• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I’m just gonna say these once and leave it for hopefully forever after that. If you don’t appreciate what Özil does on the pitch, you don’t know football. If you don’t understand why we went from losing game after game to winning 3 in a row after ESR was slotted in you don’t know football. Go watch back any match of Özil and watch all his touches and positioning and you see what he does. He makes your team tick, he makes it progress up the pitch. He helps you overload the opponent and create chances. When Mesut first came here people didnt see it and wanted him to be some all action midfielder that scored 15 a season. He never was that. Now they piss on his whole legacy like he never was anything. It’s sad to see but in the end all what counts is what we believe ourselves. I’m sad his last few seasons here turned out like this, through his and arsenal’s faults. But I’ll never stop appreciating talent like his, I see it in ESR. He dares to play football, to utilize his teammates and to attack the spaces. I can’t wait to see it even more.

Amen to this we should have been ****ing lucky to have him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m just gonna say these once and leave it for hopefully forever after that. If you don’t appreciate what Özil does on the pitch, you don’t know football. If you don’t understand why we went from losing game after game to winning 3 in a row after ESR was slotted in you don’t know football. Go watch back any match of Özil and watch all his touches and positioning and you see what he does. He makes your team tick, he makes it progress up the pitch. He helps you overload the opponent and create chances. When Mesut first came here people didnt see it and wanted him to be some all action midfielder that scored 15 a season. He never was that. Now they piss on his whole legacy like he never was anything. It’s sad to see but in the end all what counts is what we believe ourselves. I’m sad his last few seasons here turned out like this, through his and arsenal’s faults. But I’ll never stop appreciating talent like his, I see it in ESR. He dares to play football, to utilize his teammates and to attack the spaces. I can’t wait to see it even more.

Football is a two way game. Nobody actually questions what Özil does when we attack. What does he contribute when we lose the ball or when the ball is there to be won? He doesn't even attempt to win headers.

In a team with two solid dms and runners around him, he can sit in an armchair and influence the game.

With our midfield and forward options, Özil is pointless.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's easy to try and put this all on the club, and I'm not saying they didn't mess some things up. From Wenger own book he pretty much said Mesut was a prima donna who needed everything to his taste to perform to the best of his abilities, and Wenger loved him, so it's not like he was bad mouthing him.

You should cater to great players and give them special treatment. When the performances drop off the special treatment has to stop to and I don't think Mesut could handle that.

Mesut hasn't performed consistently to an acceptable level for around 3 years. A player with his natural abilities and huge contract should be held to the highest standard and he failed in meeting it. That is on him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
So does Edu get any credit if he manages to get Özil, Kola, Sokratis, Mustafi and Macey all out the door this month?
If he pulls this off, then yes he does. But we move on to the next steps-new players and youth-and he has to do well in those departments too. He'll have certainly helped Arteta but the pressure is still on both.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It is so depressing seeing any Özil related stuff getting hijacked by hateful comments.

I hope, in vain, that these hateful comments stop once he goes.

Let him leave in peace, guys.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Hooked up with a girl above my league the night the Özil rumours started surfacing. When we signed him it was the best feeling of my life.

Genuinely thought every corner is turning for the better. And it did for a while, but it just wasn't the right fit at the time. Brought more bad than good towards the end when it became utterly toxic and depressing just thinking about the situation.

Right up to this bit of your post I was convinced you were going to add 'anyway, enough about her....'

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Look, I love(d) the guy, but I'd celebrste him leaving this month more than Thuerry's goal on his returns vs Leeds in the FA Cup.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How it started…

1379850854808_lc_galleryImage_image001_png.JPG

How it's ending...

Divided_Pie

club must be confident if they're briefing the press now
This is a nothing story. No quotes, not even anonymous ones. The entirety of the story relating to the headline:

“Intriguingly, a number of influential members of the Gunners squad and staff agreed with Arteta's decision to axe the German amid concerns over his commitment.”

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Usually when Mokbel comes out with something it's from the club.
I guess. I'm confused now on who in the press the club goes to. Feel like we've gone through every major English football journalist at this point. Then again, I don't keep track of this ****.

Reactions: A_G

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Usually when Mokbel comes out with something it's from the club.
Obvious it's from the club because of the "influential members of Arsenal's squad" insertion. The club's been pushing bollocks stories against Özil for months trying to pressure/discredit him.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom