• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City v Arsenal - Saturday February 2, 12.45pm

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Christofaux said:
Personally t wouldnt bother me if Manure took all 3 points from this. I have no respect for Sp**s... none at all. I used to respect them as the rival that they are. But after their 'small club' shenanigans i hope they get pumped. I bet my mate middlesborough will beat them in the league this year... mind you that was when Sp**s had just got out of relegation.

Anyhoo everyone knows that when a team has a poor result on a low team they come back stronger the next game. I expect it iwll take top form to win this.
I'm going to be hoping Sp**s can get something out of this game. Anything but Manchester winning would be good.

Remember that our tittle rival is Manchester, not Tottenham.

scruzgooner

Christofaux said:
Anyhoo everyone knows that when a team has a poor result on a low team they come back stronger the next game. I expect it iwll take top form to win this.
you'da thought that after they lost to the blades in the cup, eh? let's make it three straight crap games for them, this last against a quality opponent :)

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
a win.

a clean sheet.

entertaining performance.

no injuries.

no yellow and red cards.

back on top.

man utd to at least get a draw.

that is all i'm asking for.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
MDGoonah41 said:
0-7 hammering.

Sagna with a hat trick, Clichy scores 2, and Hleb scores two headed goals. Diaby has a shocker, Ade beats up Eduardo

3 POINTS!!!

you've dethroned me!

JazzG

Established Member
Need to send another strong message out in this match, we have had two easy games against the Toon but this is a much harder test for us. The players need to raise their game and make sure they put in a good performance as well because we have a tricky month coming and up and need to build up some steam.

After what happened against Sp**s I demand another top performance to erase that horrible memory from my mind :(

number_0

Established Member
haha a team off form at home, we all deeply know how this is going to turn out........
city have a solid defence, and as long as we dont conceed first we can win win here.

and i doubt the spuds will take away anything from manure, their record against the top 4 is shocking. spuds back 4 + manure front 4 = ramos slaughter

Zico

Established Member
Goal difference, goal difference, goal difference. The Mancs are 7 goals ahead of us. If they win by an average of 2 goals a gam for the rest of the season, we need to win by some 2.5 goals a game to keep up.

Hence, thus and therefore, we must aim to pummel Citen this weekend. Hopefully Eduardo and our midfielders can score. We do not want to become too dependent on Ade - we already did that with Henry before.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i hope we thrash city, but that isn't going to happen. i am happy with a 1 or 2 goal win.

ade will score, eduardo will score

gunnerGH

Established Member
Elano was rested for this one but Im not too sure whether he or Petrov will cause us the most threat.

Flamini vs Elano

Petrov vs Sagna

Two key battles.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The team is currently in a fine form and Ade is a scoring machine at the moment. I am confident the team can handle this tough game. Hopefull Wenger would not repeat his judgment in the Portsmouth away game. He has plenty of attacking options within the squad. My concern is on the team's defense on set-pieces and any unnecessary fouls lead to Man City's freekicks.

algunner

All I want is a 3 points regardless who scores BUT .....

ideally I would want to trash City 4-0 to make up the goal difference against Manutd (hopefully they draw against Sp**s with King and Woodgate in defence may be they have a chance) Most important is City look easy to beat so that they can step up for their next game against ManUtd.

Giga

If Sp**s can beat City away in the Carling Cup, we can do the same thing.

But the fact that Man City haven't lost at home in the league yet is what's making me concerned.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Giga said:
But the fact that Man City haven't lost at home in the league yet is what's making me concerned.

there used to be a fact that man city haven't conceded 1 goal at all after winning all games against west ham away, derby home and man utd home.

guess who spoiled their hey days?

don't worry my friend.

we're going to give sven and his men some sweet lessons.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think people are reading WAYYY too much into Citeh's home record...

yes, they beat ManUre at home.. it was a COMPLETELY fluke win, and they were dominated the entire match... it was also the 3rd game of the season, and ManUre were going through their "bad patch" that early... Rooney wasnt playing, and neither was Ronaldo...

they drew with Liverpool at home, and that is really their only other comparison (and drawing 0-0 to Liverpool is normal these days)

they are not in the best of form lately, and i think Citeh will be going through a rough patch for the next 3 games.. Dunne has been saving their arse for the whole season... is Micah Richards even playing? (he hasnt payed in the last 2 matches or even been on the bench.. is he hurt?)

i think we will handily beat them in Manchester (by 2 or more goals), United will beat the crap out of them in the next match, and then Everton will get a draw in Manchester the game after...

February is where we will see CIteh drop out of the top 5... (IMO at least)

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom