• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

You think we can get Nagelsmann? :lol: We've got no chance getting him, absolutely none.
Yeah I think we can if we go about it the right way. Other people think we can get Simeone & Tuchel on here, why is Nagelsmann any different to those 2?

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
I would cry tears of joy if Pochettino came here. This is a guy who got Lucas ****ing Moura to score a CL semi-final hat trick. I reckon it would be bigger than Sol's move.

Malky

Established Member
Yeah I think we can if we go about it the right way. Other people think we can get Simeone & Tuchel on here, why is Nagelsmann any different to those 2?
Nagelsmann is completely diffrent to both Simeone and Tuchel. Simeone, come the end of the season could see him leave Atletico, possibly thinking he's taken them as far as he can and seeking a new challenge (most likely in Italy) and Tuchel could well be sacked by PSG is they fail to win the Champions League or if another manager becomes available that they view as better. Nagelsmann is only 32, just taken the job at Leipzig, has an exciting squad that is already challenging for the Bundesliga and will likely see it as a long term project, plus Leipzig ain't short on cash. How do we sell the job to someone like Nagelsmann? He'll be in line for the elite clubs in the next couple of years. Some might be looking at him already.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
After the way Wenger and Klopp spoke about each other, and the mutual respect they shown, I genuinely believed that Klopp would succeed Wenger here. The man just seemed like a perfect fit for us at the time. :(

I think Liverpool was always Klopp's No. 1 target in the PL with that Anfield/Kop and Dortmund/Südtribüne likeness. He's spoken about that, too. Arsenal probably his No. 2, though.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Nagelsmann is completely diffrent to both Simeone and Tuchel. Simeone, come the end of the season could see him leave Atletico, possibly thinking he's taken them as far as he can and seeking a new challenge (most likely in Italy) and Tuchel could well be sacked by PSG is they fail to win the Champions League or if another manager becomes available that they view as better. Nagelsmann is only 32, just taken the job at Leipzig, has an exciting squad that is already challenging for the Bundesliga and will likely see it as a long term project, plus Leipzig ain't short on cash. How do we sell the job to someone like Nagelsmann? He'll be in line for the elite clubs in the next couple of years. Some might be looking at him already.
Ok fair enough, may be right but you should never say never.

Toby

Tuchel is a shout too. Think we have to just keep throwing **** at the wall until something sticks. Basically what Liverpool did, a club of similar stature (financially anyway) and look at them now.

Tuchel will not become available during the season. PSG, for what their image is, have actually always stuck to their managers for the whole season since the Qataris took over. And even then he's still on the list of bigger clubs like Bayern. Also actually thinking Tuchel could be there longterm if he doesn't fall out with the hierarchy, he's someone who has the ability to permeate a club like Klopp, Guardiola, van Gaal - maybe he actually manages to change their mentality a bit and get them on track to become more efficient in the CL.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'd probably prefer Arteta, Allegri (I forgot to mention before sorry), Nuno Santos or Poch/Rogers, either of those 2.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Tuchel is a shout too. Think we have to just keep throwing **** at the wall until something sticks. Basically what Liverpool did, a club of similar stature (financially anyway) and look at them now.

Liverpool are also a well run club, something we're obviously not.

Also, imagine if Levy manages to sell the Sp**s to someone with ambition... dark times.

mma

Also, imagine if Levy manages to sell the Sp**s to someone with ambition... dark times.
Liverpool were a joke before they found the right manager. Edwards was insulted at every step, but after Klopp came he became this amazing DoF.

Right manager can fix/mask so many deficiencies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Liverpool were a joke before they found the right manager. Edwards was insulted at every step, but after Klopp came he became this amazing DoF.

Right manager can fix/mask so many deficiencies.
The reason they got the right manager was that they were proactive in firing and hiring a new manager when they saw signs of things going bad. That's how a well run club works.

Toby

I hope I'm wrong, I'd absolutely love Nagelsmann here! Think we missed the boat with him though, should of got him before he went to Leipzig.

Yep, pretty sure that boat has sailed. It's Leipzig for a few seasons, he also just recently said he didn't have a release clause as Leipzig didn't want that and he and his agent were okay with it, and then most likely Bayern if he does as expected with RBL. So, maybe in 10 years he'll be on the market again - if he doesn't completely tank it at RBL.

And there's no way Arsenal could lure him with something like more money or the PL - the man's a professed and open about it Bavarian Bayern München fan who's said his dream job was the Bayern one.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yep, pretty sure that boat has sailed. It's Leipzig for a few seasons, he also just recently said he didn't have a release clause as Leipzig didn't want that and he and his agent were okay with it, and then most likely Bayern if he does as expected with RBL. So, maybe in 10 years he'll be on the market again - if he doesn't completely tank it at RBL.

And there's no way Arsenal could lure him with something like more money or the PL - the man's a professed and open about it Bavarian Bayern München fan who's said his dream job was the Bayern one.

Is it still Ten Hag for them this summer?

Toby

Yeah, think this gets forgotten too often. Fenway have experience in running a sports club/franchise and they actually seem to have a hands on approach, something completely different to Arsenal's owners. And even then they kind of worked their way towards Liverpool running well again - they tried that ridiculous transfer commitee, before installing Edwards as proper DoF and bringing in a new CEO, too. They went through two dinosaur coaches before Rodgers and ultimately Klopp. New Head of the Academy, too. Who can kind of see how from 2010 on they professionalized the whole hierarchy, even before Klopp, although you have to admit he's definitely a huge influence on their structural background work.

Toby

Is it still Ten Hag for them this summer?

Yeah, that's still my guess: Hansi Flick will do it for the rest of the season, then step down to assistant again and will down the line become their next Hermann Gerland - longtime legendary assistant for every recent manager and jack of all trades, working with Bayern II, the youth academy and the management. Then from July on it'll be Ten Hag. Still pretty sure about this. The Ten Hag - Bayern connection is just too strong and Bayern have said again and again that after Ancelotti they are wary about non-German speakers as coach and that they want to return to distinct, offensive possession football and while Potch is a good manager, he doesn't speak German and he's rather more pragmatic than a straightout possession guru.

I guess they would've gone for Potch if Flick didn't work out, but Kovac's firing has freed up the squad enqough and Flick is well liked and diplomatic and tactically astute enough to get them through the season, so they can focus on Ten Hag in the summer.

morpho

Established Member

Oh my... I never thought Id see the words well run club and swimmingpool in the same sentance. Overpaid every single player until recently. Remember Carol?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, that's still my guess: Hansi Flick will do it for the rest of the season, then step down to assistant again and will down the line become their next Hermann Gerland - longtime legendary assistant for every recent manager and jack of all trades, working with Bayern II, the youth academy and the management. Then from July on it'll be Ten Hag. Still pretty sure about this. The Ten Hag - Bayern connection is just too strong and Bayern have said again and again that after Ancelotti they are wary about non-German speakers as coach and that they want to return to distinct, offensive possession football and while Potch is a good manager, he doesn't speak German and he's rather more pragmatic than a straightout possession guru.

I guess they would've gone for Potch if Flick didn't work out, but Kovac's firing has freed up the squad enqough and Flick is well liked and diplomatic and tactically astute enough to get them through the season, so they can focus on Ten Hag in the summer.

Interesting then, makes me wonder where Pochettino goes.

Tuchel and Zidane despite popular opinion are doing very well this year, and Poch has ruled out Barca before.

I think if we give Freddie until the summer there might be an interesting option or two available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom