• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mason Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really interesting many top clubs interested in Mount even Bayern Munich because Tuchel rate him too coached him before

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta seriously different from wenger guy only want to shop in PL market but i hope we dont ignore other league market too many good players in there

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Mount wants atleast 250k a week from Chelsea. Whoever gets him will completely overpay

Would be able to do a job for us as an 8, possibly even deeper with his engine as well. I'd pay the money for him, and have Smith Rowe as competition there.

SA Gunner

Mount best time came as wide player with freedom. Was part of the front 3

He can play in midfield as well, that's what makes him so attractive an option I'd say.

Bloodbather

Established Member

This Mount love in all of a sudden is quite strange, he’s a good player, that’s about it. He’s also been very poor this season and would cost a bomb.

Definitely new toy syndrome here.
There's really nothing in the posts above you that suggests a "Mount love". I and @SA Gunner said he fits the LCM role and could do a job, and that's about it. You're making it out as if we put him on our wish list.

Unless you're referring to people outside the forum, of course.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There's really nothing in the posts above you that suggests a "Mount love". I and @SA Gunner said he fits the LCM role and could do a job, and that's about it. You're making it out as if we put him on our wish list.

Unless you're referring to people outside the forum, of course.

Yeah it’s more twitter hype tbh, seen a lot of guys clamouring for him despite not giving a toss about him prior to the links.

I think a guy like Mount at LCM means we need a more defensive LB, or a better defensive player than TP at DM. Also just don’t think we’ve currently got the room for him in the squad unless we get rid of ESR/FV.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yeah it’s more twitter hype tbh, seen a lot of guys clamouring for him despite not giving a toss about him prior to the links.

I think a guy like Mount at LCM means we need a more defensive LB, or a better defensive player than TP at DM. Also just don’t think we’ve currently got the room for him in the squad unless we get rid of ESR/FV.
Yeah, wouldn't be much of a needle mover, and would be a bit of a bummer considering the number of options.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, wouldn't be much of a needle mover, and would be a bit of a bummer considering the number of options.

I do think though that the dynamics on the left are the next tactical evolution of the team. The Xhaka/Zinchenko movements killed teams earlier in the season but I think teams are clocking onto that a bit now.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I do think though that the dynamics on the left are the next tactical evolution of the team. The Xhaka/Zinchenko movements killed teams earlier in the season but I think teams are clocking onto that a bit now.
Agreed 100%. I think a more dynamic LCM who can hunt for goals around the box unlocks another level of potential for us. Does need to be someone who also contributes defensively though. Jude Bellingham is the perfect player for it, but likely too expensive. I'm thinking Mohammed Kudus or Alexis Mac Allister, but both will have plenty of suitors.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Agreed 100%. I think a more dynamic LCM who can hunt for goals around the box unlocks another level of potential for us. Does need to be someone who also contributes defensively though. Jude Bellingham is the perfect player for it, but likely too expensive. I'm thinking Mohammed Kudus or Alexis Mac Allister, but both will have plenty of suitors.

The defensive part is important as we still basically defend and press in a 442. It would be very hard to consistent carry a guy like Mount/ESR/Vieira in that type of system.

SA Gunner

Mount is the truth, available as both a left and right 8, as well as out wide if you need him too. But most impressive to me is his ability to replicate Xhaka's and Ødegaard to a degree, both in attacking and deeper areas.

Alternative to him would be Olise, Kudus and Raphinha (although with Raphinha its wide and moving Saka centrally). Not as influential as Mason for me though.

I hope we can get him, if the price is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom