• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Rewatched the game. Despite passing when he should have shot, he had a very good 1st half. Some really nice flicks and chest downs. He also one his fair share of knock downs. The positions he takes up are great and he really drags defenders all over the place. The only hing i would say is he maybe didin't attack the crosses, rather waited to see if the ball would come to him.

His first goal was sensational, the run, the way he holds off Cucurella, the finish, that is a No.9 goal.

I really like him as a 9, he offers a lot to the team there.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Are you slyly saying the English league is stronger than the German league 🤔
Now why would I say something as stupid as that

Both were used properly playing for Buli teams. In Havertz case not sure the number Chelsea done on him can be undone unfortunately

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Rewatched the game. Despite passing when he should have shot, he had a very good 1st half. Some really nice flicks and chest downs. He also one his fair share of knock downs. The positions he takes up are great and he really drags defenders all over the place. The only hing i would say is he maybe didin't attack the crosses, rather waited to see if the ball would come to him.

His first goal was sensational, the run, the way he holds off Cucurella, the finish, that is a No.9 goal.

I really like him as a 9, he offers a lot to the team there.

His finishing was easily the worst thing about his no. 9 play before and he's taken it from atrocious to OK, would be great if he became clinical because he seems to do all the bully/physical stuff well

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's genuinely one of the most underrated players in world football right now, tbh.

Everyone thinks he's crap because he has either played with in a crap attack at Chelsea, or was ****ed around as a CM for a while here.

He's a really good striker, especially for our system...if he played upfront this whole season, he would have a chance at the golden boot imo.

elemoo

He's genuinely one of the most underrated players in world football right now, tbh.

Everyone thinks he's crap because he has either played with in a crap attack at Chelsea, or was ****ed around as a CM for a while here.

He's a really good striker, especially for our system...if he played upfront this whole season, he would have a chance at the golden boot imo.

That’s a very good shout tbh… if he was up front all season he’d easily be out top goal scorer and even with only half the season is our best CF.

Thrice

His decision making in front of goal just isn't what you expect from a striker. It's like he's constantly trying to decide whether he wants to be a playmaker or a goalscorer.

He's a smart player. He knows where he needs to be on the pitch and how to create room for himself and others. And he will score goals because of it. But he's missing that killer instinct.
I saw him being compared to Berbatov shortly after we bought him. But Berbatov would never even think about passing on a prime scoring opportunity.

I still like him in this role though because he provides so much more than just goals. We would lose a lot of that by replacing him with a goalscoring striker.

IrishGooner93

His two goals yesterday were the type you don't really expect from him, especially the first one. Good to see.
Was literally only thinking this. I think they're up there with his best two goals he's scored for the team so far. He's scored one on one before but the pace and power to bully c u c k-erella for the first was brilliant. And the 2nd was probably his cleanest and most accurate he's scored from further out too. Usually his goals are around the 6 yard box and quote scruffy.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
His decision making in front of goal just isn't what you expect from a striker. It's like he's constantly trying to decide whether he wants to be a playmaker or a goalscorer.

He's a smart player. He knows where he needs to be on the pitch and how to create room for himself and others. And he will score goals because of it. But he's missing that killer instinct.
I saw him being compared to Berbatov shortly after we bought him. But Berbatov would never even think about passing on a prime scoring opportunity.

I still like him in this role though because he provides so much more than just goals. We would lose a lot of that by replacing him with a goalscoring striker.
Because he was not really trained to be a striker when growing up.

He was a midfielder and had a midfieldrt's mindset

Chelsea threw him up top but never really trained him well to be a striker.

Healthy competition is good, adding another striker improves our depth in this department.
Be honest, Jesus knee is really a concern.

elemoo

Not sure I agree with that - he was in the right place to tap in for White's and Trossard's goals if they passed to him he easily scores them imo. Both of his goals were elite finishes. I don't know what his conversion rate is, but from what I recall he either scores or forces a great save with most of his shots goal. I wouldn't be surprised if he is 2nd only to Trossard in terms of efficiency.

Some of his decisions have been poor in front of goal (every player makes mistakes )but only a small % and def less than our other attacking players. Personally I think if he stays as our main CF next season (and we buy a younger striker or get Isak - the only established CF I'd get tbh) he'll become much better and cut out the silly mistakes... I don't think 5 months at CF in his 1st season is anything less than a success.

Havertz has made me think that an elite/superstar striker is nowhere near a priority - I'd much rather focus on an elite 8, decent LB, top LW, backup for Saka, backup for Partey.

Thrice

Not sure I agree with that - he was in the right place to tap in for White's and Trossard's goals if they passed to him he easily scores them imo. Both of his goals were elite finishes. I don't know what his conversion rate is, but from what I recall he either scores or forces a great save with most of his shots goal. I wouldn't be surprised if he is 2nd only to Trossard in terms of efficiency.

Some of his decisions have been poor in front of goal (every player makes mistakes )but only a small % and def less than our other attacking players. Personally I think if he stays as our main CF next season (and we buy a younger striker or get Isak - the only established CF I'd get tbh) he'll become much better and cut out the silly mistakes... I don't think 5 months at CF in his 1st season is anything less than a success.

Havertz has made me think that an elite/superstar striker is nowhere near a priority - I'd much rather focus on an elite 8, decent LB, top LW, backup for Saka, backup for Partey.
I agree that midfield should be priority. And a natural LB. If we buy a striker this summer then you have to wonder what was even the point of buying Havertz. We spent too much money on him to be a backup/rotational player.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I agree that midfield should be priority. And a natural LB. If we buy a striker this summer then you have to wonder what was even the point of buying Havertz. We spent too much money on him to be a backup/rotational player.
A top club needs two good strikers, especially when competing against City. So you buy another striker, and Havertz can get minutes in midfield also. It's the perfect plan to have that quality striker depth/rotation. And I'm pretty sure we will see it happen. City has Haaland and Alvarez. Alvarez can play other positions, like Havertz can.

People dismiss Havertz in midfield, but fail to understand which I said from the beginning, that he needs to adjust to the team, tactics and a new role. And get that confidence back. This affected his performances at the start of the season.

And also need to consider who Havertz played with during the start of the season. With different players he can focus on his strengths in midfield. He can be that Ramsey type of midfielder, of course with worse dribbling skills, but still. Late runs to the box etc. He has the stamina for a box-to-box role.

So I see Arsenal buying that top DMF/CMF for midfield (Luiz or Guimaraes possibly), a CF, and use the rest of the money for other areas like RCB (Diomande) and maybe something else.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
A top club needs two good strikers, especially when competing against City. So you buy another striker, and Havertz can get minutes in midfield also. It's the perfect plan to have that striker quality striker depth/rotation. And I'm pretty sure we will see it happen.

People dismiss Havertz in midfield, but fail to understand which I said from the beginning, that he needs to adjust to the team, tactics and a new role. And get that confidence back. This affected his performances at the start of the season.

And also need to consider who Havertz played with during the start of the season. With different players he can focus on his strengths in midfield. He can be that Ramsey type of midfielder, of course with worse dribbling skills, but still. Late runs to the box etc. He has the stamina for a box-to-box role.
Yeah I don't like him in midfield but he might look different with a proper LF, Martinelli is just a ****e player.

There are enough games in a season for him to get some 10-15 games in midfield against teams we should win easily. Also, there's no way we can buy 2 midfielders and with Jorginho being close to an end Havertz might be that second/third option. Think we can all agree now Vieira and Lokonga are not going to be options next season

elemoo

Good point regarding the fee as backup but also if we are trying to compete with City and establish ourselves in the CL, we have to be like the other big teams who have basically top quality and often expensive players as backups in the squad (City obv has entire elite B team). I think people are right to want more from a 60mil signing or his wages but that's not really down to him as a player.

I'd only want Isak for our system if it means we can spend big elsewhere otherwise we def need cover at CF with Jesus' injury record. Trossard can obv play CF too but I don't think he's as good all round.

It would be interesting to poll if ppl would sell him in the summer over our other CF options i.e replacing him but sticking with Eddie+GJ.

Arsenal and Arteta also value character and personality quite highly too (there's some great talent we wouldn't want here based on them just not coming across as a nice person). I don't know of any other PL team where 95% of the players are so likeable and seem like great people.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom