• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kolo Toure, our new striker?

pamilih

I have a feeling that AW is grooming KT to be a striker. His style is different from TH and Ali. More like Ronaldo (the real one). He has speed and power. His attempted hattrick was spectacular. He needs to work on accuracy.

Kyla

Lol lewd.

Pam- you're taking the whole Kolo versatility thing out of serious proportion.

fredthered

Kyla said:
Lol lewd.

Pam- you're taking the whole Kolo versatility thing out of serious proportion.

Mate if you saw the match yesterday i think you'd have a different view.

Wenger brought Kolo on up front for the last 15 mins instead of Kanu probably giving him a run out before he plays kolo up fron tomorrow night in the cc. However i dont think he will be a striker in the long run!

Kyla

I heard the game last nite. Kolo was playing just in front of the midfield. He even tried an audacious shot but come on let's get a bit of perspective. You can't switch a defender to an attacker (Dion Dublin's an anamoly)

pamilih

Why not? Vieira was a defender initially, Henry was a winger. AW moves up players when he sees the potential.

It is the classical French approach: sous plongeur first before one can peel potatoes, then go on to become a trainee chef, etc.

bobbypires

Established Member
Yesterday Kolo was brilliant. His run was good; it was a shame that he didn't score.
But he's a great defender.

pamilih

Kyla said:
I heard the game last nite. Kolo was playing just in front of the midfield. He even tried an audacious shot but come on let's get a bit of perspective. You can't switch a defender to an attacker (Dion Dublin's an anamoly)

By proper grooming you should be able too. Kolo has the athleticism on par with Henry...

gooner_srf

Kolo in front...only if there are no other choice...we better get a true striking partner for henry..he needs that...and we cannot always rely on Henry ;D

Double_H

Established Member
pamilih said:
Why not? Vieira was a defender initially, Henry was a winger. AW moves up players when he sees the potential.

It is the classical French approach: sous plongeur first before one can peel potatoes, then go on to become a trainee chef, etc.

Pires and Freddie were FWDs if im not mistaken :!:

lewdikris

Established Member
Please, let's not get carried away here .... Wenger joked early in the week Kolo could play up front, the match was won, and we had no other options, so we brought him on ... he was mainly there to reinforce the midfield anyways...

Mark

Established Member
well since this kid can do anything i wouldn't mind seeing him play upfront he'd probably be great :p , but i'd rather he stuck to one position at the back.

Taozhe

pamilih said:
OK. Attacking midfielder then ...

Kolo did play the role of attacking midfielder a few times b4 and this time as a striker, its really funny when he wins the ball in the air for henry ... I could had sworn I wish we had a striker like kolo :p

overall Kolo's very good as a defender but I think his best position could yet be Central Defensive Midfield :)

I will always remember when he came on when vieira was sent off vs Chelsea and he single handedly controlled the midfield. superb covering and tackling. Good moving forward. MAN! :)

a super gem :)

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom