• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Malky

Established Member
Throughout everything that was thrown at him, he lead this club with an incredible amount of class and respect.
Seeing the image of him and Sir Alex at Old Trafford really hit home that we'll never see the likes of that again - two elite managers being as loyal to one club for as long with such an incredible feud.

Now I'm sad that it's over, even more sad at how it's ending - the man deserved to go out as a Champion.

For everything he's achieved here, and everything he's done for the club - Merci, Arsène.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

This makes me laugh, as it’s what I have preached for years. Nice to see Wenger himself sees it the same way - 2006-15 was his best work.

My stance on Wenger over the years has been spot on.
Incredible. You should be a pundit on tv.

SupremeClientele

2013 could’ve been money he saved up. 2015 could’ve been when the extra cash really came up.

This club has abused Wenger.

He hasn't been abused by anyone. He has been given millions to spend in the last few years and has simply failed to do his job. When a manager spends an absolute fortune and still can't even earn an away point, qualify for the champions league or finish in the top 5, he has simply got to go. This season's final place finish will be lower than last year. How can a manager keep his job when his team are actually regressing?

Welbeck (18mil), Chambers (18mil), Mustafi (36mil) (Sanchez (38mil), Xhaka (40mil), Özil (42mil), Lacazette (47mil), Aubamyang (57mil)...... that's over 300 million spent right there. For years our lack of success was blamed on a lack of funds. But now everything's been exposed and people can't make any more excuses.

SupremeClientele

I find it strange still hearing people mention the Invincibles these days. Some people even think that was Wenger's best side. I never knew at the time people would look back all these years later and want to remember it.

I understand people like a record, but that was never a happy year for me. We crashed out of two comps in a matter of days. Cause of the treble talk we were mocked relentlessly for that. I'll only ever remember that season for being utterly ruined by a left-back. The unbeaten campaign was just consolation in the end. We were seriously going for the treble and sent a message to the world when we thrashed Inter. That was supposed to be the year we won the European Cup. We had been so bloody awful in the competition, but I really thought that was our time.

Winning the Fa Cup, and then 4 days later beating United on the own patch (with less rest than them), keeping a clean sheet and securing the title from them in their own backyard will always be Wenger's best side to me. Winning two trophies>>>>winning 1.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I find it strange still hearing people mention the Invincibles these days. Some people even think that was Wenger's best side. I never knew at the time people would look back all these years later and want to remember it.

I understand people like a record, but that was never a happy year for me. We crashed out of two comps in a matter of days. Cause of the treble talk we were mocked relentlessly for that. I'll only ever remember that season for being utterly ruined by a left-back. The unbeaten campaign was just consolation in the end. We were seriously going for the treble and sent a message to the world when we thrashed Inter. That was supposed to be the year we won the European Cup. We had been so bloody awful in the competition, but I really thought that was our time.

Winning the Fa Cup, and then 4 days later beating United on the own patch (with less rest than them), keeping a clean sheet and securing the title from them in their own backyard will always be Wenger's best side to me. Winning two trophies>>>>winning 1.

A feat unmatched by any other English side is a consolation? :lol:

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Absolutely no doubt that it was Arsenal who held Wenger back, not the other way round, I never bought the bullshit about the money being there and him refusing to spend it. In the end, the board changed him to become like them, a loser, and he paid the price for it, he should have seen that coming.
Before Arsenal ripped the winning mentality out of him, he was the best manager around, anywhere.
By the time we started spending again, it was too late, wed lost our place at the top table, it needs up to a billion in fees and wages to get that back, anything less is spending to stay where we are.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste

It was pretty much the same team, barring the goal keeper. The spine of the team was the same from 2002 to 2004 so I dont see those as 2 different sides, the main stays being Henry Vieira Pires Campbell Ljungberg Cole etc. It was just the continuation of the best team Ive ever seen in English football, we should have won the title 3 years running, and a CL.

TheArsenalis

Amazing you are right and ridiculous at the same damn time

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom