• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Tyler leaves Sky

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There's a really good commentator, think he did the Nelson winner vs Bournemouth, have no idea what his name is tho.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Legendary commentator, but **** me he's been atrocious for a while. Still fair play for going for over 40 years I believe

Yeah so to me he’s the Simpsons of commentators.

In his prime was iconic and probably the best commentator I’ve ever heard on balance.

Like the Simpsons though he’s gone easily 10 plus years too long. Some of the games in recent years he’s been diabolical.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Seb Hutchinson, he already works for Sky. They just have him do the **** games.

He's got a bit of fire about him, like the Martin Tyler of old while also having a freshness about him because I've only heard him this past couple of years.

He isn't a try hard like Drury either, it comes natural to him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah so to me he’s the Simpsons of commentators.

In his prime was iconic and probably the best commentator I’ve ever heard on balance.

Like the Simpsons though he’s gone easily 10 plus years too long. Some of the games in recent years he’s been diabolical.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Good riddance. Average commentator.

There’s only been 3 that stand above the rest in my time following football.

First was Brian Moore. The others are John Motson and Peter Drury, though the latter can occasionally go a bit over the top.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Been going well downhill for years but it didn't get any better than Tyler and Gray in their prime as far as Premier League football goes. Doesn't seem to be any decent comms coming through that I can think of unfortunately. Fletcher on BT is atrocious, as is Matterface on ITV.

steppenwolf

Established Member
You (Brits and English-language speakers in general) are blessed

commentary style to which we Russians are exposed is beyond atrocious.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Guy starts quoting Shakespeare when a team gets a consolation goal.

Can't wait for those absolute dead rubbers like Everton vs Fulham at 12:30 both in midtable and Dury is commenting like this when DCL puts them 1-0 up in the 25th minutes.

'Behold, mortals! Witness the eruption of passion from Goodison Park, a tempestuous vortex of unquenchable fervor! It surges through the veins of the faithful, electrifying their very souls! Calvert-Lewin, the architect of this hallowed moment, is the celestial embodiment of hope and triumph, a shining beacon of brilliance that pierces through the darkest of nights!'

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Tyldsley or Drury where the top choices for me so I'm happy with that. Was really worried they'd give it matterface.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can't wait for those absolute dead rubbers like Everton vs Fulham at 12:30 both in midtable and Dury is commenting like this when DCL puts them 1-0 up in the 25th minutes.

'Behold, mortals! Witness the eruption of passion from Goodison Park, a tempestuous vortex of unquenchable fervor! It surges through the veins of the faithful, electrifying their very souls! Calvert-Lewin, the architect of this hallowed moment, is the celestial embodiment of hope and triumph, a shining beacon of brilliance that pierces through the darkest of nights!'

This is class :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

First Prem season without either Andy Gray or Martin Tyler on comms...

jr.jpg

...you will be missed!

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom