• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

TheEconomist

Established Member
Bye Arsène.

You really were a role model to me. I admired your intellect, your maturity and your principles. All characteristics which I try to carry in myself. You understood that football was firstly about entertainment, and during the good years you gave us much than any of us could have asked for. Even when the times were hard, I never saw you push the blame on anyone else. When the players or the board let you down you always stood there to take responsibility. In more recent years it was was to see those traits of yours weaken a little, but I suppose that's just evidence that a change is good for everyone involved. I hope you continue managing at another club. I'd love to see you win the champions league and show everyone that you could have achieved just as much as some other managers had you been given the same resources. I really believe you still can. Everyone will speak about the double, or the invincibles, amazing as they are, I think your biggest and most underappreciated achievement was keeping us in the top four When there was no investment in the squad. I'd love to know what really happened behind the scenes during those dark years after we moved to the Emirates, but I fear that even if you did write an autobiography your too much of a gentleman to throw anyone under the bus.

Anyway, you've personally been a big inspiration in my life, and while the last few years have seen us fall away from the top, you deserve nothing but the greatest of respect. i think you'll go down as the biggest legend in Arsenals history, and many of us will believe that any future success that may come to this football club will have been built on a foundation laid by yourself.

Merci, Arsène.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I just came across this quote from the legendary Brian Clough, he was quoted when Arsenal broke Forests 42 game unbeaten run (that lasted 25 years, our 49 will last longer) following the unbeaten 2003 to 04 season. High praise indeed from one great manager to another. The last line was typical Clough :)

“Arsenal are nothing short of incredible,” Brian Clough said. “They could have been nearly as good as us.” Yet that was just Cloughie having a bit of fun when, deep down, he will have known that managerial greatness is not exclusively reserved for those who win European Cups. “Arsenal,” he added, “caress a football the way I dreamed of caressing Marilyn Monroe.”

Hope

Less
Still

Tears

Reading this was so emotional

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/21/five-innovations-Arsène-wenger-english-football

Thank You....Thank You a million times.

One Arsène Wenger

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Thank you for my greatest footballing experiences. Thank you for all the great gifts you've given to us, Thank you for making our club as great as it is today, Thank you for being such a class act throughout your tenure, Thank you for the Invincibles, Thank you for the Emirates Stadium, Thank you for the London Colney and Thank you for the Wenger Ball.

You'll always be loved and respected at Arsenal FC and most of all, you'll always be our greatest manager ever no matter how many trophies we might win after you.

Watching Arsenal FC will never be the same, but we'll always sing your name.

We said many harsh things in the heat of the moment, but that's what families do and at Arsenal FC, we are a FAMILY and always will be.

#MerciArsene

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Like to salute this guy wherever he is now, written when AW signed . Prophetic.

The most prescient words came from Gabriel Vistotsky, a French subscriber to The Gooner, in a letter published by the fanzine a few weeks later. “Arsène Wenger is among the best coaches in the business, high above either George Graham or Bruce Rioch,” he wrote. “It is a risky appointment but if he succeeds Arsenal (and English football in general) will be better off because of him.”

Preacher

Always Crying
From today's match programme:
DbYVusTX4AAvlvd.jpg

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Folks, where can I find past games. I'm looking specifically for the 2001-02 season.

Invincible season would be nice as well, if available.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Was nice to see Wenger today, I watched him more than the game, still getting excited like it was his first match.
Love him, but glad hes leaving, we need a lot of work.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
One thing is for sure, Wenger will be leaving behind a financially sound and globally popular club for his successor.

Plus the attacking talent at our disposal is possibly among the best in the league.

So Arsène will be leaving a pretty good Arsenal for the next coach.
My friends, you don't seem to realise that whilst we have Kronke and his mob in town "financially sound" is only jargon for them to make money FROM the club nor FOR the club. I cannot see us challenging for the CL or the premiership whilst they are in pole position.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
My friends, you don't seem to realise that whilst we have Kronke and his mob in town "financially sound" is only jargon for them to make money FROM the club nor FOR the club. I cannot see us challenging for the CL or the premiership whilst they are in pole position.
Something that will be clear very soon to most fans.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

In all fairness to the Kroenkes you cannot expect them to not be in this to make money, I think they may be starting to realise that success and money come hand in hand and football operates differently to their other sporting involvements.

It is quite crazy how fans expect billionaires just to write off money into football clubs they purchased as an investment. Kroenke is obviously rich but hes no oil money rich.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I cannot see us challenging for the CL or the premiership whilst they are in pole position.
Of course it's possible, City are having a freak season and are unlikely to dominate to this extent next season. United are 2nd in the league despite being bang average, which tells you everything you need to know about this league.

It's not necessarily about spending more, it's about spending better. The club have made generally poor signings since 2013, especially when you compare their record to Liverpool & Sp**s neither of whom are bankrolled by an oligarch.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom