• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 27/10/04

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 381
  • Views 12,935

brianfrance

Established Member
Taozhe said:
On a positive note, what if our youngsters beat Manciteh's full squad? It will prove how strong we are definitely.

Interesting thing there; In France, if we beat City with our youth team, some people will say the EPL is a ****ty league, not Arsenal is a great team. :roll:

beanz

jeromelee said:
couldn't really care about the Carling Cup anyway. Stretches our team too thin if we were to go for all competition.
I have to disagree with you there jerome, it's a great opportunity for the young lads to test their mettle and also gives us lesser mortals, a chance to get to Highbury. :mrgreen:

marhes26

City will win.I hope i'm wrong but i think that might have to much experience on the night.It was like when we played Boro,i knew over two legs they would probably clinch it as it meant that bit more to them then us.I just hope we put up a good show.I dont like this cup as realistically we wont win it and take it as serious as other clubs who have no chance of winning the major trophies.Good luck boys and surprise me!!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A what a matchup. I hope we win and get to the next round. Will be the ultimate challenge.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Normally Arsenal are a team that everyone wants to avoid, but that's not the case in the Carling Cup. Man City away is one helluva tough game. I think we'll give them a really difficult game, but I think City will edge it.

Serip

Not only do we get a prem club but it's an away fixture as well :x

SWP and Anelka are top players but the rest of their team are nothing special, i'm sure there'll be a couple of more experienced players starting to lend a hand to the youngsters (DB10 as captain will suffice though). It's up to Van Persie and Pennant to shine though. The midfield will be in safe hands with Flamini and Fabregas. Really we should win this, the only downers are that it's an away match and we play the mancs in the prem the weekend before (also away).

slapz

I dont know why most people are throwing a paddy cos we play a premiership team away. The reserve team get a day out up north and get to play against premiership quality to gain experience and all for when they try break through to the first team.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
and as someone else mentioned above, we dont know that they will be playing their full first team either... Anelka & SWP might not even play... (although, im sure they will)

i, too, amd a tad disappointed with this draw...

A

Anonymous

I really dont care who we get in this comp.

Anyway, im still goin to go, and might write a little report on it.

lewdikris

Established Member
Good man.

Yeah, no point complaining about the opposition. It is a CUP after all. It's better for the kids to be tested against decent opposition - beating Rotherham (like we did last year) doesn't really prove much about their quality, just their professionalism.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
The Man City vs Arsenal tie is live on Sky Sports on Wednesday 27th October. The live game on Tuesday is Millwall vs Liverpool.

A

Anonymous

I recon man city will win it!
Theyll be up for it!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So will our kids, they will want to prove themselves against Premiership teams.

A

Anonymous

*Loyan* said:
So will our kids, they will want to prove themselves against Premiership teams.
Hope So!
But i wouldnt be upset if we lost.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would be disappointed, but understand, but let's be more optimistic shall we.

Canuck

Established Member
With city's inconsistent form, I wouldn't be suprised if our youths won it 2-1. :mrgreen: Maybe even 3-1. ;D

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom