• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We can all do charity work btw, even if it’s giving 30 minutes of your time to an organisation or an individual. Easy to look at footballers and expect them to donate money, people should look at themselves because we can all do something.
Everyone should be giving something to charity, proportional to their wage/wealth at least

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He's done here. Super done. How many more clubs and managers do you want to see show zero interest in obtaining his services before you realise it's not us, it's him? Some of the arguments I've seen recently were worn out and then abandoned by his die hards about three years ago. We're just going round in circles now :lol:

TheEconomist

Established Member
Chill out buddy. Wasn't directly aimed at you, but rather the staunch and unconditional defending on this forum (not just the last few posts) of a player who has done very little the past few years to warrant that.

You just happened to refer to that (weak) Ferrari analogy I've seen posted before by others and it's ridiculous at this time. Might have been relevant 3 years ago but he is not a Ferrari, but rather an old timer that requires special treatment and can only be taken for a short spin across the countryside when the sun is out and there's hardly traffic. It reminds us of a time where this car was still the best thing in town, but it has been overtaken left and right by even regular cars from this present day.

I know a lot of people mention it, but I don't care about his contract. That's the clubs responsibility and I believe Özil staying helped us remain somewhat relevant in attracting top players like Aubameyang.

I also don't care what he does outside of football in relation to what's happening on the pitch. It's great that he supports charities and uses his name to make a stance for what he believes is right of wrong and shows he is a good human being. What matters for me ultimately and will be the only thing I judge him on is what he does on the pitch in an Arsenal shirt.

What I care about is his general attitude in and around games. Gestures are one thing (I didn't care Alexis throwing his hands in the air either, cause the guy delivered and gave 100% everyday), but a complete lack of effort to show fight and desire to turn around a game or even pressure opponents is what has become symbol for Mesuts career the last few years.

The way he gets pushed off the ball numerous times and hardly puts in effort to regain that lost possession or even win a duel is laughable.

He rightly deserves to be criticized for that as should any player be it on 350k or a youth contract. Sulking on the bench when things go wrong is no problem at all as long as you leave everything on the pitch.

Agree with this. I don't think saying Özil is a misused Ferrari is an accurate analogy.

I think once upon a time we waited until the last minute, had a breakdown before the season started, and desperately panic brought a Fiat in a Ferrari bodykit without doing any real research. Ever since we've been kidding ourselves that this fiat can perform like a Ferrari in the right conditions because we don't want to face the reality which is that we brought a lemon

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agree with this. I don't think saying Özil is a misused Ferrari is an accurate analogy.

I think once upon a time we waited until the last minute, had a breakdown before the season started, and desperately panic brought a Fiat in a Ferrari bodykit without doing any real research. Ever since we've been kidding ourselves that this fiat can perform like a Ferrari in the right conditions because we don't want to face the reality which is that we brought a lemon

Absolutely terrible.

Özil has fallen off but he was fantastic and was fantastic for a good while when we got him.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Mesut passing technique, control is still the best player at the club.

I look at David Silva, modic, cazrola and think if small flair players like them can role up their sleeves and fight for their team, why can't Özil? Why is he such a whimp?

It's all on Özil. I'm surprised since he's of Turkish origin that he would show some of that famous Turkish pride and fight. On the pitch you learn whether someone is a man or a mouse. Özil is definitely a mouse when we need to fight and defend.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Hope he surprises us and contributes to a win
Would be nice to get a win for Arteta in his 1st match.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Everyone should be giving something to charity, proportional to their wage/wealth at least
At the end of the day, though, proportion doesn't come into it it you can't make ends meet for yourself or your family. If you can't afford anything at all, then you can't give anything. Charity begins at home etc.

say yes

forum master baiter
Very promising performance.

Tired in the second half, but he was our best attacking player. Really hope that’s a sign of things to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom