• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Arsenal vs Everton | 09/11/04

Chips&CurrySauce

Great performance from the lads. For me Pennant was the star man, showed great skill and linked up really well with Van Persie and Lupoli. Van Persie showed his class and was unlucky not to score from a free kick (great save by Wright). Edu and Flamini were both superb in midfield, they were both tackling really hard and they were a great threat going forward. Edu really was a key player yesterday, he added compusure to our game in the first 10 minutes when we were under alot of pressure.

I was also really impressed with Lupoli, a natural finisher and has the quality (unlike Jeffers) tolink up with the rest of the team.

Quincy was superb, as Wenger said he is very direct. He drives forward all the time and defenders are petrified of his pace. He provided a few comedy moments aswell. The thing with Quincy is that the defenders don't know what he is going to d next, he is totally unpredictable and sometimes you get the impression Quincy doesn't know himself... I know he had a great game but I still don't see him as our best prospect. Lupoli for me has alot more class and composure to his game. Feel gutted for Smith who shows glimpses of real talent. Does anyone know what his injury is. Hopefully its not too bad as he was able to walk off.

Senderos had a few dodgy moments in the first half, but in the second half he was excellent. He took too many risks in the first half, he has to learn quick that in first team football you don't get the time you do for the reserves. On the whole, once he eradicates the mistakes he can be a great player.

Djourou I thought struggled. Very tough for a 17 year old to play centre back in the first team. A couple of times he totaly missed his clearances, but as with Senderos he will definately improve. Has the physical attributes, just needs to add a bit of composure.

Hoyte was very solid, and Karbassiyooon gave 100%. He made some crunching tackles, though I am looking forward to Clichy playing as he does give us an extra dimension..

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Anyone else impressed by Almunia? He looked very calm, in control and I thought his handling was great. Good save at the end, too.

Chips&CurrySauce

Yeah I like Almunia, he always seems really calm, made a good save in the first half and at the end. Unlike Lehman he also kicks the ball very well. He is actually alot bigger than I initially thought!

kel varnsen

Established Member
Sammer said:
Sol said:
. Id love to see him given a chance ahead of freddie.

Same here, especially since Freddie didn´t create much impact in the last games, Pennant could be an option for Saturdays match.

yeah, he only created arsenal's only goal at at selhurst park... sheez.

freddie has been one of the players this season; no doubt about it...

Spike

Established Member
Wow, all I have to say is that we dominated, our build up play was fantastic, we used the ball and the players well, passing was superb, goals were great. We defended fantastically, held our line and never looked edgy, we dealt with every Everton attack without any problems. Why didn't Quincy start? He was amazing! Persie showed some great technique, Flamini showed great composure and eye for passes, Lupoli was at the right place in the right time, Almunia played well; made some very important saves.

Everton third place? Rubbish, they were outplayed by youth.

Great to see a good turnout, 28,000 I think, it showed how it was some people's first game. I was in North Lower, and whenever we sung the 'We're the North Bank' song, some kid stood up and sung 'We're the Clock End', done it throughout the match, I was like "Dude, this is the North Bank!".

Nevertheless, I believe we can get past the quarters if we don't get paired up against the big teams like Chelsea or Manure.

RobinVanPersie

Natnat said:
KingReyes said:

Ooops for the guy who did title on the blogg.
Quincy Owusu -Abeyie was born in the Netherlands.
It will be The Netherlands who will have him be their Superstar, and Arsenal who will have him and he will be one of our superstars

Yeah in the future we have Robin and Quincy as our strikers ;D Who is gonna stop us if we have those two players :lol:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Sammer said:
Sol said:
. Id love to see him given a chance ahead of freddie.

Same here, especially since Freddie didn´t create much impact in the last games, Pennant could be an option for Saturdays match.

yeah, he only created arsenal's only goal at at selhurst park... sheez.

freddie has been one of the players this season; no doubt about it...

He was still crap against Palace. He is a weak link. No doubt about that. Especially if we are to conquer Europe which is apparently so important to some of you.

AFCG7

Established Member
He was indeed crap against Palace.. the setup for the goal was the only time in the entire 90 mins that he beat Palace's left back , and he had to do it off the ball.
Wenger will start him against Sp**s though, because he is one determined player and did well against them the last 2 times.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Oh yeah, I'm not saying he should be dropped for the Sp**s game, in fact knowing Freddie, he'll probably score, but if Jermaine carries on at the level he produced last night, it's hard to justify leaving him out.

A

Anonymous

Great to see a former Ajax-player and Dutchman playing a crucial rol for Arsenal in the Cup. :)

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom