• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I think if we give Freddie until the summer there might be an interesting option or two available.

Thought it was clear by now this wasn't an option as he's lacking the right license? Could only do it for 3 months, iirc. You'd probably have to install Bould or someone and Freddie as his assistant who actually runs things in the background. Kind of like Germany did back then with Beckenbauer.

Interesting then, makes me wonder where Pochettino goes.

United will open up at some point. And I guess it'll be about a compensation to Sp**s, but United do have the money to pay. Juve are winning but things aren't as smooth for Sarri as they could be.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Oh my... I never thought Id see the words well run club and swimmingpool in the same sentance. Overpaid every single player until recently. Remember Carol?

So if Arsenal starts being well run in the comming seasons it erases years of Gazidis and now Raul blunders?

Liverpool got two back to back UCL finals and two back to back fights for the premier league.

Their keeper lost them a final and guess what they did? Went for the best keeper they could buy and won it the very next year. They went for a CB that could solidify them. They went after Fabinho. They showed ambition.

As @Toby Andrl mentioned, Klopp does have influence, but they were starting to professionalize a bit before it and it culminated in their recent success.

Meanwhile, we're begining to think about maybe starting to perhaps draw a list of replacements for mid-table Unai.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Liverpool for a long time handicapped themselves with poor signings and poor management choices. This wasn’t going to continue. Would argue it’s taken them the best part of 20 years to finally reach this level.

The willingness to spend has always been there, but that’s now been helped by great sales and recruitment, with a great manager doing the rest.

Their first golden period in the Premier League. After Klopp leaves though I think this cycle ends.

Last edited:

jus2nang

People should stop naming poch Simeone Nagelsmann and Rodgers they won't join
Rodgers might.

I didn't realise Simeone was the highest paid manager in the world so he's a definite no no.

But Rodgers is obtainable. As well as Leicester are doing, the chance for another big club would be tempting.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool were a mess for years while Ian Ayre was in charge. They've only really been well run since he left in 2016.

Actually I’d say once the ownership came in things were always going to improve.

FSG may have hired some bums like Comolli but they were trying new things constantly, like an analytics based approach in the early 2010s.

They may have struggled until about 2014 but as owners they were desperate to succeed and wanted to win. They weren’t afraid of firing managers or directors if it was clear they weren’t going places.

Once they got that right combination in the front office, the top manager in Kloppo was always going to follow.

They’re night and day from our ownership, they’ve shown ambition and a willigness to succeed.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Finally someone who doesn't have the memory span of a goldfish. Liverpool were a joke.
Argue they’ve been lucky even, or atleast all the stars aligned - for example, Barcelona signing Coutinho for that crazy fee which in turn allowed Klopp to do his magic.

Would say until recent years, Liverpool have been one of the more worse runs clubs in the PL.

GDeep™

League is very weak
One thing I’ll say, whoever has owned or made decisions, Liverpool have always spent to try and compete.

Balboa

Are people complaining about Nuno still under some illusion that Arsenal are an elite club rather than Europa League level?

Be careful what you wish for. A glamour manager isn't necessarily what you need. You could find yourselves in Marco Silva/AVB/Solskjaer type manager territory.

Get Eddie Howe in, lose the illusions of grandeur. Give him time and grind it out and hope he has the coaching, tactics, hard work, fluency in English and potential to progress to build sustainably and take you up to the Champions League.

The man is qualified to manage Arsenal and improve them right now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Argue they’ve been lucky even, or atleast all the stars aligned - for example, Barcelona signing Coutinho for that crazy fee which in turn allowed Klopp to do his magic.

Would say until recent years, Liverpool have been one of the more worse runs clubs in the PL.

They’ve been smart though buying young players like Coutinho and Sturridge on low fees.

It’s a win win situation as if they flop you haven’t wasted much money.

All while we were out buying late 20’s journeymen like Lucas Perez and Mkhitaryan.

pacstud

They certainly couldn't do any worse.
giphy.gif

Toby

Liverpool were a mess for years while Ian Ayre was in charge. They've only really been well run since he left in 2016.

Interestingly enough Ayre was part of the exec and coaching group brought in by investor Ismaik to 1860 Munich a few years ago with the aim to push back into 1. Bundesliga, but who botched that whole thing resulting in 1860 not only being relegated to 3rd Bundesliga via the table but also to a 4th regional league as they were lacking about 10m to get the license for the 3rd league.

Reactions: A_G

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tuchel will not become available during the season. PSG, for what their image is, have actually always stuck to their managers for the whole season since the Qataris took over. And even then he's still on the list of bigger clubs like Bayern. Also actually thinking Tuchel could be there longterm if he doesn't fall out with the hierarchy, he's someone who has the ability to permeate a club like Klopp, Guardiola, van Gaal - maybe he actually manages to change their mentality a bit and get them on track to become more efficient in the CL.
Yeah I forgot to mention that I believe we'll go interim and then try get someone in summer. Poch is the only exception as he's unemployed.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The reason they got the right manager was that they were proactive in firing and hiring a new manager when they saw signs of things going bad. That's how a well run club works.
You look at their signings before Klopp and I'm not sure you'd call them a well run club.

Toby

Kind of the point. They got better when they got rid of Ayre and the transfer commitee, got Klopp, installed Edwards as DoF and a new CEO. They are better run since then. It took them some while but I think you can see a sort of trajectory from 2010 to 2015/16 on, e.g. just by looking at their choice of managers (from Hodgson/Dalglish to Rodgers/Klopp) and their willingness to shake things up, e.g. letting go of Comolli quickly again, the (failed) commitee experiment, etc.

I thought Arsenal looked well on the beginning of such a way right after Wenger, but I just got that feeling the board/owners halfassed stuff again and now the club is stuck with a power greedy Sanllehi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom