• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Are we really still trying to kid ourselves into believing it was Emery who wrecked Özil? Jesus Christ how many managers did he have to underperform for before and after Emery for this to be recognised as pure adulterated horse ****?
%C3%96zil+key+pass+and+xA.png
We’re not kidding ourselves about nothing we’re talking about facts
2_Screen-Shot-2019-10-16-at-132029.jpg

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
You do realise that that tweet is actually meant to rip Özil?

The guy let him off the hook as if you read up on the scheme the amount the players are actually donating is $5K each.

Comparing Mr. Ozils salary like for like it’s the equivalent of someone earning £50K per annum donating £11.

Pep Guardiola has donated €1 million in the fight against Coronavirus. Let’s see which gets more headlines.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The guy let him off the hook as if you read up on the scheme the amount the players are actually donating is $5K each.

Comparing Mr. Ozils salary like for like it’s the equivalent of someone earning £50K per annum donating £11.

Pep Guardiola has donated €1 million in the fight against Coronavirus. Let’s see which gets more headlines.
Watch it lad, you’re treading a fine line between facts and hating on Özil. You’ll get rode up on in a blink!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We’re not kidding ourselves about nothing we’re talking about facts
2_Screen-Shot-2019-10-16-at-132029.jpg
Come on man ffs. It’s no embarrassment or even a climb down to take a step back and see in hindsight that Emery merely handled him differently. His effort to get a tune out of him were in vain but then so were everybody else’s. The player for whatever reason was in decline. For me, it’s 70% mental and 30% physical. It happens.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Come on man ffs. It’s no embarrassment or even a climb down to take a step back and see in hindsight that Emery merely handled him differently. His effort to get a tune out of him were in vain but then so were everybody else’s. The player for whatever reason was in decline. For me, it’s 70% mental and 30% physical. It happens.
New coach, different tactics/philosophy, different results. The only mistake is appointing Emery or renewing the contract depending on who you like more.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
New coach, different tactics/philosophy, different results. The only mistake is appointing Emery or renewing the contract depending on who you like more.
Both were mistakes. Fwiw, I believe Özil probably had to be given another contract at the time because of the position were in and the muggy little football fan inside me saw the form he was in and said ‘Fvck it’... The timing couldn’t have been better for Özil and his people. They took advantage and the rest is history.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Both were mistakes. Fwiw, I believe Özil probably had to be given another contract at the time because of the position were in and the muggy little football fan inside me saw the form he was in and said ‘Fvck it’... The timing couldn’t have been better for Özil and his people. They took advantage and the rest is history.
According to **** Law, he signed for what they had offered him a year prior to when he actually signed. Sanchez and his form had little to do with the size of the contract if that’s the case.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Özil actually hit some good form in late 2017/early 2018 before he signed his deal, the club were in a no win situation with those two in January...the club couldn't not give him what he wanted, fans were just baying for blood and after losing Sanchez they would have went crazy on the board losing an inform Özil...think if I was on the board at the time, I would also have wanted to give Mes the deal, just something we had to do really...Özil won't be here much longer anyway.

Getting Mikh on high wages in the Sanchez swap was the needless move, thanks Sven!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
According to **** Law, he signed for what they had offered him a year prior to when he actually signed. Sanchez and his form had little to do with the size of the contract if that’s the case.
**** Law is not to be believed imo, because it seems to me like he just wanted to give the impression he and the club weren’t piss weak victims of the circumstances and were truly bent over. I don’t believe for a second that Özil was offered 350K a week a year earlier. I just think that interview was his weird way of justifying it after it subsequently proved to be a massive waste of resources.

Last edited:

vantoure

Gab makes a very logical argument. what the club has done is wrong on a number of levels
1. It's unfair to have representative talk to the players about such a cut - why not discuss it one on one? Certain players, especially the younger ones will be put on the spot and essentially strong-armed
2. A blanket 12.5% cut is a shot in the dark at best, and is tantamount to pissing in the wind. What's to say that that amount will suffice the losses the club envisage. Alternatively, the club should have discussed a deferral with an agreement to share the losses at a percentage, at any given threshold.

Overall, more and more, the club is looking far removed from the picture of class it used to be known for in the past 20 years or so - ON and OFF the pitch

scytheavatar

Established Member

Why not both? Hiring Emery was a mistake because he had to clean up messes he inherited like Özil, and he only made those messes worse by being a ***** and not being decisive.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Özil actually hit some good form in late 2017/early 2018 before he signed his deal, the club were in a no win situation with those two in January...the club couldn't not give him what he wanted, fans were just baying for blood and after losing Sanchez they would have went crazy on the board losing an inform Özil...think if I was on the board at the time, I would also have wanted to give Mes the deal, just something we had to do really...Özil won't be here much longer anyway.

Getting Mikh on high wages in the Sanchez swap was the needless move, thanks Sven!

Serious question, so what if the fans were "baying for blood"? Are you going to stop supporting the club if we lose Sanchez and Özil at the same time? When you fall down, you pick yourself up and carry on. Not roll on the floor because you are afraid of falling down again. It was pure ridiculous for the club to give a damn about what the fans want in the first place.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Gab makes a very logical argument. what the club has done is wrong on a number of levels
1. It's unfair to have representative talk to the players about such a cut - why not discuss it one on one? Certain players, especially the younger ones will be put on the spot and essentially strong-armed
2. A blanket 12.5% cut is a shot in the dark at best, and is tantamount to pissing in the wind. What's to say that that amount will suffice the losses the club envisage. Alternatively, the club should have discussed a deferral with an agreement to share the losses at a percentage, at any given threshold.

Overall, more and more, the club is looking far removed from the picture of class it used to be known for in the past 20 years or so - ON and OFF the pitch

While it's painfully clear that the club has neglected to purchase a "Reference guide for response during pandemic-induced global economic shutdown" we should be mindful that organizations are trying their best, and formulating strategies on the fly. Mistakes are to be expected I guess.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Serious question, so what if the fans were "baying for blood"? Are you going to stop supporting the club if we lose Sanchez and Özil at the same time? When you fall down, you pick yourself up and carry on. Not roll on the floor because you are afraid of falling down again.

We have said at one stage "right that's it, I am done with this club", then been there watching the next week :lol: though we were starting to see plenty of empty seats at this point, the fans were unhappy.

The atmosphere towards the club would have been terrible in 2018 if we lost Alexis to United and said we weren't renewing an in-form Mesut, no matter how bad it looks now, we had to give him that contract.

It was pure ridiculous for the club to give a damn about what the fans want in the first place.

The club should care what the fans want...they have treated us very poorly since we bascially moved stadiums in 2006, this is why we have been such a toxic fanbase the last few years.

Pepes blue pill

Why doesn’t Kroenke donate a fraction of his wealth then?

Mate Özil coulda donated is whole wage and this dude woulda still got mad at him for not giving kroenke

Attacking Özil as a player = fair game

Attacking Özil as a person = Just makes people look stupid, Özil has shown himself to be an amazing person of the field n done more for others than anyone on here will ever do

think a few people get upset when they see someone with incredible success, its the sign of a weak man, I dont like conor mcgregor but I dont feel the need to attack him when he doesnt deserve it just because he is bloody loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom