• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

Come on lad he was good today. Lots of smart passing around the box and rarely makes a mistake.

Although his one on one chance I kinda wish he'd let it bounce and drilled it on the half volley.
It looked as though that ball bounced like it was hit with a pitching wedge. It didn't run on as much as expected and he was left a bit cramped. He wasn't great this game but he was decent and he's making some really good runs into the box. Certainly he is evolving his game.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Come on lad he was good today. Lots of smart passing around the box and rarely makes a mistake.

Although his one on one chance I kinda wish he'd let it bounce and drilled it on the half volley.
I know, but every time he plays, I expect him to do something magical. Coutinho is a good example of someone who keeps trying to make things happen.

Edit: Coutinho is still a ****ty player

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Should've scored at least a brace, definitely not one of his better games for us, I thought he was poor. Still popped up with some decisive moments and I loved him sitting Van Aanholt down :lol:.

The pitch at The Stadium of Light looked like it hadn't been watered for weeks.

amirkat

Established Member
Still not got going yet and we're 10 games in.

Think last season took a lot out of him mentally.

To be THAT ****ing good and win **** all must be soul-destroying.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
Mate, you're asking the impossible to be great every second of every minute.

Mesut has been great this season for ffs.

Who was it that said, he's not the battering ram people want to see, he's the one that oozes all through the holes and cracks. The unseen.

We have the best #10 in the world. Enjoy it !!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's playing very far forward, further forward than even Alexis. It's almost like he's the striker :lol:. He's popping up in spots ahead of Alexis before he makes the run. He's having a larger shot volume, he's getting on the ball around the box more. Only once can I recall him dropping deep for a spell vs Sunderland, and that lasted about 2-3 mins.

Wenger is using Özil, Theo and Iwobi specifically to get the best of Alexis - they're attacking the space ahead willingly and almost sacrificially without the ball whenever Alexis has it. Ox seems to be doing the same from what I saw vs Sunderland - he's not quite there yet but there was a certain smart actions I saw Ox take and one of them were some of his off the ball runs. I'd like to see them ramp up the overloading of the box when the cutback or through ball is on.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why do people find it hard to accept that his general play this season hasn't been anywhere near what he's capable of? To say he's been 'great' is doing him a disservice. No other player gets this annoying allowance. Indeed, our best players' performances (yes, Alexis) have been analysed to death in the past, even when he's scoring goals.

It's this complete bollocks that winds people up. I wont ever stop calling it out either :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom