• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: West Bromwich Albion vs Arsenal | 24/10/06

Jameel46

Established Member
algunner said:
I think if we get a tougher team next round may be AW will change the team a little stronger with Babtista in the team.

West Brom is a tough team to face in our first CC match, so i think we might get a lesser team like Chesterfield, hopefully we'll see Merida in that one

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Surely he is yet to show consistency...

The main reason I would like Ali to be given a go, is so that he can prove himself before Lupoli and Bendtner get back. The reason I say this is because, Ali give us something different up front that neither Ade/RVP/Titi provide, and that Nicky and (more likely) Lupoli may be able to provide. The area I see as our biggest weakness is a lack of a consistent goalscorer beyond Thierry, a clincal finisher (can Ali be that?) and someone who will be in the box, waiting for the ball, rather than hovering outside it. I'd like to imagine that Ali can fulfill all of these criteria, and so now would be as good a time as any to see whether he can.

Jameel46

Established Member
Don Pacifico said:

The main reason I would like Ali to be given a go, is so that he can prove himself before Lupoli and Bendtner get back. The reason I say this is because, Ali give us something different up front that neither Ade/RVP/Titi provide, and that Nicky and (more likely) Lupoli may be able to provide. The area I see as our biggest weakness is a lack of a consistent goalscorer beyond Thierry, a clinical finisher (can Ali be that?) and someone who will be in the box, waiting for the ball, rather than hovering outside it. I'd like to imagine that Ali can fulfill all of these criteria, and so now would be as good a time as any to see whether he can.

if you're looking for that sort of striker than Lupoli wins hands down, as he is better at that than any oher striker in the whole squad

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
Don Pacifico said:

The main reason I would like Ali to be given a go, is so that he can prove himself before Lupoli and Bendtner get back. The reason I say this is because, Ali give us something different up front that neither Ade/RVP/Titi provide, and that Nicky and (more likely) Lupoli may be able to provide. The area I see as our biggest weakness is a lack of a consistent goalscorer beyond Thierry, a clinical finisher (can Ali be that?) and someone who will be in the box, waiting for the ball, rather than hovering outside it. I'd like to imagine that Ali can fulfill all of these criteria, and so now would be as good a time as any to see whether he can.

if you're looking for that sort of striker than Lupoli wins hands down, as he is better at that than any oher striker in the whole squad

Thats what I was thinking, but I also think that Ali could be that player and what he has in his favour is he is bigger than Lupoli. I just think it will be easier for Ali to finally prove himself before the striking department becomes congested.

Jameel46

Established Member
Henry, VP, Ade, Walcott, Ali, Lupoli, Bendtner, Vela, Stokes,

this will be next season's strikers if no one leaves

Alfonso

Established Member
Aliadiere plays similarly to Anelka. I really hope Aliadiere has a future at Arsenal. I think he has the potential to do great for Arsenal.

He has the perfect opportunity in the next few games.

Allez Aliadiere!!

dublingunner

Established Member
Just watched the highlights and the Arsenal support sounds even more incredible. Even at the start of the match before we silenced the home fans. Great stuff.

oh, ****, Arsenal v Everton on Saturday and next week the return league...
of course there is only one outcome...

Bap the man neede here....
When is he due back? we need him in the midfield with denilson/song for the Carling

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
We once had trouble with Portvale? Does my memory serve me well?

Yeah beat them on pens a few years back.

Everton away is such a **** draw though.

Was hoping for a London away.

Allyboy

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Thommybhoy said:
We once had trouble with Portvale? Does my memory serve me well?

Yeah beat them on pens a few years back.

Everton away is such a s**t draw though.

Was hoping for a London away.

We do seem to get lumbered with a lot of away trips up north, we have had Bolton twice, Wigan, Doncaster, Sunderland, Sheff United (replay admittedly), Man Utd and Man City in both domestic cups in the last two seasons alone.

This would be a tough game for our first team, Wenger will have to beef the first eleven up a bit or we could get slaughtered!

RC8

Established Member
We have Everton away next round? That's a horrible game.

It is a difficult game, and we'll have to use some experience if we want to assure a victory. Hopefully Baptista and Ljungberg are back by then.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom