• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I am actually glad of the stance he has taken on what's happening in China. One of the few good things he has done. Couldnt care if it costs the club money.

This issue is one of the biggest problems on his pal Erdogans plate.

Is it beyond belief that they have spoken about this issue?

Can we be absolutely certain that Özil's statement was not a favour for Erdogan as part of some other overall political strategy?

darkgunner

After this, he's likely finished here for sure. What he did was noble and I support the cause, but Kroenke won't like it one bit.

The billionaire who bought the club so he could make more money will be pissed if we suffer financially due to losing one of the biggest markets out there.

As a player, Özil's place in the team is no longer cemented and he is probably the no.1 player that we need to be rid of anyway. His contribution on the pitch is nil, and his wages are astronomical.

Freddie will probably bench him anyway after yesterday's game, but if this whole China debacle blows up, Kroenke will ensure that we'll never see Özil in an Arsenal shirt again.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
After this, he's likely finished here for sure. What he did was noble and I support the cause, but Kroenke won't like it one bit.

The billionaire who bought the club so he could make more money will be pissed if we suffer financially due to losing one of the biggest markets out there.

As a player, Özil's place in the team is no longer cemented and he is probably the no.1 player that we need to be rid of anyway. His contribution on the pitch is nil, and his wages are astronomical.

Freddie will probably bench him anyway after yesterday's game, but if this whole China debacle blows up, Kroenke will ensure that we'll never see Özil in an Arsenal shirt again.
I wish Kroenke commented on China as well.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Arsenal fans love their ifs and maybes. Lacazette and Aubameyang would have done nothing to stop us from collapsing. They're no better than Giroud and Alexis. Maybe if Özil could score goals himself then we wouldn't have to rely on one striker so much.

We didn't win the league in those seasons but we always collapsed when it was important, we couldn't beat big teams and our defence was never good enough/Arsène wasn't a good defensive coach.
The difference in 13/14 was 7 points though, you'd have to think that a better striker would've been able to make the difference to bridge that gap. Likewise in 15/16 attack was the problem, the team conceded the fewest goals in the league but didn't score enough despite having Özil/Alexis/Cazorla/Ramsey all in their prime.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal fans love their ifs and maybes.

We didn't win the league in those seasons but we always collapsed when it was important
Yeh I agree, theres more to football than comparing the players on paper, we just dont have the mentality.

People calling our defence absolutely terrible on paper but in my opinion if we had gone through a different route post wenger and brought in a tactically astute manager, then we wouldnt be saying the same things as we are now about the defence for example.

Unfortunately I find it hard to believe that Arteta will fix these issues but Im gonna get behind him regardless

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Always a nice giggle go enter here and see usual suspects on here hoping and wishing for the demise of Özil.
The only giggle is that as a supposed fan of Arsenal fc you still don't realise that horse has long since bolted with Özil. Jokes on you if you are what you claim to be.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Always a nice giggle go enter here and see usual suspects on here hoping and wishing for the demise of Özil.

Yeah, I'm not Özil's biggest supporter but some of these "fans" were doing it to Ramsey now some are saying he's one of the best players we've had this decade. Walcott was also torn to shreds despite being one of the most productive wingers in the league.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Yeah, I'm not Özil's biggest supporter but some of these "fans" were doing it to Ramsey now some are saying he's one of the best players we've had this decade. Walcott was also torn to shreds despite being one of the most productive wingers in the league.
Both of those were good players for Arsenal and gave their all for the club at some very difficult times. Both struggled massively with injuries however and didn't have the best of luck or indeed timing in their Arsenal career. Would however take either of those, warts and all over some of the dross on display currently. Compare and contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom