• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez: Is he back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Lucas isn't starting for the same reason Xhaka hasn't started for so long and is actually still not 100% ready. These away games are messy, the pace is insane, and it takes time to get used too. At times Xhaka looked like Bambi on ice out there. They need time and patience.

Also he was injured so it will take a bit longer.

blaze_of_glory

Deserves a start, hope gets one against City.

Giroud likely to start as well I think, likes to score against them.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lucas isn't starting for the same reason Xhaka hasn't started for so long and is actually still not 100% ready. These away games are messy, the pace is insane, and it takes time to get used too. At times Xhaka looked like Bambi on ice out there. They need time and patience.

Also he was injured so it will take a bit longer.

This.

There was a moment at the end where an Everton player just breezed past him.

crazyman

Impressed by his contribution in such a short amount of time today. He put three good balls into the box and could have had two assists if Giroud and Sanchez were a little bit more on the ball. Good vision, direct, composed.

Needs to start over fancy Dan over-complicater Iwobi.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The striker up front & Alexis wide could be good for Lucas in time.

Outwide he is bang average & lacking the cardio to trackback effectively. Sucking in air after 10 minutes. I want to see him central or on the bench.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Created at least two clear chances that should have been taken.

Defensively his a bit lacking, probably why we haven't seen much of him as a late sub. But if he can create those sort of chances and continue to score who cares.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Made some good runs at times today, helped protect Hector, but kind of went missing as the game progressed.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Showed like a player who hasn't played for a long time. Biggest contribution was winning the ball for the first goal.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Good runs but needs to improve his fitness as he dropped off a bit. I thought he was better defensively in many ways. A real team player who needs minutes at this moment in time.

OSBK

Established Member
Typical spainard, needs a season to adjust.

Think there is a very good squad player there

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't really rate him. Early days regardless.

USArsenalFan716

I really like him. He generally makes smart decisions with the ball and his runs are well timed. More game time and he will be a player for sure

He seemed to tire a bit towards the end but still put in a really good shift and tracked back well defensively on the wing.

He definitely seems to be a very valuable player to have

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Did a good job winning the ball that eventually led to Giroud's goal. His one-footedness is clearly visible. Played some good passes and ran into some nice positions in the first half. Looked exhausted in the second half. We should give more opportunities to him.
Saw a couple of occasions when Sanchez had chances to play him through but chose to take a shot or pass to other players. Looks like Sanchez's love is only for Özil ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom