• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He hasn't looked good to us. But you simply can't have the stats he has and also be in poor form.
I don't like to disagree, but you can actually! We miss what he's best at. I dont like this Özil, if it's by design. I dont think it works long term, which is what somebody wrote a great post about yesterday (cant think who it was)

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Glad to him him scoring. After the weak shot early on, it's great that he had the composure to do what he did. Our other forwards need to be smarter so that the assist level can go up too. I'd like to see him fizz his delivery a bit more but that goal was sublime. It's about being effective in the right way and Özil and a lot of our players are doing just that right now.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I dont think that's in question here, dear. Go and play with your Cindy doll or something. :lol:

Oooh good one, Ron.

ronswanson-gun.gif

Him not being as involved is purely down to design.

He hasn't looked good to us. But you simply can't have the stats he has and also be in poor form.

Jury main argument was that Özil wasn't enough end product player, all he did was being involved in the build up and passing the ball around the field. Now that Özil has shifted his focus to being more end product player that is still not good enough.

When someone hates you, you just can't do anything. You never win. That is Özil life... He just have to live with the haters.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Jury main argument was that Özil wasn't enough end product player, all he did was being involved in the build up and passing the ball around the field. Now that Özil has shifted his focus to being more end product player that is still not good enough.

When someone hates you, you just can't do anything. You never win. That is Özil life... He just have to live with the haters.
Thankfully there's a lot of love too!

Impact

Established Member
Another goal tonight, it looks likely that he will break his previous highest scoring season this year. Already on 7, only needs 5 more.

SYS

Iwobi will be our most important playmaker going forward. Everyone including him have to score goals and Özil had to make that step forward himself after we moved from our previously used slow tempo system. I am glad Özil is starting to deliver the goals and there is enough pressure now to do so with the improved squad. We can easily fund our attacking enforcements as well in coming transfer windows which is promising.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't like to disagree, but you can actually! We miss what he's best at. I dont like this Özil, if it's by design. I dont think it works long term, which is what somebody wrote a great post about yesterday (cant think who it was)
Have to disagree with the bolded.:lol:

It isn't the best use of his strengths but it seems like Sanchez dropping deep is non-negotiable. Özil is the second-best off the ball runner in the squad so I suppose he has to play like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom