• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
And Arteta admits he was impressed by the 31-year-old’s display. ‘I think he [Özil] played really well,’ Arteta told BBC Sport.

‘He worked and could have been the difference, we could have scored three or four goals from his balls through. ‘The final product wasn’t what we wanted. ‘It was intense, I was so excited, I just wanted to pass that energy to the players and I really enjoyed it.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/26/mike...senals-draw-bournemouth-11963378/?ito=cbshare

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pretty sure Arteta will keep him around next season, even if it’s for a squad role or impact off the bench.

This will also allow Özil to become a free agent.

zilfy

I loved how knackered he looked after being subbed, he hasn't worked that hard in a long time.

I wonder if this is the best way with Özil: let him know before the game that he will be taken off at the 60 minute mark regardless of what happens. Then he knows he doesn't have to save himself for the whole 90, he can just go for it

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He tried to press at least, he just lacks any upper body strength. No point asking him press if he gets barged off easy.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He was given lots of space early and used it well. Some decent passes put players in good positions without carving them open, but it was a good first half performance by what are now quite poor standards for him. He lowered the bar for himself, which is handy. Put in much more effort than he has been seen to recently too, so it appears he's been robbing us of the very least a player can do. Cheers Mesut.
Feck me where is @Jury when you need him? He does this so much better than you. :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Anyway Mesut isn’t suddenly reborn now like he wasn’t suddenly past it before. We simply have a manager now that wants to use him and actually knows how. I know it’s just 1 game but you could clearly see the structure Arteta is trying to build and it benefits all our players. It gives Mesut space to exploit between the lines and outlets in transition to find. That’s easy for him and key to Arteta’s plans.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Pretty sure Arteta will keep him around next season, even if it’s for a squad role or impact off the bench.

Think he was always going to stay until the end of his contract, the board or manager probably wont be able to say otherwise.

Sydney-Gooner

Not like we have a choice in the matter. Nobody's stupid enough to pay his wages so we're stuck with the Turkish Bogarde for another 18 months.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I just want Özil to be professional and play his best for the club that pays his contract.
As you would of all players. Don’t know why you have to highlight this with Özil.

He was doing extra training under Emery, Arteta just described his attitude and efforts as incredible since he’s been there, Freddie picked him for every game. Being a good pro doesn’t seem to be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom