• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
You can keep talking, we see you. And Guendouzi keeps proving you wrong. Stats prove he can defend and attack.

Btw, Ceballos came on for Torreira at 63 minutes, do you mean he was below Guendouzi in the formation? Both were pretty high up at times when we rumbled. He timed his recoveries very well so we could keep pushing time after time. His shot was also very good, but great save from Lloris with one hand.

And we lost mostly because of two amateurish mistakes by Sokratis & Xhaka. Although the first goal was more like the whole defence wanted to concede in unison.

Gotta love the picture here, Guendouzi doesn't even notice pissed off Alli. :rofl:

its one game. a home draw. Dont mind being proved wrong. Still dont rate him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Scary player. Had a huge dip in form past season...expected of 19 years old. Lets hope he can stay consistent and conti ue to elevate his game.

Looks like a future captain

Yeah, but actually I think it is expected from any player coming to 1st season in EPL, regardless of age. Anything else is more of an exception.

I want to see the contract extension as soon as possible. But am confident he likes it here very much and knows he gets game time from Emery, at good level and team for his age. That would not be guaranteed anywhere else.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Worse off? Did you start supporting Arsenal in 2016?

We finished 4th, 3rd and 2nd in the 3 seasons preceding his arrival and had 19 consecutive seasons of CL football.

There is nothing anyone can prove to you about Xhaka that you won’t wilfully ignore.

And during those years with him here we have looked worse when he hasnt played

To focus the blame on Xhaka for us slipping out of top4 is simplistic and naive

The squad had been deteriorating for years, filled with injury prone guys and still was and is. Sold out our best guys for years and most replacements failed.

In the meantime other teams evolved and spent a ****ton

We signed mostly dross before and after and even had to sell actually good players albeit with his own issues like Sanchez

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
When you're one nil down at home in the NLD and you give away a penalty like that...

You might think that's a 'little foul' but I personally think it's ridiculous mate.
His stats of 7 fouls is brought up as a negative

Already wrote in every post that the penalty was stupid meaning stupid of him to do.

Jae

Wish people would bore off with their constant bashing of every player whose names don't begin with an X and end with an A :rolleyes:

Malky

Established Member
If this kid was playing for Liverpool or City he'd be worth 50M and have every media outlet licking his arse.

He's immense.
City would never give him the time we've given him, Foden is a huge talent and rarely ever gets off the bench. Any of our other rivals - Pool, Sp**s, United and the media, like you said, would be raving about the kid. A £7M unknown from Ligue 2 at 19 years old, he has been an incredible find.

drippin

And some people said, that he can't pass:lol:

He clearly can't, only one assist in EPL in his whole career as CMF. Stats prove it.

He cannot defend or attack either. Not at all.

That kind of cherry picking video can be done of any 20-year old CMF starting regularly in a top team.. oh wait, how many such players are there even?

Do I need to put similar video of Elneny to prove this over-the-top worshipping of Guendouzi is total garbage?

He clearly can't, only one assist in EPL in his whole career as CMF. Stats prove it.

He cannot defend or attack either. Not at all.

That kind of cherry picking video can be done of any 20-year old CMF starting regularly in a top team.. oh wait, how many such players are there even?

Do I need to put similar video of Elneny to prove this over-the-top worshipping of Guendouzi is total garbage?

yes

drippin

I won't, there isn't any. You are new so don't know I have defended Guendouzi earlier, it was sarcasm. He was said to be poor man's Elneny by arsenefc.

Anyway, how many and which under 21 year old CMF's start regularly at top teams in all leagues?

I won't, there isn't any. You are new so don't know I have defended Guendouzi earlier, it was sarcasm. He was said to be poor man's Elneny by arsenefc.

Anyway, how many and which under 21 year old CMF's start regularly at top teams in all leagues?

Ah ok got you.
I am a big fan of his, and im glad Emery is also fascinated with him. He doesnt have the athleticism to be an elite player in my mind, but he is a really good player now, and can be great very soon. He reminds me of Rui Costa with his onfield mannerisms.

drippin

Ah ok got you.
I am a big fan of his, and im glad Emery is also fascinated with him. He doesnt have the athleticism to be an elite player in my mind, but he is a really good player now, and can be great very soon. He reminds me of Rui Costa with his onfield mannerisms.

Yeah, he will be no Vieira, but athleticism can mean many things. He surely has great engine for his age and doesn't seem like injury-prone player.

Needs to get some "bulk", but I think he can be elite later even without all that muscle. Not too many great midfielders have been bouncers. He is tall still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom