• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If you didn’t like it you should have told me back then. If you didn’t like the cripples comment you should have said so now. If I’m a hypocrite you are too because only now that I pick up on it you start defending your boy. Where were you weeks ago if you noticed it then already?
You need to be told not to trivialise cancer? Do you also need telling to wipe your own bum hole?

say yes

forum master baiter
If you didn’t like it you should have told me back then. If you didn’t like the cripples comment you should have said so now. If I’m a hypocrite you are too because only now that I pick up on it you start defending your boy. Where were you weeks ago if you noticed it then already?

No, that’s not how it works. I haven’t kicked up a fuss about either comment (or posters like you constantly calling me a ***** / fanboy) because they’re just words and they don’t really offend me.

However, if someone like you is going to cry about harsh language then you need to do it consistently and not just when it suits you. You can’t go around calling people cancers and then turn around and play the victim when they fire back. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones and all that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Genuinely wasn’t aware ‘head cripple’ was a disease/condition either. I suppose it is if you want it to be...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I won’t hear of it not being a mental problem if it were true though. Not sure what else it could possibly be. If it’s not physical, then your failure to perform whether from the bench or not, is mental.
Maybe warming up, then sitting for an hour before going on causes an issue with his back, who knows.

Even though he's rarely been subbed on in his Arsenal days, I think he should still be able to make an impact. Not necessarily coming on in a derby that's being played at breakneck speed, but you'd think that when the game gets stretched late on and there's more space to work in that it would suit Özil down to the ground.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
time for this thread to move on

though while I'm here how about including calling Cech Helmet in the tasteless name calling - this tweet surely should put that one to rest

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No, that’s not how it works. I haven’t kicked up a fuss about either comment (or posters like you constantly calling me a ***** / fanboy) because they’re just words and they don’t really offend me.

However, if someone like you is going to cry about harsh language then you need to do it consistently and not just when it suits you. You can’t go around calling people cancers and then turn around and play the victim when they fire back. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones and all that.
I concede that you are right.

I apologize.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Why? Not worth discussing? Cuz u said so? Man i wish another WC would be around the corner were england once again get spanked.
Speaking of England getting spanked in the WC, throwback to Mesut’s Germany giving the English a proper spanking.

An iconic assist by our boy who ended up with the joint most assists in the tournament. Good times

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
This guy. You hope and expect but its the same story with him. He didn't actually play terrible in the sense that he did do some good things but its again the bare minimum when you expect your leading, highest paid and the supposedly best star player of your to team to stand up for the team. Okay, maybe leadership is just not his thing but he could stand up for himself and actually show some confidence, spirit and strength of personality as a response. This game was another opportunity to do just that but its just not there in him to assert himself and take charge.

blaze_of_glory

Ah yes, whenever we lose, Özil didn't do enough. And when we win, it was the bare minimum from him or the opposition was poor.

It's team game ffs. We were down to 10 men for the bulk of the game and he played better than most others. Also played Auba in alone and would have got an assist to make it 2-0 if not for a BS offside call.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's not fair to expect anything from him. It's just not fair.
images

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Maybe warming up, then sitting for an hour before going on causes an issue with his back, who knows.

Even though he's rarely been subbed on in his Arsenal days, I think he should still be able to make an impact. Not necessarily coming on in a derby that's being played at breakneck speed, but you'd think that when the game gets stretched late on and there's more space to work in that it would suit Özil down to the ground.

Used to make an impact when Wenger was resting him on the bench and he'd come on at the 70th.

Reactions: A_G

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Used to make an impact when Wenger was resting him on the bench and he'd come on at the 70th.
Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. I'm sure it's nothing more than that. A normal and totally acceptable inconsistency. But as is always the case, there's a need to stick a label on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom