• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: West Bromwich Albion vs Arsenal | 24/10/06

jay-d

Established Member
Good performance for the lads, Aliadiare gave a good reminder of his talents, he was a constant threat all night. For me the standouts were:

Aliadiare - Well taken second and made penalty with great run made a few good runs as well and could have had a hattrick. MOM

Song - Solid, always breaking up play and even tried show boating a bit at the end.

Traore - The guy in front of me was creaming himself and was shouting " he's only 16" great pace, good touch one for the future for sure Clichy has a real fight on his hands.

Theo - Pace , Pace and more Pace, needs to demand the ball more but was a threat when he had it.

Denilson - a bit on the small side but showed some class touches and once he gets used to the pace and physicality, we could have a gem on our hands, I honestly thought he was taller, very similar in build and movement to Aliadiare before he bulked up.

Connoly - very good at defending.

Only performance I was really dissapointed in was Flamini, didn't impose himself enough and didn't look a quality above what was out there, considering his experience.

Original_AAA

rajkurupt said:
wats up with all the west ham smashing?????....like posts above..they helped us into europe?!..
+

Mostly because of the Arsenal bashing done by they're manager and they also have made life hard for us the latest years. So even much was forgiven when they kicked Spuds down a peg many of us are still upset over past incidents. Not to forget that they are one of our closest(geograficaly) London rivals.

rajkurupt

ahhhhhhhh fair enuf..yeah i sorta remember last year some comments made by their manager about our side not having any english players or something along those lines.

Original_AAA

rajkurupt said:
ahhhhhhhh fair enuf..yeah i sorta remember last year some comments made by their manager about our side not having any english players or something along those lines.

That's rigth. "destroying the English game" etc.

GunneDown

I have not seen the highlights yet. Really happy for Ali. I still think that Wenger believes in him and i'm sure he won't be sold. Hopefully he can work harder and step further up the striker's list. He is still regarded by many in the club as the best finisher.... So it will be interesting to see what happens.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

GunneDown said:
I have not seen the highlights yet. Really happy for Ali. I still think that Wenger believes in him and i'm sure he won't be sold. Hopefully he can work harder and step further up the striker's list. He is still regarded by many in the club as the best finisher.... So it will be interesting to see what happens.

Really mate ? where did you read that ? . I hope so , everytime I have seen him I have thought the guy looked pretty good.

Eezyprogress

Thought - Is it just me or is it everytime Ali goes down you are left holding your breathe thinking "oh no......... not again"?

raphael_as

Nice result against pretty decent opposition - I wouldn't be surprised to see WBA back in the premiership next season.

One thing I hope is that Wenger stays with the young guns for the entire competition this year - even for the final if they can get that far.

We'll see.

M+D

Established Member
I was at the game, and i thought that these in particular played well.

Senderos: Never missed a header, very commanding presence at the back.

Denilson: Struggled at the start, kept getting caught in posession, but gradually got into the game with some very smart touches and turns, rarely losing the ball.

Traore: Amazing pace and skill, looked at home on the left wing, despite being a left back. Should have scored.

Aliadiere: Held ball up well, two good goals

thasequel

Went up last night. Thought song looked good from start to finish, walcott was ok. Denilson impressed. Ali was breath taking, Clichy and traore caught the eye. Sendros and djourou were olid all match. Flamini work very hard. Very impressed though by the performance of denilson looks a good player.Ali looked stronger, held the ball up better and looked technically better and quicker.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
time to unleash aliadere on bigger stage. maybe a sub appearance in europe

algunner

I think if we get a tougher team next round may be AW will change the team a little stronger with Babtista in the team.

dublingunner

Established Member
dublingunner said:
I just spent a half an hour waiting on their ticket line only to be told that I should be able get away end tickets no problem at the Hawthorns tomorrow, no need to spend money in advance and be stuck in the middle of all the Baggies.

She better be right I'm going to drive up there from Cardiff!

Well of course she was wrong - got there and found out all the away end tickets were sold out. So ran back to the car, ditched the Arsenal jersey, ran back and bought a ticket in the same end as our lot. Don't now if this was necessarily a good idea though because all the Baggies were trying to outsing our fans, which was impossible. I have to say from someone in the position of one of the Baggie fans - well done the support for Arsenal was unbelievable.

Anyway I took a quick video to give a taste of what it was like for me - this big baldy guy in front of me especially, as soon as he heard the Arsenal fans singing, just had to stand up and start with "Albion, Albion Albion..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsrXaRA2WYQ

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom