• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He'd be perfect. Their performance in the 1st leg of the CL SF last season was incredible, going away to Sp**s and completely dominating them. Reminded me a bit of the Fabregas days where this team would go away to Anfield and OT and just play them off the park.

He’s probably 1A choice for me with Wilder 1B. What’s worrying is how many clubs in Europe need a manager.

In the summer Real, Bayern, Utd and Sp**s could all be after one.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He’s probably 1A choice for me with Wilder 1B. What’s worrying is how many clubs in Europe need a manager.

He was asked about them yesterday, funnily enough:

Let's hope Kovac can do something this season and keep his job. I think United will go for Allegri, Sp**s won't be as attractive when half the squad needs replacing especially if Kane goes and all the rumours suggest Mourinho is in the frame to replace Zidane. The stars might align for the club but they have to pull the trigger and get him in this summer, otherwise they'll never get another chance. Another Klopp in 2014 type situation.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

Think football is being reinvented at the moment. The old dinosaurs are outdated and need to be replaced. There is not enough supply for all clubs.
Klipp owning the old school guys. He is playing with pep ATM. Tuchel, Ten Hag, nagelsmann etc. Are paint the way with great success and a new style of football.

Klopp was unknown basically Ten years ago. He kind of reinvented the game with more younger managers style being more in His mild than the dying generation.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He'd be perfect. Their performance in the 1st leg of the CL SF last season was incredible, going away to Sp**s and completely dominating them. Reminded me a bit of the Fabregas days where this team would go away to Anfield and OT and just play them off the park.

Our last league win at Old Trafford in 2006...people go on about quality young players now, but Cesc was such a different level completely...absolutely bossed United that day (and many other teams tbf)

When you think about it...a 17 year old kid came into a midfield that had 28 year olds Vieira and Gilberto in it, and didn't look out of place at all...that's mental!

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Peoples thoughts on Luis Enrique? Has that Barca connection with Raul.
I wanted him when Wenger left, but his wage demands priced him out of the Arsenal and Chelsea jobs. He would provide the kind of high press and attacking style that we hoped Emery would, only question is whether people think he's a top coach in reality or if the form of MSN carried him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He was asked about them yesterday, funnily enough:

Let's hope Kovac can do something this season and keep his job. I think United will go for Allegri, Sp**s won't be as attractive when half the squad needs replacing especially if Kane goes and all the rumours suggest Mourinho is in the frame to replace Zidane. The stars might align for the club but they have to pull the trigger and get him in this summer, otherwise they'll never get another chance. Another Klopp in 2014 type situation.

They’re struggling a bit in the Bundesliga this year so big thanks to Poch’s boys for giving Kovac a statement win in the CL :lol:

Need Tuchel to avoid bottling the last 16 this year and Zidane to win La Liga and go deep in the CL.

Then just let Mourinho and Poch swap places and go to Sp**s and Utd. Happy days. Even though we’re not in the CL we’ve got a big stake in it :lol:

ChefMan21

Isn't this essentially what Emery promised when he joined? What he says has not translated to what we see on the pitch.

A lot of other items you've mentioned are already in place at the club. It is not all in the managers hands or should I say coach as that's what Emery's main role is, to coach. Not be in charge of the youth setup or scouting etc. otherwise it is leaning back towards the Wenger setup which is what the club is moving away from.

Yes, people say a lot of things, unfortunately. Arteta was saying similar things too, from memory. Marketing yourself in a job interview, because you know what the fans want.

We need someone whose actions speak louder than words. I want a project manager, not necessarily a big club manager. Klopp, Simeone are the former in my views; it just so happens that their project has been realised and now their respective clubs are substantially bigger. Mourinho is in the latter category - a big club manager. Perhaps Arteta is an action-based project manager; perhaps he's all talk. Who knows...

In relation to your other point about some of those things already been in place, 1) it was largely a copy and paste, 2) I wanted to reiterate what I'm after, and 3) if some dumb managerial wannabe is reading this forum, hopefully they see that post and either walk away or apply. :p

jato

Yes, people say a lot of things, unfortunately. Arteta was saying similar things too, from memory. Marketing yourself in a job interview, because you know what the fans want.

In relation to your other point about some of those things already been in place, 1) it was largely a copy and paste, 2) I wanted to reiterate what I'm after, and 3) if some dumb managerial wannabe is reading this forum, hopefully they see that post and either walk away or apply. :p

I was about to say as well it's essentially what every club wants in a nutshell right? but you basically confirmed it :D

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
We could use Bergkamp as a lure to bring Ten Hag here.
Bergkamp for the youth team and providing fresh blood to Ten Hag. </dream>

Riou

We could use Bergkamp as a lure to bring Ten Hag here.
Bergkamp for the youth team and providing fresh blood to Ten Hag. </dream>

Doesn't Bergkamp hate him?
Or am I thinking of a different coach.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ten Hag would be top 3 in my list. My top 3/4 in no order would be Ten Hag, Nagelsmann, Arteta, Tuchel etc.

Think Emery is as good if not better than Ancelotti, Enrique, Low etc, so no point going there.

Riou

Ten Hag would be top 3 in my list. My top 3/4 in no order would be Ten Hag, Nagelsmann, Arteta, Tuchel etc.

Think Emery is as good if not better than Ancelotti, Enrique, Low etc, so no point going there.

Why Arteta but no Vieira?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom