• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 27/10/04

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 381
  • Views 12,914

PolishGooner

oh, well :roll:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... g+Cup+draw

Portsmouth v Leeds
Chelsea v West Ham
Middlesbrough v Coventry
Doncaster v Nottingham Forest
Newcastle v Norwich
Millwall v Liverpool
Burnley v Aston Villa
Southampton v Colchester
Sheff Utd v Watford
Everton v Leicester/Preston
Charlton v Crystal Palace
Bolton v Tottenham
Bournemouth v Cardiff
Man City v Arsenal
Birmingham v Fulham
Crewe v Man Utd

A

Anonymous

Nah,the draw is done!
I have my communication within Arsenal FC ;)

A

Anonymous

Gooo Bolton Goooooo
Kick the **** out of da spuds

Henry IV

I think it will be a good opportunity for some of the reserves to get a run out against another Premiership team.

Mark

Established Member
It'll be tough, but as Henry IV says, it will be good experience for our youngsters.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
does anyone else see this as a really ****ty draw? why exactly do we always get stuck with Prem teams in the cup competitions?

Arsenal316

We don't always get stuck with Prem teams. Look at the Carling and FA Cups from the past couple of years. I don't think that's been the case.

Yeah, it sucks cause if Man. City field their best squad, they'll probably beat us. Cause nobody in the starting 11 will play against them. Wenger has made it clear he will play the young players only. He really doesn't care if we win or lose.

The shame is these guys will probably only get one match to play....unless they all have the game of their lives. I highly doubt our second team will beat Man. City's first team.

quattro

We don't always get stuck with Prem teams. Look at the Carling and FA Cups from the past couple of years. I don't think that's been the case.
in last year's fa cup all our opponents were prem teams.

man city will be tough for a youth squad, even if is arsenal's. however, this is good challenge for them. this is the chance for the likes of pennant and robin van persie to show their true mettle. IF they can get through city with a very young squad surely even wenger's head will turn in their direction.

jasonlohkh

We have a very talented yuoungster. Yes we might lose to Man City but Man City is not a consistent performer. Or maybe Keegan won;t be around this time

jeromelee

Here we go again. Why does it seem like we're always drawing teams that we're going to meet in the EPL at the same time? Last season was Boro. Now Manc. Ah well, couldn't really care about the Carling Cup anyway. Stretches our team too thin if we were to go for all competition.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I reckon it'll be a bloody ripper of a game. We got some class youth, and im not totally sure Man City will field their strongest team, but it'll definately be stonger than ours. We'll have some experience there, like Cygan and maybe a senior midfielder like Edu will play, so i doubt we'll be ALL youngsters.

And i dont know if there was a thred about this before, but I'll just say it here. Its good to see John Spicer have a hand in knocking out Blackburn from the Cup. Hope he does a good job there.

Taozhe

On a positive note, what if our youngsters beat Manciteh's full squad? It will prove how strong we are definitely.

Allyboy

Established Member
I think most people felt Wolves' first team would win at Highbury last year and our mixture of youth and reserve team players beat them 5-1! So all is not lost.

Still Citeh are the favourites and will most likely win, I was hoping for a home draw against a non Premiership team to get our confidence up and set us on the way for another run.

Ah well, least Sp**s have a tough draw at Bolton!

AfC_li4nGht

A good run in Carling cup will booast the morale of the lads & show us what they can do...

With the likes of Van persie, Fabregas, Pennant... i would not rule out on our chances...

Imagine Arsenal B team won the carling cup... how awesome!!~ ;D

MightyArsenal

I wouldnt be so **** sure about this draw...especially cause its away from home. I really dont think we will be able to handle the likes of wright phillips and anelka with cygan and senderos as centre backs because they dont have the pace.

We'll just have to see what team wenger puts out there.I also dont want to see cesc play, id rather he saved his energy for the league and fa cup especially if that thug joey barton is playing...you just know hes gonna go in two footed on one of our players...

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom