• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Arsenal vs Everton | 09/11/04

sabret00the

Established Member
Edu and Karbassiyoon set to start against Everton along with van Persie. Cygan and Fabregas likely to be rested.

why would Wenger start Danny ahead Senderos despite Phillipe being consistantly picked for the bench?

AFCG7

Established Member
Uhh.. Senderos is a sure thing in Central defense.. Karbassiyoon will most likely go to RB with Seb Larrsson going into MIdfield.

No idea.

Interesting Cygan is being rested - interesting.

I guess this Sol injury is getting worse and worse - still Cygan gets more match fitness which can only be good.

AFCG7 said:
Uhh.. Senderos is a sure thing in Central defense.. Karbassiyoon will most likely go to RB with Seb Larrsson going into MIdfield.

Yeah that's right. Karbassiyoon usually comes from the back.

Larsson wasn't so bad defensively considering it's not his natural position.

I'd rather see Senderos back there though.

sabret00the

Established Member
i know it was only a text report but wouldn't they have mentioned Sebe and Senderos if they were gonna play?

and aint our backup right back Hoyte? also can our youth hack what's likely to be a physical game?

AFCG7

Established Member
Maybe Lauren could also be rested for Gilbert to come in but that might be too much for our back line.So assuming CYgan is rested we might go with

Lauren Hoyte Senderos Karbassiyoon

Pennant(is he fit?) Edu Larsson Smith

Lupoli RVP

Well I'm assuming there will be a few first teamers in there too.

It's going to be a tough game no matter how you look at it and like Man City I don't expect us to win.

I think a lot of stems from our elusiveness and the youth's freshness towards premiership competition. It's a decent enough weapon to use because I doubt any team will expect us to win, meaning they will continually under-estimate us.

They have a strong defence but they haven't come across Van Persie lately.

sabret00the

Established Member
is toure injured can't se ehim missing the game, from the sounds of it, it will be

Lauren Toure Danny Cole

Freddie Edu Vieira Reyes

RVP Henry

in short i think you're getting carried away AFCG7 this is too much of an important match to rest that many first teamers. we really need to restore that winning feeling, but i'd like to see Senderos alongside Toure, Flamini in for Vieira and anyone for Freddie.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gooner Fish said:
No idea.

Interesting Cygan is being rested - interesting.

I guess this Sol injury is getting worse and worse - still Cygan gets more match fitness which can only be good.
with the uncertainty over his contract i think we're also looking at replacements as it's a major concern him being here next season, but we really do need him back but only if it will be for the rest of the season.

AFCG7

Established Member
Carried away yes.. but i am worried abut our game against the ****..we'll need as much of our best players, fresh and rrested and injury free

Dr. Alban

BBC rapports.

"Arsenal (from): Almunia, Taylor, van Persie, Flamini, Edu, Senderos, Pennant, Hoyte, Cregg, Djourou, Fowler, Larsson, Lupoli, Owusu-Abeyie, Karbassiyoon, Smith."

If this is correct, this is just about what I was counting on, except I thought Mark Howard was going to be in the squad, since he neither played U18 on Saturday nor is in the Reserves squad for today. Maybe he's injured? Gilbert is playing for the reserves tonight anyway.

My pick:

Almunia
Hoyte - Djourou - Senderos - Larsson/Karbassiyoon
Pennant - Flamini - Edu - Smith
Lupoli - van Persie

Subs: Taylor, Larsson/Karbassyioon, Cregg, Quincy, Fowler

AFCG7

Established Member
Oh crap.. i forgot about Flamini :eek:ops:

I think he will definitely play alongside Edu... agree with that lineup Dr Alban.

sabret00the

Established Member
glad to see Pennant is fit, that's made my day, Freddie seems to be having a confidence crisis in terms of going at players.

AFCG7

Established Member
BY the way ..the team Dr Alban picks looks solid enough to give Everton a good game , maybe even win it.My only worry like i said earlier is going to be Fergusson if he plays.

Dr. Alban

The bookies seem to have Arsenal as clear favourites for this game. I can't really figure out why.. :roll:

You can get Everton at 9/2 or 3.50 as I prefer to say..

Spike

Established Member
sabret00the said:
is toure injured can't se ehim missing the game, from the sounds of it, it will be

Lauren Toure Danny Cole

Freddie Edu Vieira Reyes

RVP Henry

in short i think you're getting carried away AFCG7 this is too much of an important match to rest that many first teamers. we really need to restore that winning feeling, but i'd like to see Senderos alongside Toure, Flamini in for Vieira and anyone for Freddie.

It's the Carling Cup, you won't be seeing Henry, Reyes, Vieira, Freddie, Cole, Toure, or Lauren.

patrick42uk

Established Member
sabret00the said:

Lauren Toure Danny Cole

Freddie Edu Vieira Reyes

RVP Henry

no chance of so many first teamers. wenger spoke of us being down physically so i'm sure he wont play his first teamers in a game that is unimportant. and yes this game is unimportant on every level. confidence gained from winning our next premeirship game will be more important than in a cup which offers us no rewards.

MightyArsenal

The bookies will lose a **** full with oddslike those, if everton play a full team they will be too much, especially with their aerial prowess with cahill,ferguson,cambell, kilbane, graveson, carsley etc.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom