• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lassana Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Diarra in, Song out. Seems pretty simple to me. If Diarra wants to stay here and eventually replace Gilberto, then I think £5M is more than reasonable.

kym7224

With Gallas confirmed as Captain I think it is clear sign by Wenger we will fight to physical teams like Bolton, Blackburn,

So Diarra signing more and more likely, he is really physical hardman type holding midfielder.

5M I think that's reasonable price to sell someone to rivals.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I've seen Diarra twice in France's games and he was very impressive. He was everywhere, was passing the ball well and never lost it once.
Of course these are just two games but Diaby really struggled for instance in one of those same games.

I was very impressed with Diarra's performance and from the looks of it Wenger was to - he was commentating one of the game -.

kooldawg

Established Member
To be honest i haven't seen much of Lassana except in a Chelsea shirt so i wouldn't know how good he really is. But if wenger is after him then he doesn't really feel that Diaby and Denilson are ready to make the step up.

Diaby has not impressed me much so far, doesn't seem to have recovered to 100% status from his injury from that tackle. But if Diarra can hold the ball well and pass as good as Stiiphun you say he can then i'm happy with that.

Now Arsène just get me 1 more winger mate!@!

dutchMasta

I've seen him for France and Chelsea as well. He seems to be a consistent performer, though for some reason, Mourinho doesn't think the same. Every time he's come on, he's been quality in my eyes.

Incredibly strong and a fighter, he'll win the ball a lot for us in the midfield I believe, and close everyone down so quickly. Lampard said in an interview that Diarra was the best training opponent, since you really had to be on your toes and sharp with him closing you down in every instant. He's decent on the ball, and a good passer. I think he's a world class prospect, I see some Makalele in him.

I might be blowing it out of proportion, obviously I haven't seen all that much of him, but he definitely struck an impression, like Modric did when we played against Zagreb last year. I really want these two players.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
illmatik said:
dos1986 said:
Bodmer went for £5mill didnt he?

We really missed out there imo.....

QFT

I would take him over Diarra anytime

yeh but he wanted to go lyon too, so that would make the fee cheaper
his reasons being that he wants to be in the squad for euro 2008 next year and he sees this year as a major one for him, lyon, best choice
top team i france, in champions league, a top team in europe, hes bound to win the title and then maybe after a couple of years lyon will sell him and get a big fee

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
diarra and diaby are seen by many in france as the next makalele and vieira and wenger may also see these two as arsenals pinnacle in midfield in the near future

Alfonso

Established Member
Diarra is very good whenever Ive seen him. Even as a right back against Sp**s in the cup he looked very impressive.

siddharth

Sadly i feel that Glen Johnson is the one who is likely to leave. Mourinho clears mentions about having 3 right backs and there are other players who could play there.

I am sure Mourinhi is totally against selling Diarra to Arsenal and making us stronger. The fact is chelsea already have lampard , ballack , essien , mikel , makelele , sidwell who are all ahead of diarra so he's not going to play a lot this season. So unless the chelsea board decide that selling him is the best option , i can't see this happening until next summer.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I wonder if Gilberto isn't going to see more time at CB if needed, and that would free up a spot for Diarra in the center as the holding/defensive mid.

Paddy from Sweden

MDGoonah41 said:
I wonder if Gilberto isn't going to see more time at CB if needed, and that would free up a spot for Diarra in the center as the holding/defensive mid.

And Flamini might be needed at RB depending on if he's going to keep injuring Sagna or not. :?

patrick42uk

Established Member
Diarra is quality, step up from flamini definately and that alone makes him worth it because it means improving the team.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mourinho won't offload Diarra. Only Johnson will be sold. Mourinho won't be Mourinho if he does the opposite.

The best chance to see us signing Diarra will be when he signs a pre-contract with Arsenal next January. That's the most likely scenario to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom