• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Liverpool vs Arsenal | 09/01/06

Nutsy

Established Member
Okay, should this be a chance for the reds to take revenge after we crushed em 3-0 at home ground? I can see them plotting to win this game against us, another loss for them against us would be real blow down, although we are up against em atleast 4 fixed fixtures.

i get the feeling that AW is gonna play the reserves for this one, even though he made a statement where he'd focus on the Carling Cup. but at this point i do hope he is using the reserves giving the first team a rest ahead of the Balckburn game at the end of the week.

a draw from the Pompey game, made me thnking, we can actually get a decent result from this one, or are we saving up for the weekend?

;) what'll be fellow Gooners?

Meek

i think we will go down tbh. liverpool may just prove to be too strong at anfield and as you said will be after revenge after we embarrased them 3-0.

Meek

Tony Montana said:
Yup. Liverpool to comfortably win this. I want to have them in the FA Cup 3rd round though.

yeah i would rather that to. but the crap thing is that they are at home for both.

IBL

Established Member
I think we'll lose but as long as we give it a decent crack I'm happy. Probable team:

Almunia
Hoyte - O'Ceauril - Senderos - ?
Walcott - Flamini - Song - ?
Baptista - Aliadiere

We may see Ralph play some part in the game which would see Hoyte go to LB. If Rosicky and Ljungberg recover they may play some part. Also have a feeling Djourou wil play alongside Senderos at the back.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Jimbo14 said:
Will this be an unpredictable game of reserves is the real question?

No. It will be half reserves, half first teamers. Liverpool will win. Too much for us in terms of passion.

Alfonso

Established Member
I think loosing this game will do us more good than bad. Because a)We wont have to worry about a potential semi final clash v Sp**s/Chelsea and all the mocking that goes with it b) We dont have to play midweek for once, and it will give our injured squad a chance to rest for once during mid week(we have played two games every 4 days since begining of Nov). c)If we win and eventualy get to the final, it will disrupt our season as we have crucial CL matches around this period, and we would miss a league game, resulting us having to do even more catch up for a CL place.

Basically I would rather loose to Liverpool than get to the semi's and loose to Sp**s or Chelsea.

dublingunner

Established Member
Am I wrong or do Liverpool generally field a fairly strong team in the Carling Cup? If we play our reserves we'll do very well not to go out.

Certainties I suppose:

Almunia, Senderos, Traore, Song, Denilson, Aliadiere.

EDIT: And Baptista - forgot about him, I'd say he'd be a certainty too.

nazo

Established Member
Throw out the kids and let them win the cup themselves. I don't want us to tire out our players for a mickey mouse cup.

stuart

Established Member
i dont really care about this one, but i can't see us beating them in the carling cup and f.a cup tbh, im sure baptista will start and since he is so keen to make an impact, why not against liverpool

qs

Established Member
They rested Agger today, Id see that as a sign they'll play a strong team. Theyve plenty of decent options and we'll play reserves. Only one outcome IMO

Nutsy

Established Member
The Big question is though, as Wenger will sure put out the reserves. will Liverpool do the same? if then, Liverpool putting out their reserves, i can actually see us winning this, probable for their weekend aswell, since they moved up third, i'm pretty sure Rafa's gonna save the players for another bonecrushing at Anfield in the weekend to secure their 'third' place in the table..?

Or am i being too naive that Rafa is actually gonna play their reserves. (exactly when was the last time we heard of em) :roll:

qs

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
The Big question is though, as Wenger will sure put out the reserves. will Liverpool do the same? if then, Liverpool putting out their reserves, i can actually see us winning this, probable for their weekend aswell, since they moved up third, i'm pretty sure Rafa's gonna save the players for another bonecrushing at Anfield in the weekend to secure their 'third' place in the table..?

Or am i being too naive that Rafa is actually gonna play their reserves. (exactly when was the last time we heard of em) :roll:

Rafa will play a strong team but not liverpools best 11. Considering Agger didnt play today i can see him and Hyypia playing. warnock will probably play. Fowler and either Crouch probably up front. That new midfield they have, is it Guthrie? I reckon he'll play. Probably Pennant and Gonzales on the wings.

Gryphon

well we have to play them 3 times at anfeild starting from now, in the league, carling cup, FA cup and in all honesty no one believes that you can beat pool 3 times at anfeild in 1 season, 2/3 will suit me just fine (to us)

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't the team can win this game. Unless Benitez filed a weaker side, OR our team begin to score from corners.

Nutsy

Established Member
qs said:
Gunners_Nadz said:

Rafa will play a strong team but not liverpools best 11. Considering Agger didnt play today i can see him and Hyypia playing. warnock will probably play. Fowler and either Crouch probably up front. That new midfield they have, is it Guthrie? I reckon he'll play. Probably Pennant and Gonzales on the wings.

Exactly my point. if that's goin in, i'll be (again) pinching myself to death if the youngsters win this over em @ Anfield. but somehow. i can still hope against hope. if we do have a chance to win this, i'll be more than f-ing grateful. Blackburn up ahead @ weekend, chance for Fab to rest. he simply was exhausted out there today.

maybe Bap would start this.. he does needs more games. this is one of em.

qs

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
qs said:
Gunners_Nadz said:

Exactly my point. if that's goin in, i'll be (again) pinching myself to death if the youngsters win this over em @ Anfield. but somehow. i can still hope against hope. if we do have a chance to win this, i'll be more than f-ing grateful. Blackburn up ahead @ weekend, chance for Fab to rest. he simply was exhausted out there today.

maybe Bap would start this.. he does needs more games. this is one of em.

Actually Bap would be perfect for this one.

theres always a chance. our reserves did beat the same Evertone side(more or less) who hammered pool 3-0

Alfonso

Established Member
I would take loosing this game, if we were to win the FA Cup match and league game at Anfield. We cant be greedy can we.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom