• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lassana Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
So he's more or less saying, if you read between the lines, that he won't sign anyone until we're through on Wednesday. If Diarra can be had for £2M, I think he'll grab him before the window closes, as long as we don't melt down against Sparta Prague.

siddharth

Diarra for 2m is a steal !! I just have a feeling that Diarra to us is almost done but not official. Considering that he is not going to sign a new contract , chelsea would surely have tried to sell him and he has hardly been linked to other clubs. Also if you read wenger's comments he never says that he's not going to sign him but rather keeps it vague.

I'm praying that this happens.

thegame24

Established Member
wenger is baffling if he signs him

says we have too many mids, they all like to play center, and then to go buy diarra lol.

probably means gilbs in defence

stuart

Established Member
I've learnt not to question him. I did so about Sagna and already he's proven me wrong so....

KY

Established Member
diarra at full back. he can play there. which will leave us with FOUR right backs. and thats not even counting flamini. :D

belgianfan

the sad thing is, if this happens Arsène will be hailed yet again as a transfer genius and the man who can spot a bargain, but in fact it's a transfer that isn't that important.

He could strengthen us but this would put another midfielder in, a central one. The midfield quantity would improve, the quality? not much to me.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
him and diaby are seen as the new vieira and makalele, signing him will be great for that price but as again, noone wont complain as he is a bargain and especially from a rival
if he comes, he will do well no doubt but we already have problems as were stifled with more centre mids than **** who all want to play...the only good thing is, the whole squad have a great spirit and friendship with one another
but at a time when we need a winger and could of got, say di ridder for 2 million too but us instead after diarra(another cm), its quite farcical with what goes on in arsenes head
but anyway my job is to watch my team get 3 points and at the end of the season, the table wont lie
well see....

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
belgianfan said:
the sad thing is, if this happens Arsène will be hailed yet again as a transfer genius and the man who can spot a bargain, but in fact it's a transfer that isn't that important.

He could strengthen us but this would put another midfielder in, a central one. The midfield quantity would improve, the quality? not much to me.

completly agree belgianfan

belgianfan

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
belgianfan said:

completly agree belgianfan

I could tell by your previous post :).

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I don't agree. Diarra is better than Song. Diarra means song can go on his way to a team at the bottom of the table on loan. Removing Song and adding Diarra strengthens the squad, especially if a midfielder goes down and he'd need to play regularly.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
I don't agree. Diarra is better than Song. Diarra means song can go on his way to a team at the bottom of the table on loan. Removing Song and adding Diarra strengthens the squad, especially if a midfielder goes down and he'd need to play regularly.

now if he did that it would make sense but i think wenger will keep song, also it still doesnt defeat the object that we need a winger
but hey. only 3 days left till this windows shut

MDGoonah41

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
MDGoonah41 said:

now if he did that it would make sense but i think wenger will keep song, also it still doesnt defeat the object that we need a winger
but hey. only 3 days left till this windows shut

Wenger loaned out Song last year, I don't think he's too devoted to him. We do need a winger, but I'll take any strengthening of the squad at this point.

belgianfan

actually it would be a very bad transfer.

Wenger will say,ok now we have another central midfielder, a dm, this means I have many central midfielders. Maybe I should get rid of one of them,

at that time he realises our centre defence is weak and makes the wengeresque conclusion that now Song has become a defender. This would lead us straight into a disaster.

I am kidding a bid but after writing this, I actually believe there is a small chance this could happen(small), truly a frightening prospect and one we should avoid at any condition, if this means not another young promising french player, than so be it.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I can't honestly believe that Wenger, even though he is stubborn, would ever feel confident about having Song start an important match at CB

illmatik

Established Member
DIARRA diaarrraa (Chelsea mates singing his name from that one video) whatever I'll be mad if it goes through since we could have used that to buy a winger, but whatever honestly I'll take anyone

Kilgallon

Wasn't this guy supposed to be 'the next Makelele'?

He'd do well to leave Chelsea soonish...don't think we need him though.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
wenger said that he won't be looking to sign him. he said this about few times on a few players this week already to my annoyance.

mourinho says diarra is available at a mere 2m pounds. any taker?

Juicy

We don't actually have that many defensive central midfielders, and diarra would bring us much-needed steel in the midfield. Gilberto Flamini and Song are our only ones and if we sign Diarra we can send Song on loan and get him some experience (he needs it).
It is not actually that unlikely because Chelsea realise he will not sign another contract with them on the promise of about 10-15 games a season. It is quite likely that we sign him on a free this year, which would be a great signing. I am interested in how this turns our because I'm not sure Diarra wants to wait until January to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom