• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: West Bromwich Albion vs Arsenal | 24/10/06

Carling Cup fourth round draw:

Notts County v Wycombe
Tottenham v Port Vale -why? :(
Birmingham v Liverpool
Chelsea v Aston Villa
Watford v Newcastle
Chesterfield v Charlton
Southend v Manchester United---****e :x
Everton v Arsenal ---- :evil: so tricky

Original_AAA

ashleycunt said:
Carling Cup fourth round draw:

Notts County v Wycombe
Tottenham v Port Vale -why? :(
Birmingham v Liverpool
Chelsea v Aston Villa
Watford v Newcastle
Chesterfield v Charlton
Southend v Manchester United---s***e :x
Everton v Arsenal ---- :evil: so tricky

Oh well, atleast our youngsters will get a real test instead of a game against an opponent who is not so much better then what they face in they're reserve games.

Alfonso

Established Member
By the way this match is in between home games with Liverpool and Newcastle. So i dont think any experienced players will be playing, unless the ones coming back from injury.

Real bad draw for us, considering the other big teams got piss easy ones(apart from Chelsea, who are at least at home though).

gunner_down_under

I just saw the goals from West Brom game, the first one was a great run from Ali, and the next was a very cool finish. Wouldnt mind seeing him come on for 30 mins in our next game. As Wenger explained, he's been injury free for a while now (touch wood), and with Ade out injured it would be a good time to show everyone what he can do, and like someone else said, he does seem very similar to Anelka in his style of play.....afterall, they were from the same academy!

invisibleman18

Established Member
Just seen the highlights on ATVO.
Great run by Aliadiere to win the penalty and a nice cross and finish for the 2nd goal.
Obviously can't see too much in 7 minutes of highlights to comment greatly on the game but it's good to get through and hopefully the youngsters can put together a nice cup run.
Could well see a bit more of Ali and Walcott over the next few weeks with Adebayor out injured.
Atmosphere sounded great.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Alfonso said:
By the way this match is in between home games with Liverpool and Newcastle. So i dont think any experienced players will be playing, unless the ones coming back from injury.

Real bad draw for us, considering the other big teams got piss easy ones(apart from Chelsea, who are at least at home though).

I think it's good that the kids will get the chance to go and play in a big northern stadium, should harden them to the experience for when they make the first team proper.

Not saying I wouldn't have loved a home draw, mind..

marco

Yeah i agree think it is a good breeding ground for some of the youngsters, also would be lovely to win up there with a reserve team, that would certainly get up Mr Hansen's nose,!

arsenal reserves winning in the north west

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
Not sure whether anybody else has posted this, but i believe it is a very good insight into the attitude towards the Carling Cup, and also Arsène Wengers transfer policy towards the younger players.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 70,00.html

For me, that really explains the lure of the CC. It's such a great chance to see the most promising talents of the club for the first time (unless you get to go to Underhill). I really wish it was televised more.

The article also highlights the amazing achievement of our youth players. The fact that we are one of the most consistent sides in the competition (where many clubs field players from the first team squad) exemplifies not only the talent that is to be our future, but it is a testament to Arsène Wenger and his youth policy.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom