• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Song Billong

Its not a popular view in AM though. There are people who preferred Cesc before him. Now see where Cesc is

Credit to Cesc for what he did at this club, but he is simply an after-thought now thanks to Özil. Özil has washed away all the post-Cesc bile, anger and pain.

Özil has proven that he is a better player and has a level to his game that Cesc could never hope to reach IMO. Though in Cesc's defense he's nowhere near mobile enough to play like Özil, so he's a different kind if player.

Reactions: SYS

fc honka

Saw only the last 15 minutes of the game, but heard the commentator say, that already before the goal he was the best Arsenal player. Had british commentating on my Viasat channel.

Checked also a few sites for ratings and he got
-9 best of all players
-8 best of all
-8.8 best of all
-4 stars out of 5 best of all
-8 best of all

Very hard to believe after these ratings, that he did not have a good game.

Hydro said it perfectly in his post. Earlier people have critized Özil for not scoring enough and not tracking back. Now he is doing both things better than earlier but now he is not giving assists enough or his assist are so easy, that any grandmom could have given those :rolleyes:

Sometimes its hard to believe some people are serious or even half serious with their posts :confused:

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Credit to Cesc for what he did at this club, but he is simply an after-thought now thanks to Özil. Özil has washed away all the post-Cesc bile, anger and pain.

Özil has proven that he is a better player and has a level to his game that Cesc could never hope to reach IMO. Though in Cesc's defense he's nowhere near mobile enough to play like Özil, so he's a different kind if player.
I love what Cesc did while he was here. He is still the closest thing to Santi I feel though so I'd have him back for £1m and £10k a week wages.

SuperGoon

Lost A Bet And Now He’s A Top G

Player:Saka
Jury is like the Joker. He could rehabilitate himself and fall in love with Özil if he really wanted to, but he's gone too far to go back now.

Personally, I love it. He really gets an easy rise out of most people and even if that's not intentional and if he truly does believe Özil isn't a world class player then it's funny to see him try to convince himself otherwise.

Last edited:

SYS

Definitely credit to Cesc for what he did here but cant overlook the improvement we have made from those days which is often the case. Judas was our best player from those days by a country mile but gets the most stick from us and he hates us back for the same.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
CwNfX7HXYAAY1PZ.jpg

say yes

forum master baiter
Not buying this criticism about Özil's game at all. Absolutely loving that he has added goals to repertoire.

Think this is 100% Wenger's doing: 3rd man runs are at the very core of Wengerball and I remember him doing exactly the same thing with Fabregas.

I don't see Özil doing anything incompatible with what he was doing last year- he has added to his game not fundamentally changed it and the assists will start flowing again soon.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
This match had been edging towards an unsatisfactory conclusion, locked at 2-2 after a frenzy of first half goals, when the visitors’ substitute Mohamed Elneny clipped Özil beyond Ludogorets’ back-line. The German international advanced and, with the ball bouncing awkwardly, scooped it over Milan Borjan with his left foot as the goalkeeper advanced from his penalty area. Cosmin Moti and José Luis Palomino still hoped to thwart him having raced back towards the goalline, but Özil simply dropped his shoulder, left both centre-halves sprawled on the turf with a sway of his hips, and calmly slid Arsenal’s winner into the corner of the net.

The act of scoring was a thing of beauty, a goal worthier of a grander occasion than this, and a reminder of the quality Arsenal possess to extricate themselves from the most awkward of scenarios. “Great players make the right decisions in the game situations they face,” Arsène Wenger said with a chuckle. “They always take the optimum solution. To me, it didn’t look like the optimum solution, I’ll admit. You wanted him to take the chance earlier, but he had enough skill to prove he was right. When the ball was in the back of the net, it was clear it had been the optimum solution after all.”

As Özil was pursued by his team-mates on to the running track and into the smoke drifting from the celebratory flares lit by the away support, with this arena still in awe of his timely contribution, it was easy to forget Arsenal had actually been trailing by two goals after a quarter of an hour. At that stage, ignominy had beckoned. Even in the second half, once parity had been restored, they had risked dropping behind Paris Saint-Germain at the top of Group A for a while. The Parisians would conjure their own late drama in Basel, eventually prevailing 2-1 in stoppage time at the end, but Özil’s reward ensures an Arsenal victory against PSG on 23 November will see them claim the section.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ogorets-razgrad-champions-league-match-report

Last edited by a moderator:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
This ****ing magician literally just scored the kind of goal Pogba scores in adverts. He flicked the ball over the keepers' head and sat two defenders down in several, small, crisp movements. Technically Mesut Özil is very much flawless. The composure he showed at a crucial time, the quality of his run, Elneny's pass.. simply outstanding.

In future, I'm not even going to contemplate entertaining arguments about who is a better no.10 than Özil. Not De Bruyne, not Coutinho, not Payet and certainly not FABREGAS. We've got the best in Mesut Özil. Drink it in maaaaaan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom