• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Everton vs Arsenal | 08/11/06

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Teamtalk reckon the squad is:

Arsenal (from): Almunia, Connolly, Senderos, Djourou, Clichy, Flamini, Song, Denilson, Randall, Walcott, Adebayor, Traore, Aliadiere, Poom, O'Cearuill, Simpson, Hoyte, Eboue.

Now they ****ed up rather obviously last game round but this one looks about right.

Still they've probably guessed it again anyway!

jester

Established Member
probably:

almunia
connolly-senderos-djourou-traore
walcott-song-flamini-denilson-aliadiere
adebayor

thats how they started off last time, with aliadiere on the side, otherwise walcott will go left wing with flam on the right.

jester

Established Member
I meant formation wise. Traore cam on for ade, and swapped with ali to go onto the wing.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Surely the idea is that he gets more game-time under his belt to build up his match-sharpness after a (fairly) lengthy lay off? I think that would make more sense in a less intensive fixture than throwing him at against Liverpool on Sunday.

Either way, we'll have a decent looking backline for this one. Knowing Wenger, he's unlikely to deviate from the side that played West Brom and that was maybe a factor in Theo's absence on Sunday.

entropy13

Established Member
So long as we win, and so long as we don't get more injuries, I'll be happy. Shame it's an evening game, I can't watch it since it'll be past midnight by then and I have classes...

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

DOUBLE-YOU said:
what i'm more interested in, is the press conference (well not more but slightly interesed). whats the chances he gets more questions about the west ham game than anything else

Thats odds on I reckon . Arsène should have given him a hand shake and a pat on the arse even if he did not mean it. That way he would not have to deal with all this acrimony.

Mark

Established Member
I'd like us to go for it as it could end up being our best bet for a trophy at some point, who knows? But we probably won't as we will rest players for Liverpool. I reckon...

Almunia

Eboue Djourou Senderos Clichy

Flamini Denilson Song Walcott

Adebayor Aliadiere

I'd have a few big names on the bench maybe, like RvP, but I'm not sure how Wenger will approach that.

Looking at that team, I think it could stand a chance against Everton. We knocked them out a couple of years ago with a young team, we can do it again. I'll just be a little disappointed that our reserves could beat them but our first-team failed to. 2-1 Arsenal. Adebayor and Walcott.

liridon

i think is very hard to revenge because they are more confident on keeping the ball and our teams moral is very low but i hope they are going to do this for fans.

Feis-al

liridon said:
i think is very hard to revenge because they are more confident on keeping the ball and our teams moral is very low but i hope they are going to do this for fans.

No no mate, not this team. They are young and fearless. This is the competition and they give it their all. Expect no bottlers unless Henry plays and drags their confidence with him. The last time we played everton, They did put up a strong team and I remember the score being more than 1 in our favour.
That teamtalk lineup looks about right

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I hope it will be something like Mark's line-up. Wonder why so many people want to play Ali as a left winger. It's a misconception that in 4-5-1 the left winger position is for anything but a left winger. RVP isn't one, neither is Ali.

Jkreffer

Established Member
I don't think anyone really wants Ali to play left wing, it is just Wenger did that in the last Carling Cup game so its fairly likely he may do it again. The only reason he moived upfront is because Adebayor got injured.

clockwork orange

Jkreffer said:
I don't think anyone really wants Ali to play left wing, it is just Wenger did that in the last Carling Cup game so its fairly likely he may do it again. The only reason he moived upfront is because Adebayor got injured.
yeah I know. If we go for 4-5-1 I would prefer walcott from the left and Flamster or the most in shape youngster capable of playing that role as right winger.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
We are almost sure to play with a 5 man midfield that means.only one striker can play upfront. Both Ali and Ade need game time..so i expect Ali to start on the left..and drift inside whenever possible.

clockwork orange

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
We are almost sure to play with a 5 man midfield that means.only one striker can play upfront. Both Ali and Ade need game time..so i expect Ali to start on the left..and drift inside whenever possible.
problem is that that's exactly what a winger in 4-5-1 shouldn't do. If they both need a game we need to play 4-4-2.

By the way shouldn't we aim for re-establishing something like the Milk Cup, all topclubs have such big squads they need matches for their Reserves.

Could anyone could post some info on how we're doing during the match (can't watch it overhere), Thanks a lot.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
problem is that that's exactly what a winger in 4-5-1 shouldn't do. If they both need a game we need to play 4-4-2.

By the way shouldn't we aim for re-establishing something like the Milk Cup, all topclubs have such big squads they need matches for their Reserves.

a 4-4-2 with our young squad simply won't be able to compete in the middfield battle against a first team everton. Thats just the reality. With our movement, Ali can still be effective because first Ade moves around a lot therefor it makes it easier for Ali to run in at every opportunity. Leanardo, this are not static positions..they are mostly set for when we don't have the ball in which case we have to have enough numbers in the middle but whenever we have the ball..the movement will be based on space available. So as long as we are moving well, Ali's impact or RvP's impact from the left should be there.

clockwork orange

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
leonardo santiago said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:

a 4-4-2 with our young squad simply won't be able to compete in the middfield battle against a first team everton. Thats just the reality. With our movement, Ali can still be effective because first Ade moves around a lot therefor it makes it easier for Ali to run in at every opportunity. Leanardo, this are not static positions..they are mostly set for when we don't have the ball in which case we have to have enough numbers in the middle but whenever we have the ball..the movement will be based on space available. So as long as we are moving well, Ali's impact or RvP's impact from the left should be there.
I know.

Playing 4-4-2 makes it much harder for their fullbacks to join midfield, if we play 4-5-1, both Everton's fullbacks will effectively be midfielders. Everton play 4-5-1-ish too, our fullbacks should strengthen midfield.

Both teams playing 4-5-1 is to Everton's advantage. Midfeild will be overcrowded resulting in our more skilled players having no room against a physically stronger squad, this way we only make it easier for them.

If the other team are physically stronegr than you are you should always make the playing field as large as possible.

stuart

Established Member
i dont have a good feeling about this and had we been on a good run of form i wouldn't give a crap but as we really need a win i hope we can get one here! no doubt everton will put out a full team as teams like this realisticly see the worthless cup as their only chance of silverware!

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
leonardo santiago said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:

I know.

Playing 4-4-2 makes it much harder for their fullbacks to join midfield, if we play 4-5-1, both Everton's fullbacks will effectively be midfielders. Everton play 4-5-1-ish too, our fullbacks should strengthen midfield.

I dont get you. Does it mean they will be playin ga 3-7-1 if their fullbacks become midfielders? If they play a 4-5-1.that means priority will be the midfield battle..so since we have a young/inexperienced/less physical team, the only logical move is to also put 5 in the midfield. We are still more effective going forward with our 4-5-1 then anyother team in the EPL that employs a 4-5-1. Most do it strictkly for defensive purposes(to stop the opposition from playing) and have an even harder time to support the lone striker.

clockwork orange

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
leonardo santiago said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
leonardo santiago said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:

I know.

I dont get you. Does it mean they will be playin ga 3-7-1 if their fullbacks become midfielders? If they play a 4-5-1.that means priority will be the midfield battle..so since we have a young/inexperienced/less physical team, the only logical move is to also put 5 in the midfield. We are still more effective going forward with our 4-5-1 then anyother team in the EPL that employs a 4-5-1. Most do it strictkly for defensive purposes(to stop the opposition from playing) and have an even harder time to support the lone striker.
Both teams playing 4-5-1 is to Everton's advantage. Midfield will be overcrowded (effectively 7 midielders v 7 midfielders) resulting in our more skilled players having no room against a physically stronger squad, this way we only make it easier for them.

If the other team are physically stronger than you are you should always make the playing field as large as possible. Not make it as small as possible by playing 4-5-1. You should out pass your opponent not try to outmuscle them. We should make sure it's an open match, not a midifeld battle. We can't win that, we should be fighting on our terms, not on their terms.

If we would be playing 4-3-3 there would be far more space on midifeld (Everton's fullbacks couldn't go forward).

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom