• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
It all depends on the loan fee, if it really is a loan without obligation.

We'd need them to pay all the wages & also give us 1 year of worth from his contract.
I don’t understand our willingness to do this. This is such a terrible move as it may effect the Partey and Aouar deals in a financial perspective

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don’t understand our willingness to do this. This is such a terrible move as it may effect the Partey and Aouar deals in a financial perspective

Yes it will effect those deals. We get wages out & some money likely. And a non-HG player out.

Hard to sell him when there are no buy offers, eh? And he wants Atletico only.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Still in negotiations with Arsenal. No agreement with Marc Roca

Basically, Torreira is their cheap option, which makes sense.

Criminally underrated at evading the press ( probably best cm at after Paredes)

Have you watched Kroos, Thiago, or Kovacic against a press? Torreira is not in that category. He's decent at it though, yeah. Problem is he can only retain, in terms of passing it forward and progression he's pretty useless.

People are not underrating Torreira now. What happened was that he was seriously overrated at the beginning of Emeryball. Like much of the team, and the manager itself, who were getting results way above their actual level.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This is the problem I feel :(

Cant deny the sources to be fair, its just no source is actually that good these days. Still a shot in the dark to whether or not clubs can agree on a deal.

The base information is probably correct but doing the deal and getting it done is a different matter. You feel this is the last proper chance for Torreira to go though and we should take a loan with option to buy if offered.

daron christie

Thinking about it am confident about us getting both of our targets ....here’s why = we signed Gabby in the mist of many suitors trying to muscle in ....both our targets have hardly any strong competition via for these services

this is why am confident

Finesse

Well. It’s not Vinai or Edu who decides on a loan or straight buy option. It is the interested club that decides the option. I am sure Vinai would get him on a jet early tomorrow if he could impose a cash plus player sale for Partey. We did that already with Guendouzi early on this window. It was rebuffed. Why would we imagine Vinai and co will not try with the new interest in Lucas.

None of us is privy to negotiations but it will be silly to think Arsenal will not try to include Partey in the Lucas deal. Atletico do not want to buy Lucas as things stand. They are happy with a loan option. Based on their finances. Whether or not we prefer a cash sale is not their concern. Besides we are the desperate party in this deal. Similar to Dani Ceballos. We went for a loan option and Madrid could not force us to buy. We went as far as demanding they pay some of his wages. At Madrid he was surplus to requirements and it played in our favor. We got our man.

Atletico are not interested in selling Partey. That is why they keep referring us to their release clause. Why would they include him in a Lucas loan deal?

Arsenal at the moment over estimated the amount we could make from player sales. We are in a very tight corner. No one seems to want to offer any considerable fee for our players on the market. Instead we are getting offers for players we want to keep. Niles , Emi ( sold ) and Hector. Very crucial days ahead. If we had a plan B, it should be activated pretty soon.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Criminally underrated at evading the press ( probably best cm at after Paredes) and forcing opposition to foul him.
Evading the press in what way? Drawing fouls? If thats the case then yes but in terms of his ball control, composure under pressure and dribbling ability he is average.

Him winning fouls slows down the game, I don't its what someone like Arteta wants. I feel like its a ****house style better suited to the likes of Uraguay and Athletico as it breaks up play and disrupts the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom