• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Father Brennan: Go to the city of Megiddo... in the old city of Jezreel. There see the old man Bugenhagen. He alone can describe how this player can leave.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The last horcrux of Wenger, if you will. Mesut Özil. We cannot truly move forwards as a club until the horcrux is destroy, so to speak. We need a Neville-with-gryffindor-sword kind of solution here. Might try to disguise meself as a hot Fenerbache fan and slide into his DM's.
"Arsène Wenger, when he was here, always used to say to me, 'Emi, you're the future of this club'. I believe that I can be a No.1. Don't get me wrong, I accept my role as a No.2 at the moment, but my target is to get that No.1 jersey."

Martinez, 20th September 2019

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Like how can you justify not even selecting him in the squad? Even if he doesn't fit into what you want in terms of starting XI or for a game like against City. Surely for a game like tonight or bringing him off the bench would be better than having someone like Smith who he's never gonna use anyways. The situation is just bizarre. I suppose if you're picking up wins there's no issue but you see games like the one tonight, no creativity, we didn't even get a shot on target, no playmakers on the pitch when the game is crying out for one.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Like how can you justify not even selecting him in the squad? Even if he doesn't fit into what you want in terms of starting XI or for a game like against City. Surely for a game like tonight or bringing him off the bench would be better than having someone like Smith who he's never gonna use anyways. The situation is just bizarre. I suppose if you're picking up wins there's no issue but you see games like the one tonight, no creativity, we didn't even get a shot on target, no playmakers on the pitch when the game is crying out for one.
Give over Sheamus. He’s a busted flush.

Tir Na Nog

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Let it go man, just let it go.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We heard you the first time

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes i don't understand why not having him on bench if he available it's not like we full attacking mids in team

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He's being punished for not taking a pay cut (which was likely designated for him in the first place).

This situation doesn't have anything to do anything in football terms, Arteta likes him as a player as we've seen in the games pre-COVID where he was performing really well. Not to have him even on the bench just screams of orders from above.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He's being punished for not taking a pay cut (which was likely designated for him in the first place).

This situation doesn't have anything to do anything in football terms, Arteta likes him as a player as we've seen in the games pre-COVID where he was performing really well. Not to have him even on the bench just screams of orders from above.
What the point to force him out if they know he going to run his contract out.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I knew it was just a matter of time before we had a bad result and his acolytes will come screaming fire and thunder for not playing him
Rightly so though? Don’t tell him off the bench would not have been an option today?

Pop Tart

Established Member
Forget the pay cut debacle , this guy has no passion anymore. He offers nothing. No shows in europa and league cup finals and other big games but is hailed as a God when he scores against part time farmers in cl.

Tir Na Nog

Rightly so though? Don’t tell him off the bench would not have been an option today?

These guys have nothing, just repeating the same old nonsense. None of them actually believe Özil couldn't have contributed today. Just blinded by their rage of him. In fact him not playing and losing makes it even worse for them, how can they scapegoat him when he's not even on the pitch for them to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom