• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man of the Match: Manchester City (H)

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Rice was a monster, he gets my vote. Every game I watch Saliba just confirms why everything fell apart when he was injured last season.

A lot of people saying both sides were poor. Yeah, it wasn’t the best quality game but I thought both teams defended really well actually. Ode was pressing like a mad man, sometimes it felt he was pressing by himself!

Tom Mix

I gave it to Saliba because he is Haaland's kryptonite and that gets to a team. He and Gabriel make each other better players. I could have given it to Rice who was immense again, already the best midfield signing since Gilberto Silva (admittedly he was a steal) but we may have to look further back to find comparisons.

Martinelli was instrumental, disappointed we didn't find him more but when he was on the ball they trembled.

Well done to Arteta who ignored the cowards, the airheads and the frustrated (my category) to deliver a stunning blow with his substitutions.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Saliba for me. Look at the stats. Even just the optics. He neutered Haaland. About as unplayable as a CB can look.

Melquiades

Rice was a monster, he gets my vote. Every game I watch Saliba just confirms why everything fell apart when he was injured last season.

A lot of people saying both sides were poor. Yeah, it wasn’t the best quality game but I thought both teams defended really well actually. Ode was pressing like a mad man, sometimes it felt he was pressing by himself!

Yeah, it was a game between two of the best defensive teams in the world and two great defences won out over the respective offences.

It wasn’t a slow, badly played game, it was a well-played crazy-pressing chess match with zero space for skill players to try and work.

Not great viewing for a neutral but tactically fascinating.

Wagwaan

Yeah, it was a game between two of the best defensive teams in the world and two great defences won out over the respective offences.

It wasn’t a slow, badly played game, it was a well-played crazy-pressing chess match with zero space for skill players to try and work.

Not great viewing for a neutral but tactically fascinating.

Completely agree, it wasn't an action packed Edge of your seat sort of game, but for the boring old farts that enjoy the strategical side of the game, it's was an immense spectacle of two very intelligent teams.

My Man of the Match would be Rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom