• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man of the Match: Manchester City (H)

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
What a win. Gabriel and Saliba were both unbelievably great. Rice had an amazing game as well. But I'll go with Martineli. He is our wonder boy. So glad to have him back in the team.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Saliba for me, bossed it together with Gabriel. Rice very good defensively as well, but he really doesn't have the ability to play through the lines. Want him as 8 every game from now on

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
The subs changed the game. But Rice held it together for the full 90. Saliba/Gabriel on the shortlist for keeping Alvarez and Haaland quiet.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Don’t actually know who to vote for you know 😂

I’m gonna go Martinelli. Absolutely changed the game with his willingness to make runs into spaces. He is the ONLY player in our squad that doesn’t just want the ball to feet and makes things happen with constant runs into spaces.

Closely followed by Rice. He is just a fkn specimen. Ashamed I wasn’t sure on him before. Played a nice through ball into Nelli and a couple of good runs - he has this in his locker he’s just a safe player and I’m all for it. I feel sad for his haters honestly. Like you’ve made your bed and refuse to get out of it even though at this point you’ve basically wet it and soiled it.

Ødegaard, Gabi and Saliba also had good games.

Zinchenko oddly had a good game defensively but fairly average in possession. Jesus was ok, better out of possession than in.

Finally, Eddie was pretty poor. Wasn’t a fan of his movement and he really has just forgotten how to take a first touch or sth. Havertz with his height and touch showed he’s a more effective forward than Eddie but also that he really really shouldn’t be played as a left 8…

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I remember Bergkamp and Edu getting joint player if the month once, Saliba and Gabriel deserve the same today with the man of the match.

Brilliant they were.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
It’s interesting so many people giving it to Saliba / Gabriel. Defensively I thought Rice did more, he was basically why they didn’t have that much to do considering the threat City otherwise carry.

Bloodbather

Established Member

It's Rice for me. Absolute stalwart defensively. So many incredible tackles.

Saliba after him for the same reason. Thought Gabriel and White were very solid also.

Jasinho

Chose Rice but both he and Saliba were immense today. Ditto for Martinelli when he came on, brings a directness to our attack that none else has.

Legend14

Established Member
Many players played well today in such a tough match.

Ødegaard worked hard to make plays in a match that he was targeted. Sign of a good captain.

Jesus was involved everywhere, so I have him 2nd best.

Our CBs are world class.

Declan Rice was the MOTM. Driving the ball forward and making fantastic tackles and clogging the midfield. Big time player. He gives us grit.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I remember Bergkamp and Edu getting joint player if the month once, Saliba and Gabriel deserve the same today with the man of the match.

Brilliant they were.

Don't let @A_G see this.

That woke individual will be wanting to give all 11 players the MOTM every match so no-one's feeling are hurt!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Thought most of the players were gash for the most part which includes City.

I’d say one of the cbs or one of the subs get MOTM, Jesus was ok too. Defensively sound but I found most of our starters disappointing and nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom