• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Match Ratings - Arsenal v Chelsea

jay-d

Established Member
Fabianski 3
Eboue 5
Toure 6
Silvestre 5
Gibbs 6.5
Cesc 6
Diaby 3
Denilson 2
RVP 6
Theo 7.5
Ade 6

Wenger 1

nazo

Established Member
Fabianski 2 i'm sorry but he was disastrous today. he did nothing right. i really hope he bounces back. i feel sorry for the guy
Eboue 5 terrible defending for the first goal.
Touré 6 one of the few players that did anything useful.
Silvestre 5 gave up too easily for the second goal.
Gibbs 7 surprisingly the rookie did the best
Cesc 3 worst performance i've seen from him in a long long time
Diaby 3 see above
Denilson 2 see above
RVP 6 he fought (literally) but couldn't make an impact.
Theo 7 goal and threatened but produced barely clearcut
Ade 4 nothing to say but pointless

Arshavin no time to make impact
Bendtner same
Nasri same

Wenger 1 no clue what he was thinking

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Fabianski: 1 - (consider the positive rating a b’day present) Gibbs saved his arse again when he charged out like a madman, but afterwards he was truly woeful on both goals (admittedly so was the defence, but still) and in general. Good distribution? Um, no, not even close. Please hurry back Al, and, as for Fabianski, learn something from this and try not to let it destroy you.

Eboue: 4 - caught out completely on the goal (and in general); look up on your breaks man! Exposed for what he is – unreliable.

Toure: 7 - very good first half, good second.

Tweety: 3 - together with Fabianski they do a good Laurel and Hardy; for someone with such a big head it beggars belief how poor he is when he uses it on the ball; VERY lucky on that hand ball, VERY lucky. Sell or kick him out in the summer, I don’t care which.

Gibbs: 7 - the more I see, the more I am impressed; seriously, I think we’ve got ourselves a player here.

Denilson: 4 – more than a few poor passes; pushing the ref was a disgrace – he should have been sent-off no question. As one of his biggest fans, I’m very disappointed and ashamed.

Cesc: 5.5 – reasonable enough game; had trouble getting the ball in good areas and/or finding others to pass to, which was not all that surprising given how poor Diaby and Denilson were.

Diaby: 3 – on the few occasions he releases the ball he’s useful, but when he takes more than a touch he tends to woeful and his resultant passes reequire an ambulance on stand-by. Lazy and had all the composure of a drunk in an earthquake

RvP: 6.5 - good and busy performance, worked his socks off; he was integral in holding the midfield together and cut plenty of balls out.

Walcott: 7 – well taken goal. Might not be the finished product, but you’re fooling yourself if you don’t see what he adds to our game.

Ade: 2 – a lazy, disinterested and, quite frankly, stinking pile of rubbish performance. Jogged about, didn’t go for the ball. He was looking for the serving-tray all day long. I was pleased to see him subbed, as he was absolute crap today.

Arshavin: (76th) – why oh why did he not start?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why?!!!!!!!!
Bendtner: (83rd) – too little, too late, should have been on for Ade much earlier.
Nasri: whatever.

Wenger: 1 - no time for rotation or rest; first time this season I've been in near total disagreement with some of his selections.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Fabianski 3
Eboue 4
Touré 6
Silvestre 4
Gibbs 5
Cesc 4
Diaby 2
Denilson 3
RVP 2
Theo 5
Ade 2

piss poor match.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
EDIT:

The Wembley pitch and those responsible for it: 0; feel sorry for the cut-up piece of crap that ManU and Everton will have to play on tomorrow. What a Mickey Mouse situation; a disgrace to the legacy of the F.A. Cup.

Zico

Established Member
Fabianski 2 - looked awful, almost cost us a goal in the 3rd minute, dove poorly twice in first half and had a brain fart for the winning goal.
Eboue 4 - was not constructive on attack, and should have closed down Malouda.
Touré 6 - assured, composed
Silvestre 5 - seemed wobbly at times but serviceable
Gibbs 6 - looked one of our more competent players.
Cesc 6 - never got into the game. needed to see more of the ball
Diaby 4 - not sure what he did.
Denilson 2. would have had a 4 had he not assaulted the referee. useless player
RVP 5 - did not impress and kept drifting in, denying us width on the left.
Theo 6 - you get everything with Theo. a goal, but lots of atrocious crosses and poor ball control
Ade 5 - the big dog was not fed. should have come back to involve himself more.

Wenger 1 - outmanaged throughout this dire experience.

Floating

Established Member
Fabianski 3
Eboue 6
Touré 6
Silvestre 3
Gibbs 6.5
Cesc 6
Diaby 3
Denilson 2
RVP 4
Theo 7
Ade 5

Wenger 1

DC Gunner

Established Member
Wenger -10

Diaby + Denilson: -4 , created 4 dangerous chances for chelski, not bad for the passmasters.

The rest : WHO CARES.

McIntyre

Established Member
I'm in almost complete agreement with AnthonyG's ratings, especially in you're assessment of Fabs, Tweety, Denilson, Diaby and Wenger. None of them turned up today.

Fabianski wasn't good, but he maybe deserves a bit of leeway considering he's been dumped in at the deep end.

But the others mentioned should know better. Diaby, Ade and Denilson's performances were nothing short of disgraceful. I wonder how painful it must've been for the likes of Eduardo, Arshavin, and Song to watch these guys play so awfully today.

lagos

Established Member
Theo 6 (mostly for the goal)
Fabianski 2
Wenger 0
The others 4 (i.e can't be bothered)

Teams must be scared of us now!

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Fabianski 2
Eboue 4 - Malouda
Touré 5 - Average.
Silvestre 3 - Give me a ****ing break.
Gibbs 4
Cesc 4 - Poor, though the rest of the team playing like a bunch of clowns didn't help.
Diaby 1 - Absolute ****, nothing more to say really.
Denilson 2 - Must I say anything.
RVP 3 - On his defence, he was playing out wide.
Theo 4 - No end product whatsoever.
Ade 4 - Poor. On his defence, he got no service from midfield.
Wenger - 0

giuliob

Fabianski 3 - Played out he stepped out of the Wild West; careless; he's young and should learn and recover from this....
Eboue 5 - just average and partly to blame for the Malouda goal...
Touré 7 - Played decently
Silvestre 5 - Another DB who is partly responsible for the 2nd goal; otherwise did okay
Gibbs 7 - Hats off to a young gun who showed his mettle
Cesc 6 - Flashes of creativity; tough game for him with the surrounding cast of players
Diaby 3 - Why was he playing in the first place
Denilson 3 Not physically strong enough to handle his assignment, and he really lost it with the push...
RVP 6 -
Theo 7 - A very tidy outing; a very wasted effort, Wenger...Good news is he's only 20...
Ade 5 - Expected more from him...

Wenger - 0 He handed the game to Chelsea on a silver platter with that lineup; he has got to be one of the worst tactical and bench coaches on the planet..He had Arshavin languishing on the bench.......His loyalty to Denilson and Diaby cost us again......

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
McIntyre said:
Fabianski wasn't good, but he maybe deserves a bit of leeway considering he's been dumped in at the deep end.
He might, but I'm not going to give it to him. Indeed his worst moment for me was not even the goals, but when Gibbs had to save him again.

He's clearly not ready and there is a small chance I'm a little bitter about having to tell so many people so often that Al is our better option when they we're calling continuously for his head for so long.

He just stunk even taking the defence into consideration.

lagos

Established Member
I gave Wenger a 0 but in fairness to him there was some serious ineptitude going on amongst certain players today

Zico

Established Member
Given the line-up he selected, Wenger started the game on a -ve rating; so your zero is warranted even in light of the listless performances.

giuliob

lagos said:
I gave Wenger a 0 but in fairness to him there was some serious ineptitude going on amongst certain players today
Wenger selected the team...He had alternatives....

lagos

Established Member
I should also add that even though he had his "Theo moments" today (like running past the ball or crossing to no-one, I was encouraged by other parts of his performance. i particularly noted that he was unorthodox and showed some imagination on at least 2 ocasions when he had to beat 2 men. Thought I'd point that out since I criticize him so much

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom