• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Winning in France with PSG isn't really all that. Arteta won an FA Cup with a **** team as well.

yeah, but looking at things now Arteta fluked it. It's a bit different stealing a cup or league title from Bayern in the Bundesliga. Tuchel's been working good stuff since I guess 20 years

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
That said, I think the biggest move we can make is getting Ralf Rangnick. We need someone who can organize the club from all aspects first.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
yeah, but looking at things now Arteta fluked it. It's a bit different stealing a cup or league title from Bayern in the Bundesliga. Tuchel's been working good stuff since I guess 20 years
Yeah, he's shown more aptitude compared to Arteta for sure but I really don't rate him as much. But like I said, Rangnick either as a manager or some organizational role should be the first priority imo.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Give Brendan what he wants ffs. He'll probably bring mad Madderz with him as well. Package ting.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Give Brendan what he wants ffs. He'll probably bring mad Madderz with him as well. Package ting.
As good as Brendan is now, let's not forget he was considered a joke once upon a time. He even made this ridiculous statement after losing 2-0 away to Sunderland in 2012:
“It is great for the public here at Sunderland to see us. They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they have seen. We were wonderful."
Maybe Arteta will follow a similar career trajectory and become better than anyone anticipates.

As good as Brendan is now, let's not forget he was considered a joke once upon a time. He even made this ridiculous statement after losing 2-0 away to Sunderland in 2012:

Maybe Arteta will follow a similar career trajectory and become better than anyone anticipates.

Brendan has come a long way since 2012. I think he has improved massively as a manager. I think he is ready for another attempt on a top club!

Given that we still consider us as a top club he should at very least be on the top3 candidate list if we decide to part ways with Arteta in near future.

Reactions: A_G

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

Arteta seems to be considered to be a Mourinho and Guardiola hybrid going by how he's been treated ever since we first got the hint of him becoming a manager though.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Rodgers has always gotten the most out of his main striker wherever he’s gone tbh.
I like the way he uses his 33 year old Vardy. Less responsibilities, just focuses on offensive duties. Vardy is riddled with chronic injuries and a lot goes into getting him onto the pitch but you wouldn’t know it.
https://theathletic.com/news/jamie-vardy-injury-latest-leicester/Rk3EcmjuRxIa
Jamie Vardy will be out for “a few weeks” as he undergoes hernia surgery, Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers confirmed on Friday.

Rodgers said the 34-year-old striker has been managing the injury for a while but “can no longer put off” surgery, in a blow for the Premier League title contenders..
Macho knows man.

I'm very pro Rodgers, but that ship has sailed unfortunately.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah maybe but Rodgers got sacked and learned from it. What happens here?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rodgers is a young manager, people learn, develop and improve. If anything, his previous experiences just make him more stronger as he seems to have learned from them.

He’s done everything and been through a lot - coached as a young man at Chelsea, great at Swansea, flopped at Liverpool and started acting dodgy, went to Celtic and fixed up, managed in the CL etc. Nothing will phase him now.

I’m sure Chelsea will give him a chance at some time. Maybe even City.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Carragher made a good point, guy like Klopp, Wenger etc managed outside the “elite” for a while before getting their chance. This allows you to develop and find yourself.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom