• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mario Gómez

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Re: Arsenal Linked With Mario Gomez

Anzac said:
Hell no - (1) if Bendtner can keep his feet on the ground & (2) his head out of the clouds (3) he's going to be immense.
Absolutely agree with all three points that you make Anzac. This guy's got something alright; still so young too.

Anzac

Established Member

Having said that if we could get Gomez for 12m I'd still do so now, and then sort out formation & player roster later.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

OK, anybody thinks TW14 getting no14 partly because of who we talk about in this thread?
By that I mean having no 32 free?

number_0

Established Member

I will play rvp as a GK and eduardo as a LB to acomudate gomez and bendtner.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member

Thommybhoy said:
OK, anybody thinks TW14 getting no14 partly because of who we talk about in this thread?
By that I mean having no 32 free?

Haha oh yeh smart thinking, Gomez favourite number is 32

Well, hope Ade stays but if he goes I think well be getting Gomez

Gazza Martinez

Established Member

If he'd had a storming Euro he wouldn't be on our radar. The fact he is a talented player who's taken a hit to his reputation with some underwhelming performances means he's probably in Wengers sights. He thrives on working with these kind of players.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

So its becoming a reality? Replacing Ade with Gomez is potentially a good move.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

there are plenty of good players who haven't fared so well in the Euros (Torres, Benzema, Toni, Crynaldo, Henry anyone?).. doesn't mean they are not still good players...

still dont think we'll be signing Gomez though...

M+D

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1486644.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 486644.ece</a>

ROY HODGSON is bidding to complete a £33million revamp of his Fulham forward line by snapping up Mario Gomez from Stuttgart.
Craven Cottage boss Hodgson has stolen a march on Arsenal and his negotiators are understood to have agreed a fee of around £15million with the German club.

Bobby Zamora has already joined from West Ham for £6.3m, while ex-Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson has arrived for £12m from Everton. Now

German international Gomez is close to agreeing personal terms.

Arsenal face Stuttgart and former keeper Jens Lehmann today in a pre-season friendly.

And they may have to do some late wheeler-dealing if they want to put the skids under Hodgson’s latest transfer coup.

Gomez’s advisers had talks with Gunners representatives on Monday.

The 23-year-old’s arrival at the Cottage would confirm Hodgson’s intent to make a big impression on the Premier League this season.

He wants to end the club’s perpetual battles against relegation by taking them to a European place.

Gomez, who had a poor Euro 2008 and failed to score a goal, has also been linked with a move to Bayern Munich.

But he would face stiff competition for a place there from Luca Toni, Miroslav Klose and Lucas Podolski.

:lol:

If this happened I'd laugh my head off - Andy Johnson and Gomez up front eh? Fulham might get into the UEFA Cup places!

Paddy from Sweden

And yesterday Gomez said this:

"There was a lot of speculation in recent weeks about my future. I was asked by some people to clearly state my loyalty to Stuttgart. There is no need to leave anything unclear because I have not once said that I planned to leave the club this summer. I have a contract with VfB Stuttgart."

"Clearly, I am honoured by the interest from some leading European clubs but, as I said months ago, if I move, everything has to be just right. I am sure that time will come but there is nothing more to say in that respect."

<a class="postlink" href="http://setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/29/Bundesliga-Gomez-stays-put/?facets/sport-space/football/great-britain-locale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/ ... in-locale/</a>

Fulham, leading European club? :roll:

Goons AFC

Why do all the link say how Arsenal are gutted to be losing out on him. He's a better player than the Euro's showed, but now that it looks like Adebebayor's staying, what's the point. Adebayor, Eduardo, RVP, Bendtner, Walcott, Vela, Simpson, Barazite, Sunu, Fonte.

There are positions Arsenal need to strenghten depth, but striker ain't it. If we go striker, go big (Villa, Aguero, cheeky bid for Berbatov) or go home.

Meatwad

Paddy from Sweden said:

"There was a lot of speculation in recent weeks about my future. I was asked by some people to clearly state my loyalty to Stuttgart. There is no need to leave anything unclear because I have not once said that I planned to leave the club this summer. I have a contract with VfB Stuttgart."

"Clearly, I am honoured by the interest from some leading European clubs but, as I said months ago, if I move, everything has to be just right. I am sure that time will come but there is nothing more to say in that respect."

<a class="postlink" href="http://setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/29/Bundesliga-Gomez-stays-put/?facets/sport-space/football/great-britain-locale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/ ... in-locale/</a>

why are you assuming the link is real in the first place?

Alfonso

Established Member

Paddy from Sweden said:

Well, when Mohammed Al Fayed first took over Fulham his main goal was for them to be the 'Manchester Utd of the south'. Ten years in the making perhaps? :wink:

Paddy from Sweden

Meatwad said:
Paddy from Sweden said:

why are you assuming the link is real in the first place?

Didn't say I did.

Gomez to Fulham was just so unbelievably stupid.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom