• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asterix

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/martin_samuel/article3850456.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 850456.ece</a>

haven't seen a lot of him to offer an informed comment, but it really looks like Flamini is going

Jameel46

Established Member
i like Michael Johnson but he isn't a DM and i can't say his game is suited to playing DM, his got the build of a vieira but the style of a cesc. he is very talented but i'd rather have the more experienced and consistently proven Villa captain, Gareh Barry.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
tbh, I would rather spend a good amount of cash on Micah Richards since there seems to be a turmoil in City.

He has expressed so many times that it Arsenal is his favorite team and its his dream to play for us.

He was immense this season until he got injured.

Micah>>>Terry

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I like Johnson. He can drive the midfield forward and good at timing his actions. He is one of the bright graduates among Sturridge, Ricahrds from Citeh's academy.

longrufus

Established Member
I like Johnson too, a very good all round player. The kid could go places at the right club. He's the type of signing i would like to see even if Flamini stayed.

Kraig

Established Member
great player who could offer us some tenacity in the middle of the park as well as ability. go for it Arsène.

however, does anyone from the times actually proof read there freaking articles!?! the same paragraph is used twice and the spelling and grammar are appalling!

asajoseph

Established Member
Looked a very good player at the start of the season, but I thought he faded a bit.

Is he really a partner for cesc though?

longrufus

Established Member
Struggled with minor knocks towards the end of the season which affected his performance.

Good question, he isnt suited to solely defensive role as he's more of a box to box type player. To be honest though im of the opinion that you dont need a defensive midfielder for the majority of games, as long as you've got players willing to work hard in the middle and a good defence behind you it works fine. I do think in bigger games you need more defensive stability so a more defensive minded player might be better utilised. I've always been a fan of playing teams for games to be honest.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Good player but is no way as dynamic all action type as flamini, hes pretty slow actually

That can be developed nevertheless but id prefer barry anyday

I agree, we should just do a sergio ramos, buy richards who can easily be at this club for the next ten years and one of the best in the world. But we should only do that if we have lots of money to spend

But to me before we even buy any of these luxury players, an experienced central defender is should be our main target and getting a new central midfielder quickly

Curtis davies already said he can understand if barry leaves as he'll want to take the next step like he did. The whole club would understand and wouldnt slap a big price tag on barry after the service and loyalty hes given to villa

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Then what about gerrard then, lol F**k it, why not

Isnt in the liverpool new kit launch, admires our club and manager, how we play football.. He knows liverpool wont be any closer to winning the league 5 years from now

Him and cesc are a dream partnership and we dont have a number '8'. We can all dream but I wouldnt mind us testing liverpools resolve, see how gerrard reacts

Gurgen

Established Member
Gerrard-Cesc would be an awful partnership. The last thing Cesc needs is a headless chicken with no positional sense next to him.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Possibly Wenger has choosen another player for the possibly Flamini who will leave, because we cant compete with the financial power of Chelsea and Liverpool.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Maybe we will in the summer with their being changes and all, edelman leaving... Ok keith did his job, fair play to him but why not jut leave in the summer.. Theres more to it than him leaving I believe

scytheavatar

Established Member
If you had asked me at the start of the season I would have welcomed him into our club, but as some have mentioned his form has dripped since then. He has potential, but I don't think he's the one we are looking for.

If there's anyone from Man City I want it's not Richards or Johnson, but Joe Hart. Younger than Fabianski but more impressive. He's pretty much the only young English player I feel that has the world class potential, outside of Walcott.

Linson

I think Johnson would be a great signing along with Barry and Richards. Johnson is a bit too much of a box-to-box midfielder. Richards could be converted to a DCM and give the physical presence so Cesc can run the show, not sure about Richards range of passing though!

Glovegun

Established Member
Johnson would be a fantastic signing. Not as dynamic as Flamini but much bigger physically and probably a better passer. If we could nick him and Richards from City, and maybe lure Barry away, I'd be absolutely ecstatic.

Almunia

Sagna, Richards, Gallas, Clichy

Walcott, Fabregas, Barry, Hleb (?)

Adebayor, van Persie

subs - Fabianski, Toure, Johnson, Rosicky, Bendtner

Great line-up.

Illusion

Established Member
Glovegun said:
Johnson would be a fantastic signing. Not as dynamic as Flamini but much bigger physically and probably a better passer. If we could nick him and Richards from City, and maybe lure Barry away, I'd be absolutely ecstatic.

Almunia

Sagna, Richards, Gallas, Clichy

Walcott, Fabregas, Barry, Hleb (?)

Adebayor, van Persie

subs - Fabianski, Touré, Johnson, Rosicky, Bendtner

Great line-up.

Great lineup indeed, but extremely wishful thinking.

If Richards was available he'd be off to Man Utd or Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom