• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez: Is he back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Thought he looked a little sluggish while running.

Is he generally not the fast or down to match fitness?

At least we have suitable competition/replacement for Walcott.
Yh I wouldn't call him fast tbh. Quick enough to get in behind with well timed runs but not fast.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We've been here before, Lucas isn't fast but he has good enough pace not to handicap us, he has good timing and awesome workrate and strenght. I feel like its a good combination and something different from what we had.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Put him in the first team and he'll score or assist. We need more productivity from our wide players so I'd start him from now on. Happier with him out wide than up front which I still think he was originally bought for.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

We've been here before, Lucas isn't fast but he has good enough pace not to handicap us, he has good timing and awesome workrate and strenght. I feel like its a good combination and something different from what we had.
Rather someone with half the pace of Theo who can actually do winger stuff. No problems with Lucas' speed.

We have pace in abundance. Theo, Welbeck, Bellerin and Ox are easily in the top 10 fastest players in the league. :lol:

Along with Sterling, Mane, Valencia, Traore and maybe Hazard.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Rather someone with half the pace of Theo who can actually do winger stuff. No problems with Lucas' speed.

We have pace in abundance. Theo, Welbeck, Bellerin and Ox are easily in the top 10 fastest players in the league. :lol:

Did you see Theo yesterday? He felt Lucas' cold breath in his neck. I swear, when he came on, I saw so much urgency in his play. Blistering pace, and even a dribble or two. This squad depth thing looks to be working!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Did you see Theo yesterday? He felt Lucas' cold breath in his neck. I swear, when he came on, I saw so much urgency in his play. Blistering pace, and even a dribble or two. This squad depth thing looks to be working!
:lol:

Was the first time I'd seen him dribble in years.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

Depends on the distance being travelled. if you want someone quick off the mark in a danger situation Alexis or Aguero are super quick.

Kyle Walker, Jamie Vardy, Anthony martial and Marcus Rashford are also very quick.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He's been excellent so far. Walcott being "out of form" suddenly makes a case for Lucas to start ahead of him.

Ox(iwobi/walcott) - Sanchez - Lucas Is quite a good front 3. All can score but more importantly all are quite good at passing.

Taxi Driver

He should start today, that should give him some confidence and make Theo more motivated to claim the starting spot again. Either way, we benefit.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Perez really should start after a hatrick. Ox or Theo on the opposite side.

Lucas will definitely start this game or the Everton game. I don't think he has the fitness yet to start both, but it makes sense in general for Wenger to put out two very different starting line ups in those 2 games.

I'd prefer it if Lucas starts the Stoke game, then he can recover fully for Man City and it could be a close call between all 4 wide options for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom