Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

The sad thing is I, and the other godless ****bags who criticise Mesut, was genuinely happy--why wouldn't I be? I want Arteta to work immediately and our best players need to play well for that to happen and for us to reach a respectable position in the league. But the **** storm created in here by his supporters after two high energy efforts ffs... smh. It's difficult trying to remain classy in here. Thing is, if that's the game they want to play, who stands the best chance of 'winning'? Özil aint keeping that up :lol:

Trilly likes this.
  2. bandaid

bandaid Active Member

rahrahboys need to stop the Özil obsession. not healthy if it makes you just make stuff up.

The whole team is still to gel. So many new players. However, creating chances wasnt our problem.

rahrahboy can go back to rah-rah-ing over duffer emery and doozi. That aged really well :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

we are playing our best midfield and finally have some semblance of control over the match. Long may it continue.

Thanks Xhaka. Thanks Torreira. Thanks Özil. Thanks AMN.

krackpot and Pepes blue pill like this.
  3. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Unpopular opinion: Mkhitaryan and Iwobi caused our opponents more problems

4. Eaststander74

:rofl:

American_Gooner likes this.
  5. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

Iwobi maybe, but Mikhi? The guy was useless. We relied on Kolasinac cutbacks and individual striker brilliances to salvage goals last season.

6. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Well-Known Member

Non-existent tonight I thought. Seems to me to be at that stage in his career where players become unproductive.

7. Jovi

Jovi Member

Since Özil extended his contract in 2018, 102 players in PL has got more goals/assists than him.

8. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

The sooner we can move on from Özil the better.

9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Who is we? The club gave him a contract till 2021

10. Eaststander74

We = The fans. You included. You've had enough of this circus as well lad.

11. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Drunka In Friend Zone

Needs to leave.He isn't for top football anymore.

12. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Great result with 9 men

James Bond, Gooner416, zilfy and 4 others like this.
  13. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

should've kept him on and got Pepe off. He was at least showing for the ball

14. darkgunner

darkgunner Well-Known Member

His pattern continues yet again. He always comes back from injury or exile and plays very well for a few matches, then he descends back to mediocrity for the rest of the season.

You could see how poor he was today, he was slow, weak on the ball, and his game resembled Elneny more than Özil. When we attacked, a lot of the time he was literally nowhere to be seen or completely out of it in no mans land.

Just isn't good enough, the Özshills can rag on about his talent all they want, but he has 5 assists in the last 2 seasons which is a pathetic return. He can't shoot for **** anymore and his legs have gone. He's a relic of the past, someone who these days should only be seen on the pitch in the last 20 mins and in youtube comps.

15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

i don't like how he didn't take risks today he only creative player and kept passing the ball behind. at least he showed good workrate didn't stop chasing and running.

16. juice man

juice man Well-Known Member

Mesut “better than De Bryune and Iniesta” Özil.

Sydney-Gooner likes this.
  17. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

He has no excuses anymore. Emery is gone, shackles are off and he has freedom to play his game again. Step up ffs

18. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

What game did you watch? Take those Özil tinted glasses off.

19. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

I remember when I got blasted on here for saying we're gonna see the same old **** from Özil all the way back when Emery brought him back into the team.

Was proven right under Emery and under Ljunberg/Arteta. He means well these days but hes not good enough, invisible as usual when it gets tough.

Eaststander74 likes this.
  20. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Man is playing like a nitty on his last legs.