• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kolo Toure, our new striker?

Jinn

Established Member
Archie The Leper said:
Lewdikris, were top of the league, everythings rosy again, lets just have a laugh

Everything was always rosy... just that Manure and Chelski weren't dropping points.

The crowd always blows in whatever direction the wind blows.

The Mini

pamilih said:
I have a feeling that AW is grooming KT to be a striker. His style is different from TH and Ali. More like Ronaldo (the real one). He has speed and power. His attempted hattrick was spectacular. He needs to work on accuracy.

He's more of a Tony Adams type, tall and with mighty shot. He'll come up when he's needed, but it's not the Wenger way to use someone as a starting defender only to move him to strike, he might move to midfield if needed, that's Lauren's expertise

We thought this yesterday too. He could at least play up front on Tuesday - it may not have been clear at that point that Kanu was staying. Anyone else on here old enough to remember Chris "Chalky" Whyte, centre back converted to centre forward for half a dozen games or so under Don Howe, so c. 1984/5? That wasn't really the answer, nor was Paul Mariner moving from forward to centre back and then to midfield at about the same time. That may have been about the time we lost twice to Watford in the space of 36 hours. Actually, that was the following year, but indicative of what we were like in that period anyway.

GoonerLuke

The crazy thing is, I honestly believe that Kolo could become a pretty decent striker. I'm not advocating he play there, because God knows we need him at the back, but seriously, he could probably do the job in a pinch, he's just that athletic and powerful.

seanconvey66

I hope he doesnt just end up a utility man filling in wherever we need him. Think we should play him at the back, has all the attributes to be a class centre back or a world class right back! So i think we should find him a position and let him develop and flourish there.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Matt - I remember all that too well - and please note there's an automatic life ban from this forum for anyone that mentions the two H's!

Kolo is enthusiasm personified. I've said it before but when he runs on the pitch he always looks like a kid that was just walking past the ground as Wenger walked in and got asked if he fancied a game! I thought it was a great choice to put him on as sub up front because he can defend and damn right he's going to go on a run when he gets the chance!

But...Centre Half for me. I think he has all the abilities in that possition to be an all time great. Power, vision, speed, intelligence and distribution. He has everything it takes to play there as a pivot for the team. It's also the only position that he appears calm in...

GoonerLuke

seanconvey66 said:
I hope he doesnt just end up a utility man filling in wherever we need him. Think we should play him at the back, has all the attributes to be a class centre back or a world class right back! So i think we should find him a position and let him develop and flourish there.

Kolo will be a rock in the Arsenal defense for the next 10 years. With him and Ashley, we will have one of the best SB combos in Europe.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom