz done exceptionally well on both goals. They were really well taken, especially for a man who is currently 50% donkey.

Yeah, which was surprising given he missed the easiest chance of his life during the first half.

Really is one of those instinctive finishers, I guess. Which is odd, because he takes penalties really well, but during open play he gets a little bambi on ice if you give him too much time.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Yeah, which was surprising given he missed the easiest chance of his life during the first half.

Really is one of those instinctive finishers, I guess. Which is odd, because he takes penalties really well, but on open play he gets a little bambi on ice if you give him too much time.

That second goal was completely world class. I actually thought it was a deflection at first with how it made the keeper freeze

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

He fits our play so well as a false 9 and there’s more to come as we’re still not making the most of his movement.

Honestly he’s made me quite relaxed about the striker situation for next season. Much more worried about what Jesus’s knees will look like than Kai.

El Duderino

He fits our play so well as a false 9 and there’s more to come as we’re still not making the most of his movement.

Honestly he’s made me quite relaxed about the striker situation for next season. Much more worried about what Jesus’s knees will look like than Kai.

It's a shame he's having surgery. I think we would be selling if that weren't the case, despite him being a good player.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

He’s also put to bed the lingering concerns I had about veganism making players go brittle.

He is in the top 3 players in our squad for both stamina and durability for me.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nobody is saying he was brought in as a midfielder ONLY
Desperate goal post moving as per.

I think the reason they're doing this is because they're taking it as a criticism of Arteta as he hasn't really worked out as a CM. They're also two posters who are notorious for finding it very difficult to admit that Arteta may have done anything wrong.

It's really not that deep, Havertz as a Xhaka replacement was very exciting on paper, we all talked about how much better we'd be if a player with more offensive qualities played in Xhaka's role. It didn't work out and Arteta has reverted to using him as a false 9 like others have BUT he has him in the form of his PL career.

This is in credit to Arteta but the fact that you have to admit he did something bad to subsequently praise him for Havertz' current form is what's tripping them up here. Mikel has to be completely flawless for some. :lol:

El Duderino

Desperate goal post moving as per.

I think the reason they're doing this is because they're taking it as a criticism of Arteta as he hasn't really worked out as a CM. They're also two posters who are notorious for finding it very difficult to admit that Arteta may have done anything wrong.

It's really not that deep, Havertz as a Xhaka replacement was very exciting on paper, we all talked about how much better we'd be if a player with more offensive qualities played in Xhaka's role. It didn't work out and Arteta has reverted to using him as a false 9 like others have BUT he has him in the form of his PL career.

This is in credit to Arteta but the fact that you have to admit he did something bad to subsequently praise him for Havertz' current form is what's tripping them up here. Mikel has to be completely flawless for some. :lol:

I mean, it's fine if at least they had a set position from the start, etc.

Just make sure you don't look at the poll votes, because it sort of contradicts a lot of the chest thumping going on after the last match.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He’s also put to bed the lingering concerns I had about veganism making players go brittle.

He is in the top 3 players in our squad for both stamina and durability for me.
I mean his competition is Jesus, ESR and Vieira. Could hardly find a group that will make you look more impressive fitness wise

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I mean his competition is Jesus, ESR and Vieira. Could hardly find a group that will make you look more impressive fitness wise

Nah but for real it’s basically Ødegaard, Rice and Kai in a league of their own when it comes to fitness/stamina. Ødegaard winning that mini league for me and then a tie between the other 2.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

And White. Ben fitness is super impressive

I was gonna add him but then didn’t he have some persistent niggle earlier in the season? He also gets to rest during internationals unlike the others.

Tier 2 along with Limpayo.

His stamina might be tier 1 though he covers a lot of ground…

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom