• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Everton vs Arsenal | 08/11/06

go49oner

Established Member
okay time for some 'revenge' after our draw at home in the league.

i'm hoping for a comfortable win considering our recent results to get some morale and confidence into the team but thats easier said than done since its an away fixture at Goodison Park.

Wonder what team Wenger will put out bearing in mind we play Liverpool on Sunday. The lads seem to be tired and in need of some rest. This will be the fourth game we're playing in a two week span.

The back four will most probably be like this with Almunia in goal. Eboue obviously needs some match fitness so he will definitely play and maybe Senderos in place of Toure.

Eboue-Toure(Senderos)-Gallas-Clichy

and as for the rest of the team.. Freddy/Baptista still out injured so it most likely will be
-------------Gilberto----------------------
Hleb --------- Fabregas----Rosicky

Not sure who the forwards will be.. another chance for Aliadiere perhaps? partnering Ade or RVP and Henry on the bench.

your thoughts?

Wenger14

Established Member
Highly unlikely that many, if any, who featured on Sunday will get a go here.

Tough game, but I've got a good feeling about it. They will be confident, they will take the game to us and will fancy their chances against a young Arsenal side.

-------------Almunia
Hoyte Djourou Senderos Traore
-------Denilson Song Flamini
Simpson-------------------Walcott
--------------Aliadiere

If it's a 4-4-2, Walcott upfront with Aliadiere, Flamini on the left, Simpson stays on the right.

Bench would most likely consist of Conolly, Randall, Poom, Adebayor and possibly Ljungberg?

Going for a 2-1 win for us, being the optimist as ever. Walcott and Ali to score.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Re: Everton V. Arsenal | Carling Cup | 4th Round, Goodison P

go49oner said:
The back four will most probably be like this with Almunia in goal. Eboue obviously needs some match fitness so he will definitely play and maybe Senderos in place of Toure.

Eboue-Toure(Senderos)-Gallas-Clichy

and as for the rest of the team.. Freddy/Baptista still out injured so it most likely will be
-------------Gilberto----------------------
Hleb --------- Fabregas----Rosicky

Not sure who the forwards will be.. another chance for Aliadiere perhaps? partnering Ade or RVP and Henry on the bench.

your thoughts?

Do you actually watch Arsenal in their Carling Cup matches?

Arsène would only play a team like that in the semi final, IF we needed a result.

andyswafc

I gurantee not one of those first teamers will play. It will be a similar team to the first round, hopefully Theo will get a good 90mins, and Aladieire will continue scoring. Good game for Phil and Eboue to carry on with thier comebacks. It's not going to be an easy game, I'm sure Moyes will play his first team and as usual a team playing us will raise their game to an unusual high level. A good test for the youngsters, I recon this game will go all the way. Knowing our luck at the moment Neville will probably get the winning penalty.

Oh an Arsène will hopefully hit Moyes......

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
I reckon:

Eboue
Djourou
Connolly? Senderos?
Garry? Traore?

Randall
Song
Flamini
Walcott

Aliadiere
Ade

Looks a but light in MF though, specially if Everton put out a lot of first teamers! Not sure Wenger would want Denilson to play....

Jkreffer

Established Member
I expect to see...

Almunia

Eboue Djourou Senderos Traore
Walcott Flamini Denilson Song Aliadiere
Adebayor

Yes I know what your thinking about Ali on the left, but that is what Wenger did against WBA before Ade got injured and he moved upfront.

Possibly Clichy may start again to get his more game time under his belt.

hujja

Established Member
Slightly off-topic but is Julio expected to be fit for this match?

I don't have a good feeling about this. It could be a fiery encounter against an energized Everton side who'll probably look at our young ones as an opportunity to be physical and bully us around.

They're obviously going to be fielding first-teamers.

DOUBLE-YOU

what i'm more interested in, is the press conference (well not more but slightly interesed). whats the chances he gets more questions about the west ham game than anything else

qs

Established Member
Id expect a very stron g back line. Probably

Eboue - Djourou - Senderos - Clichy

Probably see Ade and Ali team up up front.

Flamini and Denilson in midfield maybe, Walcott and Randall out wide

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Win for Everton, I'm afraid, who will (I predict) play pretty much their first 11. Can't see the youngsters handling AJ & all and I suspect it will go the way of the Boro tie (albeit that was a two legged affair) a few years back.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
I think Sky are absolutely pathetic. They've showed all but one of ManU's games this season and today, they will be showing their game with Southend. I mean, Southend.. wtf? They ignore an all premeirship tie for Southend?

Lukazan

Established Member
It's the whole small team playing Manchester United thing, 'ohhh it's all one big dream for the players'...

:roll:

Is it ****.

Nemesis

My team:

Almunia

Eboue Djourou Senderos Clichy

Walcott Song Denilson Flamini Ali

----------------------Ade

Wenger14

Established Member
Most of you have Eboue in your line ups. IMO we need him to start next Sunday against Pool at home. Being involved in 3 games in one week after you've just made your come back from injury isn't the way to go. IMO it'll be Hoyte who starts, or Connolly.

Adebayor will start, so I'll swap him for Simpson from my original line up, moving Walcott to the right.

And was wondering that myself, wtf is it with all these Manure games? Even on Football first it's almost always them shown on match of the day.

Tony Montana

Established Member
I have a feeling Everton will play exactly like they did against us at Ashburton. I feel we need to get 'em up em a bit more.

Wenger14

Established Member
By that I assume you mean 10 men behind the ball?Against a very young Arsenal side at Goodison Park? I would be surprised.

qs

Established Member
Wenger14 said:
Most of you have Eboue in your line ups. IMO we need him to start next Sunday against Pool at home. Being involved in 3 games in one week after you've just made your come back from injury isn't the way to go. IMO it'll be Hoyte who starts, or Connolly.

Most of us have Ehboue in so he'll have another hour or so (assuming he'll be subbed off) before the Pool game.

daniel

They're definitly not gonna play defensive football. I would be very surprised if they did.

I'm glad thet Conolly and Denilson will probabbly be included in the squad. I hope to see the best of them on wednesday.

Who will win? For me it's hard to say, cause Carling Cup isn't the competition where you can rely on favourites... Everyone plays with their second best team....

Wenger14

Established Member
qs said:
Wenger14 said:

Most of us have Ehboue in so he'll have another hour or so (assuming he'll be subbed off) before the Pool game.

Fair enough, but I don't see the need to risk him tbh. We've missed him. I would rather protect him than risk it.

daniel

Me too, this game is actually not THAT important, and it is definitly not necesary for him to play, and therefore risking of agravating his injury.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom