• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City v Arsenal - Saturday February 2, 12.45pm

RC8

Established Member
citeharsenalcopykx7.png

This is a tricky game. We will need to play to our absolute best if we want to win this game... unless we do an "Everton" that is.

Last year we couldn't manage to break them down, and they scored a goal on the counter after Hoyte was found out of position. We showed we could beat them convincingly later on in the season, as we destroyed them 3-1 at Ashburton Grove with Fabregas scoring one of the few goals he managed to bang in last season.

We took City's unbeaten record earlier this campaign when they visited us at The New Home of Football. It was a cagey affair, but we came out on top after Cesc once again came to the rescue. We had missed a penalty in that game, and it was a tremendous morale boost to win even after van Persie had failed to score from the spot. It was arguably that victory that got our team in the mood to mount a title challenge.

This week, ManCity have the chance to put a halt to the progress of that very challenge. If results don't go our way, we could find ourselves 3 points behind unless we manage to salvage a draw, which would put us 2 points behind, or a win, which would keep us joint up top, or even give us the lead if ManUtd screw up.

Manchester City will have a point to prove after going out of the FA Cup to Sheffield United. But fortunately for us they are having trouble fielding 2 competent strikers at once.

This game could turn out to be a cracker or a major disappointment, but no one can deny it's importance. We can do this.

Also, special mention to some ManCity fans who said we were "the worst fans in the premiership". I will be waiting for a great display from the fans... otherwise they'll be hearing back from me.

citehlineupfq2.png

Mostarac

Established Member
Will be a very difficult match to win, but our team is quickly regaining valuable confidence since that loss to Tottenham and I believe that we will take points with us back to London. When you look at how well Manchester City have played at home this season, even a draw would not be too bad.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Tough game- even though I don't think Man City are as good as we think.

I've watched them play a few times lately and they were quite poor actually. But since it's away, it's still going to be tough.

scruzgooner

they were poor against sheffield united. some nice passing, but little in the final third. and their defense, while solid (i like dunne a lot) kept making mistakes that let sheffield knock often at the door.

do that against us, and we could be looking at another nice goal differential.

True Gooner

Established Member
Their defence is solid...thats about it.
I bet that Petrov will be in Sagnas pocket and Elano will be in Flaminis pocket.

So we have to get a goal or else I fear a draw..Man City are exteremly defensive, so we will have to knock on the door alot and be patient..

beanz

All our remaining games are important as I can't see the Mancs dropping too many points & even ChelskiI are breathing down our necks, anyone betting on Reading to end their unbeaten home run?
It'll be nice if Tommy RoSICKY comes back in, I think at the moment he offers a bit more than Abu out wide.
I'm furiously rubbing my lucky rabbits foot (which just happens to be in my pocket) :p

stuart

Established Member
Every game seems like a big big test. This is no different. Im confident we will win this one, but we need to be careful

I'd stick with the same line up

Original_AAA

The City fans have no hope what so ever of getting a point or three from us it seems when I surf the different forums.

This is a tricky one, but City is really out of shape at the moment so we should be able to take all three points if we play as we did against Newcastle at times.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Although I agree that this could be a difficult game, i dont see many reasons why we shouldnt be walking away with the 3 points from this. City arent playing as well recently and could be ours for the taking.

Christofaux

beanz said:
I'm furiously rubbing my lucky rabbits foot (which just happens to be in my pocket) :p

Yeah thats what im rubbing in my pocket as well.... my lucky err rabbits foot.

With Senderos at the back statistics show we wont get scored against ;)

And those same statistics show that with Adebayor up front we are going to score a goal... So we will win at least 1-0 ;)

sparky44

They are finding it hard scoring at the moment, that is fine. They will shut-up shop like they did against liverpool. Chelsea tore them apart at their place and they was in good form going into that game. As long as adebayor carries on his recent form and with the fact that we need the win to keep the pressure on united, I am confident of that we will be getting three points from eastlands. Would be nice seeing a big wankfest on MOTD later that night, but then we would just be spoilt!

sparky44

Christofaux said:
beanz said:

Yeah thats what im rubbing in my pocket as well.... my lucky err rabbits foot.

With Senderos at the back statistics show we wont get scored against ;)

And those same statistics show that with Adebayor up front we are going to score a goal... So we will win at least 1-0 ;)

Like those odds 8))

famous no 10

Established Member
They have a good home record but they're off form, and in fact look pretty average right now.

I think we'll win this, and if we play as well as we did in the week, we'll win comfortably.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

More confident over this than I was against Newcastle round 2 funny enough. Didn't think we would batter them twice like that.
Man City don't look too hot at the moment, so quite fancy us beating them actually.

scruzgooner

well, they'll be coming of a 1-1 draw with derby...god knows where their confidence will be. coming home has to help them, but drawing to derby? sheesh.

Christofaux

Personally t wouldnt bother me if Manure took all 3 points from this. I have no respect for Sp**s... none at all. I used to respect them as the rival that they are. But after their 'small club' shenanigans i hope they get pumped. I bet my mate middlesborough will beat them in the league this year... mind you that was when Sp**s had just got out of relegation.

Anyhoo everyone knows that when a team has a poor result on a low team they come back stronger the next game. I expect it iwll take top form to win this.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
0-7 hammering.

Sagna with a hat trick, Clichy scores 2, and Hleb scores two headed goals. Diaby has a shocker, Ade beats up Eduardo

3 POINTS!!!

Christofaux

MDGoonah41 said:
0-7 hammering.

Sagna with a hat trick, Clichy scores 2, and Hleb scores two headed goals. Diaby has a shocker, Ade beats up Eduardo

3 POINTS!!!

that does sound all in a days work ;) Except diaby will have a blinder passing to set up all goals and Bendtner beats up Ade.

Mostarac

Established Member
Christofaux said:
I used to respect them as the rival that they are.

How could you even have respected our biggest enemy? I myself could never have respected Tottenham in any way.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom