• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Matteo did that to himself being talent with bad attitude won't get him far he was in right path until last season. We getting double what we paid for him so even after what happened we make good profit from him.

Thing is, we should have handled the situation much better, by keeping stories inside the club, not cutting him out of the team.

We basically told the whole world that Guendouzi has such a bad attitude that we're ready to cut our losses with him. We tanked his value so much.

This is just a direct consequence of the Arteta/Edu total lack of experience.
Guendouzi might be a prick, but we were stupid to do what we did, the way we did.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thing is, we should have handled the situation much better, by keeping stories inside the club, not cutting him out of the team.

We basically said to the whole world that Guendouzi has such a bad attitude that we're ready to cut our losses with him. We tanked his value so much.

This is just a direct consequence of the Arteta/Edu total lack of experience.
Guendouzi might be a prick, but we were stupid to do what we did, the way we did.
We could but you blame the Athletic for that from leaking things that should be more private but that's journalists work and the club should have kept it more inside dressing room the important thing now we will move on from this situation.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
We could but you blame the Athletic for that from leaking things that should be more private but that's journalists work and the club should have kept it more inside dressing room the important thing now we will move on from this situation.

The Athletic only publish stuff that the club tells them too.
They have sources inside the club who leaked the info. This is the issue here.

And it's not the Athletic who decided to cut Matteo out of the team last season.
This is just a **** up from Arteta and Edu. No excuses for them.

You just don't treat one of your most valuable asset back at the time like this, because you're only going to tank his value.
That's what we did. And now we're selling him for less than half of his peak value 2 years ago.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The Athletic only publish stuff that the club tells them too.
They have sources inside the club who leaked the info. This is the issue here.

And it's not the Athletic who decided to cut Matteo out of the team last season.
This is just a **** up from Arteta and Edu. No excuses for them.

You just don't treat one of your most valuable asset back at the time like this, because you're only going to tank his value.
That's what we did. And now we're selling him for less than half of his peak value 2 years ago.
Give it a rest mate! Are you going to have a hissy fit because we are not getting top money from two years ago for an out of favor midfielder with disciplinary issues, one year left on his contract, following a global pandemic which has everyone cash strapped?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think it's a bit of a myth that we were ever getting 30-40m for him or whatever. You can put some blame on Arteta and the club for the way his situation was handled, but ultimately if he goes for 12m at the end of his contract it's not bad business.

The only reason clubs pay those sky high fees is for proven, top level performance. Guendo has a lot of promise, but he hasn't broken out in the same way as Willock for example. I think if we'd played it differently on the attitude issues he'd be worth £5m more at most and we would still have a decision about whether to sell or keep and play him.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Give it a rest mate! Are you going to have a hissy fit because we are not getting top money from two years ago for an out of favor midfielder with disciplinary issues, one year left on his contract, following a global pandemic which has everyone cash strapped?

Of course, since we have so much money to spend on transfers, we shouldn't maximize the money we get from our sales :facepalm:

If only Matteo was the only mishandled situation in recent years, I wouldn't have said anything. But we're just so bad at selling that it's harming us to grow as a club.
For once we had a valuable asset with Guendouzi, a young player with a lot of hype around him just 18 months ago, and we manage to bottle it up, once again.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I really like Guendouzi and thought he looked good when he had a run of games under Emery at a very young age. I haven't watched him at Hertha though but from what I've read the fans seem to love him and he hasn't caused any trouble there. I'd rather keep him than spend decent money on someone like Berge who has less upside.

Having said that though Arteta is in charge and there's obviously irreparable damage between the 2 of them personally so if we get 15m for him it's better that than loaning him out again or letting his deal run down. Best of luck to him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The fact we getting 40m from Guendouzi xhaka in covid market explain how broken clubs are in normal market we could got like more than 50m but the important thing is letting them so we can finally buy.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The fact we getting 40m from Guendouzi xhaka in covid market explain how broken clubs are in normal market we could got like more than 50m but the important thing is letting them so we can finally buy.
If you think we are getting 40m for Guendouzi and Xhaka this summer you're wrong.

Lucky to scrape 30m pal.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Of course, since we have so much money to spend on transfers, we shouldn't maximize the money we get from our sales :facepalm:

If only Matteo was the only mishandled situation in recent years, I wouldn't have said anything. But we're just so bad at selling that it's harming us to grow as a club.
For once we had a valuable asset with Guendouzi, a young player with a lot of hype around him just 18 months ago, and we manage to bottle it up, once again.
Don’t necessarily disagree with the point that we have been poor in selling and buy players in time and at the right price. It predates Arteta and Edu.

I am also not saying Guen was handled correct but where things are now we better just sell and move on. In this market he will not fetch a lot and no way near his top evaluation from when Emery was in charge still.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Such a disgrace.
This only could happen at Arsenal.

From being in the golden boy shortlist, hyped as one of the best young CM in Europe during Emery's first season, valued in excess of £40M by CIES.

But we decided to leak to the press that he has huge disciplinary issues, and Arteta cut him out of the team in public. Who the hell gonna invest a huge amount on a young player if you give him such a bad press?

Any well runned club would have handled the situation WAY BETTER by not going public, waiting for the right time to sell him at his peak value. Hell I'm 100% sure a club like Liverpool would have managed to sell Matteo for £30/40M by handling the situation differently.

Now watch him perform at Marseille, and in 2 years he will come back to a midtable PL club for an absurd amount of money.

Disgusting stuff.
Everybody knew the kid was crazy even before he came here. He had the same problems at Toulouse.
Massive talent but it just didn't work. If he is what he is supposed to be, the elite would be after him.

Good luck Mateo

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Don’t necessarily disagree with the point that we have been poor in selling and buy players in time and at the right price. It predates Arteta and Edu.

I am also not saying Guen was handled correct but where things are now we better just sell and move on. In this market he will not fetch a lot and no way near his top evaluation from when Emery was in charge still.

Ok then I fully agree with you: of course today we have no choice but to sell him on the cheap and move on.

I was just mad at the mishandling of the situation, for a player who was a valuable asset at one point, and had a big hype around him which could have made skyrocket his value if handled properly.

This is a crazy market where any bum can go for £30M. Arsenal is the only club not taking advantage of it and I'm sick of it.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

They just getting Gerson for 25M looks like they'll try get guendouzi deal done next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom