• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Arsenal vs Everton | 09/11/04

KingReyes

Established Member
Reflecting on the game, Wenger believes the future of the club is in safe hands after his team romped to victory over Everton.

Wenger said: "It's not only that we qualified, but that we did it in style and we love doing that.

"This team has quality and it shows the future of the club is in good hands.

"I was pleased we didn't panic at 1-0 down. After that, it was a good mixture of enthusiasm and quality. They played intelligently, technically well and with the spirit we like to play the game."

A

Anonymous

KingReyes said:
Reflecting on the game, Wenger believes the future of the club is in safe hands after his team romped to victory over Everton.

Wenger said: "It's not only that we qualified, but that we did it in style and we love doing that.

"This team has quality and it shows the future of the club is in good hands.

"I was pleased we didn't panic at 1-0 down. After that, it was a good mixture of enthusiasm and quality. They played intelligently, technically well and with the spirit we like to play the game."

I agree.
Hopefully most of them won't be sold off which looks likely to happen now.

@ dynasty, I agree, and anyways Cesc looks tired.

Mark

Established Member
For Sp**s I say:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Pennant Vieira Pires Freddie

Reyes Henry

Subs: 1. RvP 2. Cesc 3. Flamini 4. Senderos 5. Almunia

Pires always scores against Sp**s, so this would be a good game for him to find a bit of form. I say we play him in the centre with Vieira for this one, if it doesn't work out we can bring on Cesc or Flamini later. Would love to see Pennant play and the rest of the team picks itself really.

Allyboy

Established Member
Moyes was just on and said they only lost because Edu should have been sent off for a two footed challenge at one nil up.

Talk about bitter, I do not know what challenge he is referring too and even so he could have said something nice about our kids but I guess he is just a dour Scot!

(Before people call me racist, my family are Scottish :wink: )

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Journey to Arsenal 2 hours same going back, but it even worth 4 hours one way and 4 going back, it was wonder goals

bobbypires

Established Member
Our future is bright. 8) I didn't watch the match but from what I heard on Arsenal Plus they were great again. They always give everything inside. All of them deserve an opportunity. Pure quality.

I told KingReyes we were gonna win 3-1 when Everton were 1-0 up. I'm always confident.

patrick42uk

Established Member
wenger on quincy 'its a very difficult job to predict a young player'. i think wenger too is surprised by quincy. twice he chose not to start him, but twice he has come off the bench to devastating effect. without a doubt now i feel he has moved a step closer to the first team. aliadiere's position as 5th choice is under threat.

JazzG

Established Member
I could put this team out against the Spuds

hehe now wouldn't that be funny if it did happen :D

Some very interesting points there. He says Quincy will play in the first team at some point. I think patrick right now he is our 5th choice striker as Ali is out until the end of the season isn't he?

oh and another thing about Quincy, we really need to come up with a nickname for him. It is a real pain trying to spell his name correctly!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I haven't read all the posts in this thread as I got in from the game an hour ago. I thought Quincy was terrific, really exciting, purposeful, skillful and pacy. And a great goal. Lupoli didn't have the greatest of first halves but his two goals were well taken. Pennant impressed me as much with his defensive work as anything he did in an attacking sense. I also thought Hoyte was good. Not too sure about this Djorou character but Edu and Flamini did well.

Oh and wasn't van Persie unlucky with that free kick?

Couldn't believe the attendance was so low, where were you all? :shock:

Mark

Established Member
I say Quincy should be ahead of Ali in the pecking order anyway. He is versatile, he played LM for both Carling Cup games so far.

As for a nickname, everyone seems to be calling him Quincy at the moment.

Ridge

start Pennant as i ve always say so. you have to give them a chance in first team action, although stick with your senior team is also importnant.

Mark

Established Member
I've thought Ali's career here was done a while ago. Quincy in particular looks fantastic.

n_henry

Just heard about this result (was doing an exam)... excellent. God, our future looks blindingly bright. :D

skart14

Allyboy said:
Moyes was just on and said they only lost because Edu should have been sent off for a two footed challenge at one nil up.

Give credit where its due yer bitter ****..

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I'm genuinly delighted to see the young players doing so well. I mean, Chelsea only beat this team one nil at the weekend, and our reserve team comes along and gives them a footballing lesson. Brilliant stuff.
Just saw the goals, and could've sworn I was watching the first team. The movement and pace was archetypal Arsenal. Wenger's philospophies run from the first team to reserve to U-18. The man's a genius. Now when the young players integrate into the first team, it will be virtually seamless ala Cesc Fabreags.

Sad to see Smith get injured though, I really hoped he would make an impact.
Edu's broken toe has really fecked us up now. Can we survive on Vieira, Cesc, and Flamini until the new year? :?

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom