• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Liverpool vs Arsenal | 09/01/06

Mostarac

Established Member
Can`t wait to get Lauren back in the team, we really need his combatitive abilities and experience right now. Do not know if he will play this match, but if Wenger decides to play him, it would surely enhance our chances to advance even though he has been out injured for a while.

koivu

kel varnsen said:
almunia, hoyte, senderos, baptista, denilson, flamini, aliadiere and song will all surely play. maybe rosicky, walcott toure and lauren as well. will be interesting to see what team wenger picks.

Agreed, though I still can't see Lauren taking part. Playing 55 minutes against some Vietnamese team and starting against Liverpool's first team in a cup competition that they'll be taking seriously are two different things.

Looking forward to seeing our lineup on the day though I'm not expecting a win.

I'm actually going to see this one televised in Canada thanks to Setanta, first time I can remember a Carling Cup match being shown here.

Alfonso

Established Member
This will be a big test for the youngsters. But due to the fixture and the stadium they are playing in etc, im sure they will thrive under such circumstances. Its not every day for a 18 year old to play against such a big club like Liverpool at Anfield, so they will give it their all and it will be great experience for them nontheless.

kel varnsen

Established Member
maybe something like:
almunia
hoyte-toure-senderos-flamini
walcott-rosicky-song-baptista-?
aliadiere

not sure about that left wing though. maybe rosicky will play there and denilson in central midfield?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Flamini will be there for sure , I think that Aladiere and Baptista will feature and hopefully Denilson.

qs

Established Member
Toure should be rested. Djourou and Senderos is plenty good for the CC.

At this point an injury to Toure would be an unmitigated disaster so i wouldnt risk him in this.

phenn

I really feel like Ali needs to start this game, if he doesn't even play in the CC he's got to be out soon.

Nutsy

Established Member
Even if Lauren doesn't starts, i get the feeling he'll be coming on as a subs anyway. btw does any one know that this game will be shown live on stream, coz from the looks of it, my tv ain't gnna show it LiVe.

even if it is, we're might end up a draw for this one, cant expect to win all the games in Anfield, and FA cup title is more tempting than it is the Carling Cup. Anfield is a fortress, we beat em last season due to Stevie G's screw up, and it aint gnna happen again this time.

Ay..

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I'm very much looking forward to seeing some of our youngsters playing for the first time. They don't usually show Carling Cup here in Oz.

I got no idea about what line-up Wenger will play, but I can imagine he wouldn't want to play any of the regulars.

Would be awesome to see Lauren play a mini-cameo towards the end of the game however.

And just to have it here too......

Aussies - Wed. 20th 6:40am. Foxsports 3

kooldawg

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
Even if Lauren doesn't starts, i get the feeling he'll be coming on as a subs anyway. btw does any one know that this game will be shown live on stream, coz from the looks of it, my tv ain't gnna show it LiVe.

even if it is, we're might end up a draw for this one, cant expect to win all the games in Anfield, and FA cup title is more tempting than it is the Carling Cup. Anfield is a fortress, we beat em last season due to Stevie G's screw up, and it aint gnna happen again this time.

Ay..

There will probably be a stream for it online.

Google live footy and check out the side that pops up :p

Nutsy

Established Member
kooldawg said:
There will probably be a stream for it online.

Google live footy and check out the side that pops up :p

:lol: tried that buddy, but i'm having issues with internet connection now, and the live stream would be darned terrible, because it's too darn slow! It Kills me really. the internet broadband's here just simply terrible. :cry:

:( guess have to pay extra for pay per view on the tv. it's worth it, and the Gunners gonna have to win this one :twisted:

KingReyes

Established Member
Since this will be shown on the telly it would be nice to see the likes of Denilson play which I think he will.

Almunia, Senderos, The Beast, Aliadiere, Hoyte, Song and Flamini should all get a run out here.

The result will depend on what team Liverpool put out but I can't see us getting the win.

marco

In a weird way think our reserves have more chance of winning up there than our first team... they seem to do better and are fearless

ronitc

I'm really interested in watching Denilson play in the middle, personally. Would love to see Lauren play some part as well.

Gurgen

Established Member
marco said:
In a weird way think our reserves have more chance of winning up there than our first team... they seem to do better and are fearless

I agree marco, I have a strange feeling we will win both this one and the FA Cup tie. And if we lose it will be by one goal.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
depends on what liverpool put out. i am sure they will put gerrard and co out.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
It's going to be a tough one, the scallies will put a strong side out as they like US need the silverware, I am not holding my breath on this one, I just hope we put up a strong performance with a lot of guts. My heart says Arsenal but my head says the scallies. :(

Lukazan

Established Member
Not sure what kind of team Wenger will put out, but I'm sure Liverpool's will be quite abit stronger.

Therefore, I can see them underestimating us and us picking up the win.

qs

Established Member
phenn said:
I really feel like Ali needs to start this game, if he doesn't even play in the CC he's got to be out soon.

He'll have to start, sure who else can play?

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom